Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Day 1, Stellar Conflicts

20042413944_51e05aa50c_z.jpg

Blacktron Mafia: Day 1

Players only, please. Comments on how great JJP is at editing belong in the discussion feed.

21038539472_bd1e48a405_z.jpg

In Meeting Room 1, in the CLASSIC Space Federation mining facility on LI-420, a countdown had begun....

21075093275_cf4feaef50_z.jpg

Colonel Jack Jones: ".... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19..." That's the second time I counted... There're only 19 people here not counting you and me. There should be 20."

Danny: "Fascinating."

Colonel Jack Jones: "Alright! Who's missing?"

"I'm here!"

"I'm present also."

"Me too!"

Colonel Jack Jones: "I heard you the first time, Claw."

Danny: "What about that feeble but talkative earthling? Raygun? Where's he?"

Colonel Jack Jones: "Raygun Bradby. Yes. He's the one missing!"

The assembly anxiously awaited the words of their commanding officer.

20886995870_1c084bcfa8_z.jpg

Colonel Jack Jones: "So, as you should all be aware, long range transmissions are down. This may be mundane, but I fear the worst. We were supposed to get a supply shipment in today, but they never showed up. Something's amiss, and I intend to figure out what! Now, before I begin, does anyone know where Raygun Bradby is?"

The crowd collectively shook their heads, or blinked, or stated no three times.

Colonel Jack Jones: "Perfect." :sarcasm_hmpf:

20886981220_e11dbe3552_z.jpg

Danny: "Well, If I was invading this facility, and I'd already cut off transmissions, the next thing I'd do would be deactivate our shields." :sweet:

Colonel Jack Jones: "You spend a lot of time trying to figure out the best ways to invade this facility, don't you!?"

Danny: "No, We already essentially own it. No need to invade." :sweet:

Colonel Jack Jones: "Ahh, shut up! Shields you said? I'll be right back. Keep an eye on the damn bureaucrats while I'm gone. They're like children! Or cats! Or cat children! Yeesh!"

Several minutes later, deep within the bowels of the facility....

21082710531_ea709ff5c8_z.jpg

*Whistles oldies*

20453982323_f56a1e7e96_z.jpg

Colonel Jack Jones: Paw off the switches, Raygun! What're you doing down here in the shield generator room?"

Raygun: "I... Uh... Misplaced my glasses."

Colonel Jack Jones: "you need a blaster to find your glasses?"

Raygun: "I... Uh.... Hail Blacktron!"

A half-way decent cat-fight ensued...

20886948770_ba6a5df784_z.jpg

Colonel Jack Jones finally managed to get the upper hand!

Later, in Meeting Room 1...

20887115668_3de06968b4_z.jpg

Colonel Jack Jones: "I found him trying to take down our shields... He's working for Blacktron!"

The crowd gasped in fear and revelation!

Danny: "Oooh! This sounds like a fun premise!"

Raygun: *groans* "There... is... another...."

Danny: "So... one other Blacktron infiltrator?"

Raygun: "No... Way more, man..."

Danny: "So... Like ten?"

Raygun: "No... Clues... In... the pictures...." *sigh*

Danny: "What's that supposed to mean?!" :hmpf:

Colonel Jack Jones: "I think he's unconscious."

20886922090_7218ab2df9_z.jpg

Danny: "Nope! Dead!"

Colonel Jack Jones: "What the blazes did you do that for?"

Danny: "We clearly weren't getting more out of him. Blacktron agents are well known to resist most forms of torture!"

Colonel Jack Jones: "Yeah... but you killed him..."

Danny: "Yes. Yes I did. Alright! I'm in control! I make the rules now! Raygun said there were other traitors in our midst! I propose we all vote each day for one individual to determine that individual's alignment! With any luck, we'll root out the Blacktron agents among us, and keep the shields up, and repel any invasion force they throw at us! Sound like a plan?"

The crowd mostly just nodded their collective heads, muttered a few "Yeah"s or "OK"s, and a "sure" in triplicate.

Danny: "Alright! First vote starts in 24 hours! Don't you love the 72 hour long days on LI-420?"

20452370934_b692991aba_z.jpg

Non-Player Characters (2):

20851129139_6e3725fc94_t.jpg Colonel JackJones (JackJonespaw) Co-Host

21027895582_d47378b90e_t.jpg Danny Longlegs (Dannylonglegs) Host

Player Characters (19)

21027842192_edb16e6fa1_t.jpg 4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic)

20415145844_8041d1b965_t.jpg Bock Pathos (Bob)

20849685300_aaf7aa1997_t.jpg Clark Kubrick (Chromeknight)

21027868232_b5717eebda_t.jpg Claw (Lazychicken)

20849703710_93824bae42_t.jpg Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer)

21037824615_8b8d3e299a_t.jpg Diamond Dodd (CallmePies)

20849732350_18fde81673_t.jpg Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide)

21045470021_b1654796ac_t.jpg Ender Gaiman (Jluck)

20416799743_963e9ef273_t.jpg Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest)

20851061939_f974e11a2e_t.jpg Harriet Stomper (Mediumsnowman)

20415231454_0e0b208942_t.jpg Laura Starbucks (Tariq)

20849777740_9c0b60f83c_t.jpg Major Dave (Fhomess)

20849787620_8c1937cd23_t.jpg Minga Gorgon (Dragonfire)

20416847023_7e3c9c98e5_t.jpg Nathan 'Maurice' Mallard (TinyPiesRUs)

21027987862_610964ec15_t.jpg Paul Harkonnenn (Piratedave84)

21037749475_8857d74678_t.jpg 'Rip' Sewer (Captain Nemo)

20416699973_437509b638_t.jpg Seamus Aaron (Hinckley)

21027827792_068bd3051d_t.jpg Vasquez Rodriguez (Lady K)

21027834742_a1d1bf86f1_t.jpg Zipzop Beetlejuice (Sir Stig)

RULES!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Federation (Town) or Blacktron (Mafia). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Voting is compulsory. Every player must have a vote placed by the end of the day. Those who do not follow this rule will be subject to 5 penalty votes.

3. A game day on LI-420 will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day may end early should a unanimous vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

12. There are no clues in the pictures. I will not intervene should someone suggest there are clues in the pictures, because there are none. There are not clues in the character flavor text. I wrote that stuff before I even decided on alignments and roles. No punishment will be doled out to violators of this rule, but I expect violators to be heavily harassed by other, rule-abiding players.

13. Grab your towel and don't panic.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Am I invisible? :cry_sad: My poor ego. I'm not in any of the pictures...

Several minutes later, deep within the bowels of the facility....

*snip*

Colonel Jack Jones finally managed to get the upper hand!

Later, in Meeting Room 1...

20887115668_3de06968b4_z.jpg

Colonel Jack Jones: "I found him trying to take down our shields... He's working for Blacktron!"

"Yay! Colonel Jones successfully vacated our bowels!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The crowd gasped in fear and revelation!

Danny: "Oooh! This sounds like a fun premise!"

Raygun: *groans* "There... is... another...."

Danny: "So... one other Blacktron infiltrator?"

Raygun: "No... Way more, man..."

Danny: "So... Like ten?"

Raygun: "No... Clues... In... the pictures...." *sigh*

...So...was that, "No...there's clues in the pictures", or "there are no clues in the pictures"?

OoC(Because I play too much Heroica): ^Is a joke, and is posted as a joke. See #12 and #13.

Danny: "Yes. Yes I did. Alright! I'm in control! I make the rules now! Raygun said there were other traitors in our midst! I propose we all vote each day for one individual to determine that individual's alignment! With any luck, we'll root out the Blacktron agents among us, and keep the shields up, and repel any invasion force they throw at us! Sound like a plan?"

I'm glad you asked if it just sounded like a plan - 'cause if you'd asked if it was a good plan, I'd have totally had to say no.

I think that's you on the far left in the photoshop fog of the last picture. There's some pink over there. Shoot, we need more pink in space. I loose photoshop fog, man. It's way cool. Also digging' the classic space noggin' protectors. No cracks! Trippy!

Loooose, loooove, it's all good. Autocorrect is trippy, too.

Minga believes that she has spotted Seamus in the first and last photos, wearing a pink helmet. Minga is disgusted at Seamus' poor sense of fashion. Oh, and Minga would also like some coffee.

I may be a miner, but this morning is still a bit too early even for me.

That being said, we are on the right track--we already got one Blacktron. :grin:

...So...was that, "No...there's clues in the pictures", or "there are no clues in the pictures"?

Time check. Has voting begun? We need to lynch Clementine for deliberately misleading the Federation like this. And for failure to read the rules.

... wait, what? That was a joke? I do not understand "jokes" - that may have been part of my humanity that I lost.

Day one, so am I correct that we all come claim to you via the facility messaging system?

Day one, so am I correct that we all come claim to you via the facility messaging system?

I wouldn't be surprised to hear about people claiming to him through the system... :oh:

Time check. Has voting begun? We need to lynch Clementine for deliberately misleading the Federation like this. And for failure to read the rules.

... wait, what? That was a joke? I do not understand "jokes" - that may have been part of my humanity that I lost.

Well, you can either start the day out by making a short post about fluffy space sheep, fluffy space clouds, or fluffy space cotton candy - or you can start the day out by having fun and making a few jokes. Thoroughly enjoying the subject matter, I decided to go with the second.

No, this is day one, you don't claim anything unless you're being lynched. No one knows anyone's alignment at this point, except scum. And you've played many, many more games than I have, so you should already know this... :hmpf_bad:

You wouldn't be trying to take advantage of the fact that several of our players are new, and be hoping that you could trick them into PMing your team important information...would you? :look::hmpf_bad:

Hmm... All of this sounds like a lot of work. Between this and the whole Blacktron invasion, this place isn't looking very appealing right now. Haven't I got a ship lying around somewhere? Come on Diamond, let's get off this lousy planet. Anyone else is welcome to purchase a room on board. I should note however that I only accept cash... Space cash.

Hmm... All of this sounds like a lot of work. Between this and the whole Blacktron invasion, this place isn't looking very appealing right now. Haven't I got a ship lying around somewhere? Come on Diamond, let's get off this lousy planet. Anyone else is welcome to purchase a room on board. I should note however that I only accept cash... Space cash.

I'm right with you Maurice. :wub: Blacktron won't have a chance against the slickest space cowboy in the galaxy.

Pfft. You're too late for that. Everyone claimed to me during the confirmation thread. :tongue:

Speaking of which, I'm glad to have confirmation that I am indeed here. I was looking for my hair when I apparently should be looking for anything pink. :thumbup: Good to know.

I will gladly take anybody on board my SIDRAT machine fora fee, which can travel through space and time! And I take Space Credit Cards, too!

Only catch is I have zero control over it and you'll probably end up trapped with me on prehistoric Earth for the rest of your very short life. But hey, at least we'll be together, right?

Dude, were standing right behind me during the meeting, wearing your helmet no less... :hmpf: Maybe if you had taken it off and payed attention we could be blasting those Blacktron right now!

Hello friends! :wub: Today would be a lovely day, if we didn't find out that Blacktron scum are trying to break into our base and seize it for their own nefarious purposes. What a bunch of douchebags. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry, I shouldn't have acted in such a manner, it's extremely unprofessional for me, as an administrator, to refer to someone in such a derogatory way.

But still, they're a bunch of no good meanies, and I hope that we catch each and every one and feed them to the rancor! What's that? We don't have a rancor? Well, we'll have to requisition one and then feed them to it. :angry:

No, no, that's a ludicrous suggestion. We don't have the funds for it and transporting such a wild beast would be a serious drain on Federation resources. There are more efficient ways of dealing with traitorous individuals.

No, this is day one, you don't claim anything unless you're being lynched. No one knows anyone's alignment at this point, except scum. And you've played many, many more games than I have, so you should already know this... :hmpf_bad:

Minga is quite surprised at Clementine's apparent lack of humour and ability to recognise a joke. Minga would hope that what Clementine stated is already glaringly obvious, and therefore Minga concludes that Clementine's post is unnecessary. Minga is beginning to wonder if Clementine is deliberately accusing a townie to appear "pro-town", whatever that is :look:

Minga has noticed that Clementine has never played a game with Seamus before, maybe Clementine should read any game that Seamus has played in and get some context :thumbup: Then Clementine would understand why 4-of-2 made that comment.

Minga is quite surprised at Clementine's apparent lack of humour and ability to recognise a joke. Minga would hope that what Clementine stated is already glaringly obvious, and therefore Minga concludes that Clementine's post is unnecessary. Minga is beginning to wonder if Clementine is deliberately accusing a townie to appear "pro-town", whatever that is :look:

No, Clementine is moderately worried at the possibility of Hinckley Seamus being a Godfather. 4 of 2 had phrased it so that any "joke-ness" was rather vague. :hmpf_bad:

We know that we have newbies in this game, that might not be fully used to Mafia, and it seems logical that the scum might try and take advantage of that fact. If Seamus were to be a Godfather, than the scum could take the chance of having 4 of 2 called out for being scum, since since there's no way to find a Godfather except lynching. Run the risk of loosing a goon, possibly get PRs.

(Explanation of Logic:

Hinckley always gets investigated first. Tradition of the game. Scum need to know town PRs. Godfathers don't turn up as scum. So, if Technic(as a goon) tricks newbies and directs traffic towards him(Hinckley as Godfather), even at the cost of getting killed, the scum team gets /invaluable/ information - while Hinckley won't ever come up as scum /because he's a Godfather/ - meaning he can sit and run the game.)

No, Clementine is moderately worried at the possibility of Hinckley Seamus being a Godfather. 4 of 2 had phrased it so that any "joke-ness" was rather vague. :hmpf_bad:

We know that we have newbies in this game, that might not be fully used to Mafia, and it seems logical that the scum might try and take advantage of that fact. If Seamus were to be a Godfather, than the scum could take the chance of having 4 of 2 called out for being scum, since since there's no way to find a Godfather except lynching. Run the risk of loosing a goon, possibly get PRs.

(Explanation of Logic:

Hinckley always gets investigated first. Tradition of the game. Scum need to know town PRs. Godfathers don't turn up as scum. So, if Technic(as a goon) tricks newbies and directs traffic towards him(Hinckley as Godfather), even at the cost of getting killed, the scum team gets /invaluable/ information - while Hinckley won't ever come up as scum /because he's a Godfather/ - meaning he can sit and run the game.)

Minga concludes that Clementine is either Scum (trying to confuse the town) or a townie reading too much into 4-of-2 's comment. Additionally, Minga would like to express her disbelief that Clementine thinks that 4-of-2 was being serious. Clementine's opinion seems to be that 4-of-2 was attempting to bamboozle newbies into claiming to Seamus, but Minga finds this theory extremely unlikely. Minga has looked through the "player list" and concludes that there are only four people (Clementine included) who have never played a game with Seamus and thus have not come across the "everyone claims to Seamus Day One" thing. And half of us are veterans. Does Clementine seriously believe that 4-of-2 is attempting to confuse three people into claiming to Seamus?

Minga would like to edit her first sentence, addendum: "Minga concludes that, if Clementine is town, she is reading way too much into 4-of-2's comment."

Additionally, Minga would like to express her disbelief that Clementine thinks that 4-of-2 was being serious.
Express away.
Clementine's opinion seems to be that 4-of-2 was attempting to bamboozle newbies into claiming to Seamus, but Minga finds this theory extremely unlikely. Minga has looked through the "player list" and concludes that there are only four people (Clementine included) who have never played a game with Seamus and thus have not come across the "everyone claims to Seamus Day One" thing.

*single sentence snip*

Does Clementine seriously believe that 4-of-2 is attempting to confuse three people into claiming to Seamus?

No, Clementine considers it a possibility.

Minga would like to edit her first sentence, addendum: "Minga concludes that, if Clementine is town, she is reading way too much into 4-of-2's comment."

You could very well be right on that. Or you could be trying to clean up 4 of 2's mess. Or we could both be town, while the scum are only making fluff posts.

Probably the last one. :hmpf_bad:

Minga concludes that Clementine is either Scum (trying to confuse the town) or a townie reading too much into 4-of-2 's comment. Additionally, Minga would like to express her disbelief that Clementine thinks that 4-of-2 was being serious. Clementine's opinion seems to be that 4-of-2 was attempting to bamboozle newbies into claiming to Seamus, but Minga finds this theory extremely unlikely. Minga has looked through the "player list" and concludes that there are only four people (Clementine included) who have never played a game with Seamus and thus have not come across the "everyone claims to Seamus Day One" thing. And half of us are veterans. Does Clementine seriously believe that 4-of-2 is attempting to confuse three people into claiming to Seamus?

I thank you, Minga. You accurately explained to Clementine that she's being foolish and misunderstanding my attempt at a joke. Remember, Clem, I am mostly cyborg. My humanity is mostly gone and therefore I struggle with emotion and feeling and humor.

I thank you, Minga. You accurately explained to Clementine that she's being foolish and misunderstanding my attempt at a joke. Remember, Clem, I am mostly cyborg. My humanity is mostly gone and therefore I struggle with emotion and feeling and humor.

Actually, I'd say you're quite good with emotions. I genuinely believed you were being condescending there. :hmpf_bad::thumbdown: