Teazza

MOC: Launch Complex 39 A

indexed.gif B-OV-37C

Hi everybody, here I present you my latest MOC, shown at the last ITLug event in Ballabio (Italy) on 7th and 8th July.

The model represent the Launch Complex 39 A , at the Kennedy Space Center, where the Space Shuttle were lauched to the space.

The mobile element rotate and close on the shuttle, as you can see from the pictures here:

LC 39 A on MOC Pages

LC 39 A on Bickshelf

lc_39_b.jpg

lc_39_c.jpg

lc_39_d.jpg

lc_39_f.jpg

lc_39_i.jpg

lc_39_q.jpg

lc_39_s.jpg

Any comment or suggestion are welcome!

Bye

Teazza

Edited by Phred
Fixed posted images.

Wow, you did a great job! I like the tower an all the detail you put into it as well as the mobile platform. :thumbup:

*huh**oh2* Wow! It looks very realistic :thumbup: The tower is incredible, I especially like the diagonal supports :classic:

Wow! It looks incredible! Really well built and realistic looking. I like how the photos are taken from below, it makes it look very mightily.

Nicely done. Good details on the structures. I see you took some creative license on the model. I believe the real rotating service structure uses railroad wheels and tracks to move to and away from the shuttle.

Nicely done. Good details on the structures. I see you took some creative license on the model. I believe the real rotating service structure uses railroad wheels and tracks to move to and away from the shuttle.

You're right dr_spock, but with lego railroad track I couldn't get the right rotation angle for close the rotating service on the shuttle, so I choose to put tyres, maybe in the future I could substitute the tyres with railroad wheels, could be a nice idea. Thanks for suggestion!

Wow. Creating the industrial skeletal look is very difficult to make in Lego form, but you've done it flawlessly! I wish I could see this beauty in real life. :thumbup:

Wow from me too. Fantastic job, Teazza.

Great use of the bridge truss pieces. They fit in perfectly with the rest of the build.

Awesome.

:classic: :classic:

It's amazing to see these all together! A real fantastic creation, I only could dream about building. Te scale and detail are perfect! I'd like to save your BS address in my homepage for future, easy reference, unless you don't approve. Excellent work Teazza default_classic.gif

Great MOC...it looks so industrial.... i'm really impressed by your MOC!!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

An excellent version of the STS launch platform! I really like the details in your MOC! great work :thumbup:

It's amazing to see these all together! A real fantastic creation, I only could dream about building. Te scale and detail are perfect! I'd like to save your BS address in my homepage for future, easy reference, unless you don't approve. Excellent work Teazza default_classic.gif

Hi, for sure I approve! I'm glad you like my creation!

Thanks!

I caught the first picture out of the corner of my eye as the page was loading and thought it was an actual reference photograph! That's big... and impressive. Amazing work.

Not only is the MOC amazing, but the photography is superb as well. At first glance, two of your pictures looked like reference pictures of the real thing rather than LEGO, in part because of the excellence of the model, but also due to the camera angle. Well done!

Absolutely fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Supporting all your projects :wink: