Sign in to follow this  
JimBee

Prequel Trilogy Scenes and Battles

indexed.gif

Hello everyone, this is just a topic for all of the new scenes of the PT movies that I will be creating soon. Instead of making a new topic for each, I figured to just make one for all of them. I am only doing PT because I don't have many OT sets, plus I like PT better. I love all of the cool environments, creatures, and characters of PT, so I like making dioramas for them. Note, I will not include my old Mustafaar and Kasshyyyk dioramas, they were horrible. So, lets start:

Diorama #1: Naboo Swamp (Episode 1: The Phantom Menace)

This is the scene where Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi land on the planet Naboo as stowaways on Trade Federation MTTs.

2680798829_786b094297_o.jpg

Qui-gon is fleeing from an MTT that is on its way to Theed, crushing the forest and swamps as it goes. This is right before the local Gungan Jar Jar Binks grabs hold of Qui-Gon as the MTT harmlessly hovers over the pair. Obi-wan is running from a pursuing STAP.

2681617108_e922c750a8_m.jpg

2680799289_52ca31b873_m.jpg

2680799473_0ec42a502b_m.jpg

2680799659_9e26554ff3_m.jpg

In the near future, expect to see the following dioramas:

Battle of Kashyyyk (redone)

Mustafaar Duel (redone)

Theed Palace Duel

Battle of Utapau

Utapau Duel

Comments are welcome! :classic:

2681617108_e922c750a8_m.jpg

Obi-wan ponders the mystery of the dreaded Camera cord!

Great scene, I'm looking forward to the rest!

Edited by Inertia

Obi-wan ponders the mystery of the dreaded Camera cord!

Great scene, I'm looking forward to the rest!

Ack, I didn't see that! Thanks for pointing that out and the feedback! :sweet:

Interesting thread, Jim, and a very nice first diorama! :thumbup: I can't wait to see more! Can you tell us which other scenes you are planning on recreating? :sweet: I hope that one of them will be that Mygeeto diorama you were talking about for a while! :oh:

I want to start making some dioramas myself - beginning with my CW contest entry. :wink: Once I get 8637 Volcano Base, I will totally make a Mustafar diorama for example.

PT ON! :thumbup:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Interesting thread, Jim, and a very nice first diorama! :thumbup: I can't wait to see more! Can you tell us which other scenes you are planning on recreating? :sweet: I hope that one of them will be that Mygeeto diorama you were talking about for a while! :oh:

I want to start making some dioramas myself - beginning with my CW contest entry. :wink: Once I get 8637 Volcano Base, I will totally make a Mustafar diorama for example.

PT ON! :thumbup:

Battle of Kashyyyk (redone)

Mustafaar Duel (redone)

Theed Palace Duel

Battle of Utapau

Utapau Duel

Unfortunately, I won't be doing these that soon... maybe Kashyyyk, but I'm not sure yet... my last one terrible, and I dont have the right material at the moment... and Mustafaar will have to wait, as I don't have much cash after the RGS to get the volcano base... but I hope you look forward to them! And as for the Mygeeto diorama... I don't know yet... I would like to make it, but I don't have the right material to execute it well... I need to think up some ideas for the blue towers. I tried using half of the CITY air plane as one, with blue stripes, but that looked cheap... hmmm....

Edited by JimButcher

I need to think up some ideas for the blue towers. I tried using half of the CITY air plane as one, with blue stripes, but that looked cheap... hmmm....

Well, if you have a whole bunch of blue 1x2 bricks and 1x1 round bricks (or enough cash to get them from PAB), then you could use this technique:

1x2.jpg

Of course you would have to use bricks instead of plates. :wink: It may not be very stable, but it's quite effective neverthless. :thumbup:

On a side note, I'm a little surprised. I thought you had most of the Mygeeto thing done already. :wacko:

However, I am looking forward to these :thumbup: ... except for Kashyyyk maybe, I don't like forests that much. :sceptic:

And I wont be getting the Volcano base anytime soon either - I didn't know it was 70 bucks! :cry_sad:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well, if you have a whole bunch of blue 1x2 bricks and 1x1 round bricks (or enough cash to get them from PAB), then you could use this technique:

1x2.jpg

Of course you would have to use bricks instead of plates. :wink: It may not be very stable, but it's quite effective neverthless. :thumbup:

On a side note, I'm a little surprised. I thought you had most of the Mygeeto thing done already. :wacko:

However, I am looking forward to these :thumbup: ... except for Kashyyyk maybe, I don't like forests that much. :sceptic:

And I wont be getting the Volcano base anytime soon either - I didn't know it was 70 bucks! :cry_sad:

Thanks for the advice! :sweet: As for the Mygeeto thing, I think I said a while ago that it didn't work out. I had some of it done, but I didn't like it, and took it apart. And you don't like forests? In general, or in SW? We kinda need plants... :wacko:

Edited by JimButcher

Super awesome, I really like this. I imagine that haunting music for Naboo in the background and a shrieking Jar-Jar being turned to mulch under the MTT... :tongue: Keep it up... I actually happen to love plants :tongue: and can't wait for Kashyyk.

No problem, Jim. :thumbup: But I think I misunderstood something. I thought you were talking about simple towers (as in big columns), but after looking at some pics of Mygeeto, I think you are talking about those towers that seem to be made out of several disks as seen in this scene:

Mygeeto_bridge_battle.jpg

Therefore, I take back my advice to use bricks instead of plates when using that technique. This way you'll be able to make several small rings, each with a different radius, and insert long plates that connect two ends of each ring through the center, so that they are stackable. Then, you could make a tower of normal 2x2 bricks for example, and put the rings in between every three bricks or so, so that the rings ave some space between them. Do you know what I mean? If not, you could also just stack a bunch of radar dishes on top of each other, always with a brick between them to create the inbetween-space.

If you could include the new Fighter Tank into this, it would be awesome, but unfortunately they're not released here yet. :cry_sad:

And you don't like forests? In general, or in SW? We kinda need plants... :wacko:

I mean in SW. :tongue: When there are such interesting places like Coruscant, Cloud City, Felucia, etc., a simple forest with treehouses like on Kashyyyk or Endor seems rather boring to me. :wink:

However, when you do Kashyyyk, it would be great if you could include the new DGS and/or HSD! :sweet: Which of the old sets do you have?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

No problem, Jim. :thumbup: But I think I misunderstood something. I thought you were talking about simple towers (as in big columns), but after looking at some pics of Mygeeto, I think you are talking about those towers that seem to be made out of several disks as seen in this scene:

Mygeeto_bridge_battle.jpg

Therefore, I take back my advice to use bricks instead of plates when using that technique. This way you'll be able to make several small rings, each with a different radius, and insert long plates that connect two ends of each ring through the center, so that they are stackable. Then, you could make a tower of normal 2x2 bricks for example, and put the rings in between every three bricks or so, so that the rings ave some space between them. Do you know what I mean? If not, you could also just stack a bunch of radar dishes on top of each other, always with a brick between them to create the inbetween-space.

If you could include the new Fighter Tank into this, it would be awesome, but unfortunately they're not released here yet. :cry_sad:

I mean in SW. :tongue: When there are such interesting places like Coruscant, Cloud City, Felucia, etc., a simple forest with treehouses like on Kashyyyk or Endor seems rather boring to me. :wink:

However, when you do Kashyyyk, it would be great if you could include the new DGS and/or HSD! :sweet: Which of the old sets do you have?

Thanks, you two. Yeah, I know what you mean by the towers, and yes, that is what I was thinking of :wink: . I might not be able to build huge towers, but maybe small ones. I'd love to include the fighter tank in it once its released here in America. Also some speeder bikes and a Dwarf Spider Droid. Thanks a lot for the inspiration, it was needed! :sweet: And for Kashyyyk, I will include a DGS, Hailfire, and possibly a Homing Spider, plus speeder bikes and STAPs. Unfortunately, I only have a half broken Scout Walker, but no other Kashyyyk sets. (And yes, it's spelled with three 'y's.)

I think You need to work the baseplates.

Seeing those white dots is quite annoying. Try adding a little more "landscape"-feeling to it. It looks like the bricks are only there to keep the baseplates together. Also try to "build-over" the SNOT parts of the plate under the MTT.

Basically upgrade the landscape and send in the dusters! :tongue:

Nice idea, but there's still a little way to go. Can't wait to see Your improvement with the next diorama.

KimT

I think You need to work the baseplates.

Seeing those white dots is quite annoying. Try adding a little more "landscape"-feeling to it. It looks like the bricks are only there to keep the baseplates together. Also try to "build-over" the SNOT parts of the plate under the MTT.

Basically upgrade the landscape and send in the dusters! :tongue:

Nice idea, but there's still a little way to go. Can't wait to see Your improvement with the next diorama.

KimT

Thanks, these are kind of experimental as far as MOCing goes. Yes, the base plates are 30-40 years old. I need more green, brown and vegetation pieces. :sadnew: