Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Day Eight

Day Eight: A Fellow Ship of Viking

Lauga (Lady K) was up late, staring into the shimmering waters of of the river.

1_zpszddq3ejs.jpg

She heard footsteps behind her. An axe-wielding figure had caught up to her, and now moved in for the kill.

2_zpsw5gexkk0.jpg

"You call that an axe?" Lauga asked, then raised her own weapon, "THIS is an axe!"

3_zpsihcycssu.jpg

Lauga swung at the figure, but they were too quick. Lauga's axe came crashing through the ship's railing.

4_zps00c5j4d6.jpg

Seeing their opportunity, the shadowy figure lunged forward and caught Lauga with their axe.

5_zpsibfpt95a.jpg

Lauga had been slain. She was a Loyal einherjar.

6_zpsbszbnspf.jpg

Morning came, and the longship kept sailing along the riverbank. The crew now found themselves exploring unknown lands.

7_zpswsydm7eb.jpg

Kára now helmed the boat. She was joined by Harald, the stranger she had come across the day before. The crew now looked out over the river, where they saw another ship on the horizon.

8_zps4caautej.jpg

The boat drifted closer and closer, but no one could make out any crew.

9_zpsrfefdpxe.jpg

Soon, it became clear that the small vessel had long since been abandoned.

10_zpsfqtjeaps.jpg

As they passed, the crew noticed the dead sailor still hanging from the boat.

11_zpsvvlegsll.jpg

"That's coming from where we're going," Harald said.

12_zps4jtviihr.jpg

Non-Playable Characters

IMG_1976_zpsvbvdyz9e.png Kára

IMG_1979_zpsf2fb8va7.jpg Harald

IMG_1980_zpsoatw8uto.jpg Ragnar

Characters (7)

IMG_1946_zpsx2dcvaj8.png Canute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

IMG_1949_zpsw4ro0e01.png Pudding-Head (Hinckley)

IMG_1966_zpsysaqwjio.png Cranebeinn the Redder (Chromeknight)

IMG_1961_zpsgxcqurdi.png Petrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

IMG_1952_zpsm4eiknse.png Petr Half-Troll (Piratedave)

IMG_1939_zpsjjhouj1a.png Toki (TrumpetKing)

IMG_1948_zpsq5i1jvvy.png Agnar Skull-Smasher (Adam)

The Dead

1_zpszhk3sxez.jpg Brand (Brickelodeon) - Loyal - voted out, Day One

2_zpsj6otvry9.jpg Patrekr the Red (Palathadric) - Loyal - murdered, Night One

3_zpsl8ymhll8.jpg Lambi (TheLazyChicken) - Corrupted - murdered, Night One

4_zpsvlm95tgu.jpg Jarl Name-Loser (jluck) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Two

5_zpsztemwwwn.jpg Dagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon) - Loyal - murdered, Night Two

6_zpspd491alc.jpg Mist (Mencot) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Three

7_zpsox8bp617.jpg Tarben the Wise (Tamamono) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

8_zps80phlabk.jpg Munud the Strange (mostlytechnic) - Loyal - murdered, Night Three

9_zps16qdnyml.jpg Lodmund the Dwarf (Lord Duvors) - Loyal - voted out, Day Four

10_zpsqhskz0xe.jpg Kaupmad (KingoftheZempk) - Loyal - murdered, Night Four

11_zpsg2yqprdy.jpg Dar (Dragonfire) - Corrupted - voted out, Day Five

12_zpslad2d9u5.jpg Danr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs) - Loyal - murdered, Night Four

13_zpssdlqebw8.jpg Ragnvald the Troll (Ranger of the Forest) - Loyal - voted out, Day Six

14_zpsumjdezle.jpg Tarr Egg-Chaser (Tariq j) - Loyal - voted out, Day Seven

15_zpss8tilyqs.jpg Jafri (Jackjonespaw) - Loyal - murdered, Day Seven

16_zpsu9ciqevs.jpg Lauga (Lady K) - Loyal - murdered, Night Seven

Reserves

mediumsnowman

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal or the Corrupted. To win the game, the Loyal must kill all enemy factions, while the Corrupted must outnumber all enemy factions. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

2b. You may give your proxy vote to a player in the following format: Proxy: Character (Player). Doing so will gift your vote to the player of your choice, effectively giving them an extra vote. You may retract your proxy in the following format: Unproxy: Character (Player).

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

5b. Similarly, you may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent by another player via PM. Please paraphrase instead.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a vote penalty (1 for every 4 players alive) on the first two occasions and a mod-kill on the third.

10. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill or a replacement.

11. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

Lauga had the most contrived role I've ever heard of. :hmpf:

And she didn't remember who she had targeted. :wacko:

Why the hell are the Scum not killing?? :look:

What is happening? *huh*

We are in the very unique situation of having every remaining player having been targeted by the tracker.

Hell, I've PMed every remaining player about the Night's results, I may as well just put it out on the table, shouldn't I? :look:

Someone who previously claimed vanilla was seen targeting someone. Now to find who is lying, this person or the tracker. The tracker hasn't given us reason not to trust him/her yet. :look:

Unfortunate that Tarr was town.

Why are the last scum the trickiest to find? :wacko: It does look like Pudding-Head is onto something though, so let's hope we have a good day.

According to the tracker Petr did something to you. Now Petr told me early on that he was vanilla and told me profusely how he trusted me. Unfortunately, he's in Iceland and has no access to...his mouth...so we can't ask him about it. But if he trusted me so much to proxy his vote why didn't he tell me he had an Action? And what did he do to you? Unless the tracker is lying, but the tracker is the reason we found most of the PRs. Somehow he targeted three in a row on the first three days. If he or any of the PRs are Scum, they'd have to be members of a second team :wacko:

If Petr is Scum, what the hell would he be doing to you that has no visible effect? *huh*

I kind of can't wait for this...ordeal...to be over so we can learn what the Megablok is happening around here!

If Petr is Scum, what the hell would he be doing to you that has no visible effect? *huh*

Maybe he was recruited, and couldn't inherit a killing action, so all he has is block or role cop or something else? I don't know, this is getting weird. Maybe he had the option to inherit the kill or some other role, and he chose the latter?

You said yesterday that most people were "vaguely verified" except Jafri and Petr. Well, Jafri got cleaved and flipped town, so even if Petr hadn't been tracked doing anything, he seems like the ideal person to take to lunch.

According to the tracker Petr did something to you. Now Petr told me early on that he was vanilla and told me profusely how he trusted me.

If Petr has claimed vanilla and has been seen doing something at night, that is incredibly scummy.

Surely most night actions don't have a visible effect? Only being blocked or killed (or pranked) would have any sort of visible effect, and we've seen no pranks, and clearly Toki is still alive.

Maybe he was recruited, and couldn't inherit a killing action, so all he has is block or role cop or something else? I don't know, this is getting weird. Maybe he had the option to inherit the kill or some other role, and he chose the latter?

It would be crazy for scum to not choose to keep their killing action, and surely the scum kill is a factional kill that can't be lost anyway?

If Petr claimed vanilla but was tracked doing something last night then he has a lot of explaining to do, though it doesn't seem clear that he'll actually be here to do that explaining. :sceptic:

I think we can safely assume Petr was trying to convert or recall or whatever Toki. Maybe the reason Toki seemed so Scummy is because he is the traitor. :look: So maybe there was only one Scum left and now there are two. :def_shrug:

Surely most night actions don't have a visible effect?

Not when the Scum are dwindling. I'd expect him to have an Action that has an effect. And you expect the same:

It would be crazy for scum to not choose to keep their killing action, and surely the scum kill is a factional kill that can't be lost anyway?

Unless they need to forego their kill in order to recall and that's why we haven't seen a Scum kill. I mean, it's pretty crazy that we haven't seen a Scum kill for three days now.

Someone who previously claimed vanilla was seen targeting someone. Now to find who is lying, this person or the tracker. The tracker hasn't given us reason not to trust him/her yet. :look:

Hasn't he?

Unfortunate that Tarr was town.

Why are the last scum the trickiest to find? :wacko: It does look like Pudding-Head is onto something though, so let's hope we have a good day.

It's looked like Pudding-Head's been onto something for a long time now. We thought he was onto something with Dagstyrr, and Kaupmad, and Tarr, and Jafri, and Lauga.

For being a tracker, he hasn't done anything but uncover every townie PR.

For uncovering the investigator and the only other townie confirmed by him, they sure did die pretty quickly. Only after 'confirming' him, of course.

For all his theorizing about traitors and conversions lately, he hasn't really considered the possibility that the last scum could simply not be killing...

For being the supposed leader of the town block he sure has done a good job of trying to turn it against itself while claiming that a tracked player, who incidentally will not be very active for the rest of this day, apparently claimed vanilla four days ago without informing anyone.

For having the tracker, blocker, protector, investigator, and a vig at one point, he sure has done a good job of making sure only townies have died since then.

I think Pudding-Head's been leading us in circles - he's done it many times before. He's been letting his allies die, sort of: Lambi was screwed from the start and Jarl dug his own grave - but made sure Mist got seen killing so give himself some credibility. After claiming to have both the tracker and blocker known at the end of Day Two, it only made sense he'd been investigated...so he had himself framed, likely by Darr. Or perhaps he's the Godfather....in either case, whether or not the investigator finding Darr was by Pudding's hand or not, the investigator was later killed, by the hand of our own vig, none the less. "Well, how the hell did that happen?"

Pudding-Head claims the vig was being rash. He sent me a paraphrased conversation between the two of them, arguing over the hows and whys of it, apparently looking for my approval in being suspicious of the vig? That's a lot of effort to go through to say "I'm suspicious of this person", especially considering that I brought up the idea of lynching the 'vig' earlier today and he seemed COMPLETELY resistant to the idea, despite the fact that he seemed open to it in earlier days, back when he could easily blow off the argument with another target. He's been ranting about this occurrence since it happened, but when I swing the idea of acting on it, he goes to any lengths to put it off until the next day.

(As a bit of an aside, the town block has been thinking our so-called vig has actually been the SK for a long time. Including Pudding-Head. The 'vig' can't be scum, he killed Lambi, but SK would justify an initial unwillingness to work with the town block, and more importantly, would explain a lot of the 'missteps', as Pudding-Head calls them, if the vig IS the SK and has been working with him and trying to win with the scum. Pudding-Head called Patrekr's death by scum 'strange' and 'suspicious', and has also swung the possibility of a scum day rolecop, well what if Patrekr was our vig? It would explain why there's been at most two kills during the night for the entire game...but we'll see.)

Which is a entirely hollow argument, because he seems to think today is the last day, that we lynch this one last person, he's the last scum, yay we win.

What do I think is going to happen?

I think Pudding-Head is going to whip out the scum kill. He is the tracker...and when he initially told me he knew the tracker, he started with 'it's a very scummy claim to make'. And it is. It totally is. He's not lying about the role, he's successfully tracked many targets, but being the last scum, the kill ALSO falls to him.

But why shake up the boat? Why bother killing when he has the vig and the entire lynching bandwagon under his thumb? So he's been tracking people, and coming up with nothing....AFTER he managed to find all the townie PRs, of course. He's been playing the long game, slowly chiseling away at the town while keeping the scum's kill safely under his belt for when it was needed most. That's why there haven't been any kills. That's why he's always going on wondering about conversions and the traitor in the town block. That's why he managed to convinced us that killing Lauga was a good idea - she was the ideal explanation for all this no-killer nonsense, having claimed (supposedly...no idea if anyone can verify this) a role very similar to what scum had in a past game.

But she was town too, wasn't she?

If continue to let Pudding-Head pull the wool over our eyes, this WILL be the last day.

I know who I'm voting for.

I know who I'm voting for.

I thought you were Scum when you were insisting that we lynch the vig over Petr today, but now you are either Scum or completely off your rocker. This is the most passionate I've seen you about anything all game.

So, tell me, did I fake the whole anonymous writeboard?

Outing a PR isn't too big of a risk at this point, I guess since there's only Scum and PRs remaining.

If you guys really need to, you'll only be losing the tracker, so go ahead and lynch me. When I turn up Town, kill Petr first unless the vig can take him out tonight and then lynch Canute. This unprecedented turn of trust is confounding.

I will, of course, vote for Petr since I know he targeted Toki last night since that is my Action and my result.

And yes, I was investigated as Town by our investigator.

If Canute does succeed in lynching me, don't let him lynch the vig too. :hmpf: We can't let this epic fail of a Scum team come back and win.

That's a lot of effort to go through to say "I'm suspicious of this person",

The point was so someone would know in case I ended up dead. Not just to say I was suspicious.

I thought you were Scum when you were insisting that we lynch the vig over Petr today, but now you are either Scum or completely off your rocker. This is the most passionate I've seen you about anything all game.

So, tell me, did I fake the whole anonymous writeboard?

Weird, you PMed me in private trying to instill distrust in Cranebeinn earlier today, not me.

With the scum team that was alive at the time, yeah. We agreed there had to be some kind of brain behind the scum team, someone who pulled the stunt that got Dagstyyr killed, someone who's been setting up all these nonsensical writeboards.

It took a while to really occur to me, but the entire traitor was an ENORMOUS red herring. We haven't gotten ANYWHERE with it. A lot of townies tried to jerk the scum around by claiming to be the traitor in the writeboard. Hell, Lodmund got lynched for messing around the whole ordeal.

In fact, now that I think about it, that's literally all it's gotten us. We didn't get any information with that, no matter how much you claimed we could find some in those writeboards. Dagstyyr got killed, Lodmund got killed, it's been distracting us for the entire game.

Who first brought up the idea of a traitor again?

Oh yeah, it was freaking Pudding-Head. :laugh:

Outing a PR isn't too big of a risk at this point, I guess since there's only Scum and PRs remaining.

If you guys really need to, you'll only be losing the tracker, so go ahead and lynch me. When I turn up Town, kill Petr first unless the vig can take him out tonight and then lynch Canute. This unprecedented turn of trust is confounding.

Kill, kill, kill. You're in quite a rush considering we haven't appeared to be threatened by the scum at ANY point during the last three days, although the town is rapidly running out people thanks to you.

