Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Conclusion

Conclusion

Kára looked out over the battlements. It appeared that the Fire Giants had momentarily halted their march. It was safe for some of the einherjar to get some rest before the inevitable battle.

IMG_2868_zpsqfrdwxza.jpg

Pudding-Head (Hinckley) tried to sleep down in the hall. Pudding-Head's mind was clouded after beloved companion Pernilla had left him.

IMG_2873_zps5xb5bype.jpg

Pudding-Head didn't notice the footsteps quickly approaching...

IMG_2877_zpseuxci2l8.jpg

All Pudding-Head could do was gasp, transfixed as he was on the figure before him.

IMG_2884_zpstnm2icbj.jpg

"Fulfill your destiny..." the figures whispered, "Join us... Join us... Take this sword, and complete our mission at last..."

IMG_2882_zpsmawbqyai.jpg

"One of us! We share the same blood! Once a Pudding-Head, always a Pudding-Head! Join us... Destroy Valhalla once and for all!"

IMG_2890_zpsdiwl0ixf.jpg

"Never! My loyalties lie with the einherjar!" Pudding-Head answered defiantly.

IMG_2892_zpsqsbzag0j.jpg

Pudding-Head looked around. There was no one there. It was just a dream...

IMG_2893_zpsgjp09lhl.jpg

Upon the battlements, another troubled soul stirred.Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora) could no longer sit by and await his death.

IMG_2897_zpsjfyu6gea.jpg

If he was to die, it would be on his own terms! He clutched his fire-thrower, the only true friend he had left...

IMG_2898_zpskygsk1yr.jpg

Down in the hall Petrus found the others colluding. Fire siphon in hand, he marched towards them...

IMG_2901_zpspgbcfvsk.jpg

Petrus unleashed a barrage of fire on his foes, cackling as he went.

IMG_2903_zpsf7cdwb88.jpg

Pudding-Head leaped into action however, attempting to wrestle the weapon away from the crazed Petrus.

IMG_2904_zpsno49wpve.jpg

Petrus and Pudding-Head found themselves on the floor, grappling with each other to the death...

IMG_2912_zps1qihbedr.jpg

Whilst they were busy, Agnar Skull-Smasher (Adam) was free to regain her composure. She crept towards the two warriors, her mace raised...

IMG_2914_zps43igwplw.jpg

... With a mighty whack, Agnar lived up to her name and smashed Petrus' skull.

IMG_2920_zpsfljreznu.jpg

Pudding-Head and Agnar looked down at the now motionless Petrus, the Neutral deliverer of fire and death.

IMG_2922_zpsfvzacjyv.jpg

Before they had time for respite however, they heard a call from the battlements. The Fire Giants were arriving in force. Though Ragnar had slain many, more still came, intent on destroying the last bastion of the living.

IMG_2925_zpsrm9mci4z.jpg

Kára did battle with their mighty leader, Surtr with the fiery sword...

IMG_2927_zpsfxsau0ll.jpg

... Meanwhile, Agnar and Pudding-Head dealt with the giants who sought to enter through the gateway.

IMG_2930_zpsmmwhvxtw.jpg

They were no match however. The raging fires of the Giants were unquenchable.

"FUUCCKK!" Agnar shouted as the two warriors were thrown from the balcony...

IMG_2935_zpsb3yyngv6.jpg

... And down to the floor, defeated.

IMG_2966_zpszjxbad3a.jpg

It was at that moment that Petrus Fire-Starter woke up again. After the blow to the head, Petrus had regained a sense of clarity, which he had all but lost during the horrors of Ragnarok.

IMG_2938_zpsen6metxx.jpg

Now, realising what must be done, he stood tall before the giants, fearing no fire.

IMG_2946_zpsxqa0xvyq.jpg

With a pump of his siphon, Petrus sent a stream of fire into the giant's face.

"Aarrrgh! It burns!" The giant shrieked, "what is this trickery?"

IMG_2950_zpsdmfoww17.jpg

"It's called Greek Fire, scumbag," Petrus replied, continuing to pump fire into his foe's face.

IMG_2947_zpse7ajstdx.jpg

Finally, having used up his flamethrower, Petrus grabbed his axe and charged into battle!

IMG_2959_zpssvaemihm.jpg

There, amongst the searing fires, he fought to the last with those giants who remained.

IMG_2962_zpswojwuzfn.jpg

Elsewhere, Kára had gained the upper hand against Surtr, and now leaped at the giant's face, spear in hand...

IMG_2972_zpslvoaqnzq.jpg

She found her mark, stabbing Surtr directly in the eye!

IMG_2973_zpswpqh8wqo.jpg

The last of the giants collapsed, throwing Kára down with him.

IMG_2976_zpswoyqdvj6.jpg

At last, the battle was over, and all the agents of Ragnarok vanquished. The remaining Loyal Einherjar - Pudding-Head (Hinckley) and Agnar Skull-Smasher (Adam) - lay dying the Halls of the Slain, secure in the knowledge that Valhalla was now safe.

IMG_2977_zpstptny9ff.jpg

Epilogue

The smoke settled over Valhalla and a new day dawned.

IMG_2983_zpsjgktjki6.jpg

The fallen heroes of Valhalla lay silent.

IMG_2986_zpsu2tiswpp.jpg

Into the hall came the wandering Harald, who had been missing from the battle.

IMG_2998_zpsxd8pubid.jpg

Harald was followed by Pernilla the Pig

IMG_3000_zps7vzgcfzv.jpg

Accompanying Pernilla was a great boar she had befriended. Strong and proud, it was a descendant of the magical boar Saehrimnir.

IMG_3001_zpsa9whpd47.jpg

Determined to save his new companions, Harald set about his task. He picked up an armless Agnar and sat her up by one of the tables.

IMG_3003_zpsnmsuiwrj.jpg

Harald took a piece of the boar and fed it to Agnar.

IMG_3004_zpstjxosdmg.jpg

Lo and behold, Agnar was rejuvenated! She awakened and looked in awe at healed arm.

IMG_3005_zpsc7c8smye.jpg

Pernilla meanwhile returned to her master with a chunk of boar meat.

IMG_3006_zpswdjxegfy.jpg

At last, Harald turned to Kára.

IMG_3011_zpsst7cmfc5.jpg

Having consumed the boar, Kára too woke up. Harald breathed a sigh of relief, happy to have finally made amends with the einherjar he had once betrayed,

IMG_3013_zpso2ivh69j.jpg

The newly healed warriors of Valhalla picked themselves up and looked around their home. Ragnarök had subsided at last. It was now time to rebuild.

IMG_3015_zpstnzwfafe.jpg

Winners: The Loyal Einherjar!

Roles / Night Actions

Night%20Actions_zpsvhpgw0st.png

Writeboards

Dead Writeboard: http://123.writeboar...uxmgnw869t4dfa9

Password: thehorror

Oh thank megablocking God. So, if Petrus saved us from the Fire–Giants, can he win with us? :cry_happy: Pwease?

And why would Pandora want to lynch me if she would've been left with the bomb and then everyone would be dead and nobody won?

And why didn't the Scum kill?

Where is Pernilla?

What the megabluck happened in this game?

Thanks for hosting! It was ludicrously entertaining and beautifully shot and written. Amazing. Even better that we freaking won.

Where's the dead writeboard?

I have more theories about what could've happened. :look:

Good tension in the conclusion. My heart was so fully stopped, it actually left and sat in the corner, waiting for me to read. I've never been so happy to see gray text in my life.

This isn't a dream day, is it? And then you'll lock this and put up the real conclusion? Because I would not only ban you, I'd fly to New Zealand, which I've always wanted to see, and actually murder you.

Danny, give me the link!!! :cry_happy: Pleeeeaaaaase!!!

IMG_2890_zpsdiwl0ixf.jpg

My very own Dagobah moment! :wub:

IMG_2927_zpsfxsau0ll.jpg

This is so pretty.

I want to print and frame the ones of Me and Adam and Pandora fighting the Giants.

Now I understand that all of the games have all of us dying. Because that's Ouroborous. :wink:

By the way, thanks for hosting TPRU! You were an amazing host with amazing photos! :wub: I really enjoyed this game, the deadboard was amazing though :laugh:

For you Hoink (sorry it's stuck in my head now :grin: )

The name is surprisingly appropriate considering autocorrect came up with it. The emoticon is genius. If it had a little more blush, it'd be even more so, but I may need to add that to our emoticon directory.

Wonderful game!!! Wonderful photography!!! Wonderful story!!! Mafia is alive and well in EB land. I'm so happy the dead followed along and thank you tpru for hosting. This will certainly go down as one of the greatest mafias I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. Congrats to Adam and Hinckley as well!

We lynched our own vig. Hey Brickelodeon! Tell someone when you have an important Action and you're being lynched? What the megabluck???

Why did the Scum lose their kill?

This will certainly go down as one of the greatest mafias

megablocking seriously. I lost sleep over it and dreamt about it. It started on July megablocking fifth. Have I ever sworn so much during a game? I usually try not to abuse my ability to bypass the swear filter but megabluck...

I'm still disappointed it took us (scum) so long to be able to recruit... :cry_sad:

But congrats Hoink and Adam on winning!

Pandora did great to be able to have lasted this long!

Holy crap, Hinck and Adam, you guys did it! Props to TPRU, this Mafia is definitely going to be remembered for quite the long time.

Brickelodeon said… (10 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

Did I blow it (again)?

Get back on the horse, but yes. Totally blew it. Totally. :tongue:

We didn't but we couldn't use it because we decided to take the recruit action and everytime we tried to recruit, we encountered a person with a power role.

Until Petr recruited Toki.

Jluck-jarl said… (14 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

They’ve talked to Hickley way too much. It should have been clear from the beginning he was trying to play them. They’ve given up way to info. I agree they shoulda just kept them on ice, possibly pressed Hickley to give up power roles and then used night actions to verify if possible.

For the rest of you I’ll explain what happened. Hickley, Adam, and Duvors all claimed traitor. Adam and Duvors claims were possible, Hickleys didn’t seem to be. I created 3 separate writeboards for them, one for each. My scum teammates could communicate anonymously with them until they determined who they felt was the traitor. The plan seems solid, but one scum teammate is talking to Hickley way too much, basically telling him how many scum are left.

:laugh:

Jluck said… (14 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

And now the scum have revealed to hickley that the blocker told them his day 1 target, basically narrowing down the possible scum choices to 2-3. This after knowing for a fact that hickley isn’t the traitor!!! A true comedy of errors…

I didn't take anything to be that meaning, so...no harm done...with that in particular anyway.

We didn't but we couldn't use it because we decided to take the recruit action and everytime we tried to recruit, we encountered a person with a power role.

Until Petr recruited Toki.

:rofl: Love it.

megabluck you, Pie! You megablocks. :tongue:

Just had to say it. :blush:

Dick.

megablocking seriously. I lost sleep over it and dreamt about it. It started on July megablocking fifth. Have I ever sworn so much during a game? I usually try not to abuse my ability to bypass the swear filter but megabluck...

I knew I forgot to include something in the conclusion. Agnar was supposed to finally say "megabluck!" :laugh:

I'll add it in once I've got more sleep.

TheRealDD said… (14 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

You’ll just have to learn #1: Everyone talks to Hinckley #2: Hinkley lies. He’s been playing here for a very long time, nobody can explain why they talk to him, it just happens. ;-)

:laugh: I know. Isn't this the megablocking truth? To be honest, though. This time I only got claims because I was tracking people. Oh, and then because I was investigated and because Chromeknight didn't want to be lynched on Day Two. And Adam and Tarr and Lady K were just nice enough to tell me what they did. Even though Lady K's Action was ducked. Have I mentioned?

I knew I forgot to include something in the conclusion. Agnar was supposed to finally say "megabluck!" :laugh:

You can edit it in.

Jluck said… (17 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

Ah yes, they tried to convert hickley, basically going for it all. That didn’t work meaning hickley is not vanilla. They also redirected chromeknight I think.

HiNckley, for megabluck's sake.

Misty mencot said… (18 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

Yes thats right, in my character info it said, “Mist can´t remember them and have to search and reunit.”

How many scum where there on the scum team? Lazychicken you were part of the scumteam then? Some people thought that you were a traitor.

:wacko: Well, I guess that's not really a surprise...

dd said… (20 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

i really don’t see how posting as me on a writeboard was clever. sure if hinck is the sk it probably tricked him, but I was already bound to be killed by the sk when i didn’t vote anyway. I find it insulting that anyone would even beleive i’d be that stupid to post with my own name somewhere that was suppose to be anonymous.

Sorry! :blush: There was a WIFOM in it that needed to be tested.

Just like TLC said. When I died, it was just Dave left and he chose to keep the recruit action instead of the kill. He kept recruiting PRs until he converted TK but got tracked doing it!

I didn't take anything to be that meaning, so...no harm done...with that in particular anyway

About the writeboards, I was the one blabbing stuff (Dave was Princess Consuela and I was everyone else) - I tried to confuse you as much as possible, but accidentally revealed the number of scum left. However, the bit at the end, when I said how your comments got our kill blocked, was purely meant to frame Mencot. We tried so hard to set him up as Scum and he actually was :tongue:

I'll add it in once I've got more sleep.

What happened to Harald? And did Petrus die in the end as well ?? Great photography and suspense :thumbup: :thumbup:

Scum Writeboard, password is "evil"

Our writeboard with Hinck, password is "traitor"

Our writeboard with Adam, password is "adam"

For obvious reasons, I can't post the Duvors writeboard because I deleted it to frame him :blush:

Sorry! :blush: There was a WIFOM in it that needed to be tested.

Nope, it's me who should be sorry for posting it in the first place :blush:

I can't tell if you're quoting the deadboard Hinck, but here's a link:

http://123.writeboard.com/r809ii59buxmgnw869t4dfa9

Password is "the horror". I wanted to wait for TPRU to post it, but since you asked... and seem to be quoting it already. :grin:

The name is surprisingly appropriate considering autocorrect came up with it.

:look: yup... it was definitely autocorrect. I definitely didn't lie about that. :look:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I can't tell if you're quoting the deadboard Hinck, but here's a link:

http://123.writeboar...uxmgnw869t4dfa9

Password is "the horror". I wanted to wait for TPRU to post it, but since you asked... and seem to be quoting it already. :grin:

TPRU posted it in the first post of this page, quite a while ago.

TPRU posted it in the first post of this page, quite a while ago.

Sure... an hour counts as a while ago with a thread this hoppin' :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Dreams Long for L... said… (30 Jul 15, looking at version 1)

Love that veiled apology/explanation from Hink!
:wub:

:blush: Remember I first asked you to investigate Pandora? :laugh:

:blush: Remember I first asked you to investigate Pandora? :laugh:

True, but after I explained my reasoning for thinking of investigating Lady K, you proceeded to explain why you thought it'd be wierd if Pandora was scum for her to buss one of them so early. I didn't realize you were trying to figure out if she was the SK! :laugh:

Also you quoted one of my favorite names that got cut off. Last word should be "Lambs" :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

DeLL PC said… (03 Aug 15, looking at version 1)

Could your convert have been blocked? That’d be ironic…
:look::laugh:

TPRU: A lot of my posts in Bob’s last game were drunk posts.
:laugh:

Yeah Hink just nailed it on the head! I hope he gets it right!
:grin:
Then lynch the SK shortly thereafter…

I wish there was a way to quote on the writeboard. I've seen this sentiment a couple of times but as I pump out about 90 theories a second, I have no idea to tell which times I was right. :blush:

Also you quoted one of my favorite names that got cut off. Last word should be "Lambs" :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

If you weren't really the investigator, I couldn't tell you she was the vig... :laugh:

:wacko:

mostly said… (05 Aug 15, looking at version 1)

Yup, I think we almost need to deliberately have a game (or 3) where hinck is SK or scum, just to break this dependence on him. His metagame is massively impacting mafia here now… he’s just automatic town leader and it
usually
works out. And surely he’s gotta get tired of the pressure…

Interesting. :classic:

Jluck said… (06 Aug 15, looking at version 1)

^theres been light discussion of an anonymous game. It’d be massive undertaking for the host but it’d pull people away from meta gaming.

I've done it twice now. It's awesome.

mostly said… (07 Aug 15, looking at version 1)

why is hinck so disbelieving about LadyK’s role? shapeshifter doesn’t seem that crazy to me… we’ve had similar before (stealing abilities while alive, due to pills in pillcart games, etc).

The target had to not only be a PR but also killed. :wacko: That's why. What a mess.

I wish there was a way to quote on the writeboard. I've seen this sentiment a couple of times but as I pump out about 90 theories a second, I have no idea to tell which times I was right. :blush:

The drunk comment? :laugh:

Wish I could help you, but other than doing some serious detective work regarding timestamps, I can't recall quite what I was referencing. Maybe in the future I'll say "Day x, page x" or something. For posterities sake. :laugh:

If you weren't really the investigator, I couldn't tell you she was the vig... :laugh:

Fair enough... but you did turn me off to the idea of investing her by saying that. Might have been more efficient if you told me you thought she was scum instead of "I don't really think she's scum, but..." :laugh: I couldn't pick up on your subtlety! :laugh:

:wacko:

Like counting sheep? It's supposed to be poetic. Also I was exhausted.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sign in to follow this