You may now vote. With 7 players remaining, 4 votes are required to lynch. 48 hours remain in the day.

Weird, you PMed me in private trying to instill distrust in Cranebeinn earlier today, not me.

After he PMed me that we shouldn't trust you.

With the scum team that was alive at the time, yeah. We agreed there had to be some kind of brain behind the scum team, someone who pulled the stunt that got Dagstyyr killed, someone who's been setting up all these nonsensical writeboards.

And where else have we seen that "brain"? I'm pretty insulted that you would think I wouldn't be able to better advise a Scum team.

It took a while to really occur to me, but the entire traitor was an ENORMOUS red herring. We haven't gotten ANYWHERE with it. A lot of townies tried to jerk the scum around by claiming to be the traitor in the writeboard. Hell, Lodmund got lynched for messing around the whole ordeal.

So, why else would the Scum not be killing??? You think I'm Scum and I wouldn't use the kill Action? That seems to be what you're suggesting. That losing four other members, I would choose not to kill a Townie every night.

In fact, now that I think about it, that's literally all it's gotten us. We didn't get any information with that, no matter how much you claimed we could find some in those writeboards. Dagstyyr got killed, Lodmund got killed, it's been distracting us for the entire game.

When's the last time it had any bearing on anything?

Who first brought up the idea of a traitor again?

I did. You think I would ask Brand if Tammo was the traitor if I was Scum looking for a traitor? :hmpf:

Kill, kill, kill. You're in quite a rush considering we haven't appeared to be threatened by the scum at ANY point during the last three days, although the town is rapidly running out people thanks to you.

I didn't want to kill anyone the night Danr was killed and I also suggested we not kill last night in case Lauga, who I thought was Scum, shapeshifted the bomb and would take out the vig? Are you listening to yourself? If you're Town, you're not thinking things through. You are not representing my actual Actions behind the scenes.

I think Canute is more of a paranoid moron right now than Scum.

Vote: Petr Half–Troll (PirateDave84) because he targeted Toki (Trumpetking) according to my Town tracker Night Action result.

If you all opt to lynch me, I will be heart-broken as it will only be the second time I've been lynched as Town (the first time I was supposed to be acting Scummy :hmpf:) and I really love Pudding–Head. But at least my Townie corpse will show that what I've said is true so be sure and take out Petr. Then probably Toki since Scum targeted him...I'm assuming anyway. And then look carefully at Canute.

But I have trusted Canute almost more than anyone this whole game. My results say Petr. Petr told me he was vanilla. Therefore, he's lying. I hope you believe me. If not, may my lynched corpse tell the truth for me.

If continue to let Pudding-Head pull the wool over our eyes, this WILL be the last day.

You can't honestly think with seven people left, that one Scum left would mean the game would end tonight. How?

Please, can anyone besides Canute stop in and take a look at this? :facepalm: I'm so freakin' tired.

Canute, tell me, if I were Scum, why would the vig, blocker and protector still be alive. And we'd have more if I had been more trusting and hadn't tried too hard to keep everyone's identity protected.

The vig, the blocker can back me up on this. I have not pushed to kill anyone. Even after learning Lauga's crazy role, which you agreed was a Scum claim, I wasn't the one who wanted her killed. I suggested tracking her and not letting the vig target her. And didn't I unvote Tarr? I thought we might be able to switch to Lauga.

You were the one who insisted on blocking the vig the night we wanted to kill Toki. Now you want to lynch the vig rather than Petr who was caught targeting Toki.

Is it you who can win with one more mislynch? Are you, Toki and Petr all Scum??

Would there be seven freaking Scum in a game of 23 people? :look: I saw you target someone and that person did not die but I have no way of knowing what else may have happened to them and they don't seem to know of any other possibility than the explanation you gave. You were very quick to tell me when I told asked you what you did to him. :sceptic: Hmmmmmm...

And where else have we seen that "brain"? I'm pretty insulted that you would think I wouldn't be able to better advise a Scum team.

Mist had to be a sacrifice. You had to secure your credibility as leader of the town block. Darr may have been too, but I'm not sure about that. You didn't have the chance to prevent Lambi's death, and Jarl dug his own grave.

So, why else would the Scum not be killing??? You think I'm Scum and I wouldn't use the kill Action? That seems to be what you're suggesting. That losing four other members, I would choose not to kill a Townie every night.

That's exactly what I'm suggesting. We've been panicking over what the scum could possibly have been doing, lulling us into a false sense of 'security' while, with your direction, we've been the ones killing the townies. You've been worrying about traitors and conversions, but we haven't come up with ANY scum since our block really solidified and the kills stopped. We've been looking in the wrong direction, and now that you're running out of tracking targets, you're outright falsifying them, without risk, because we're about at the end here anyway. Why risk killing when you've had the town block at your beck and call? There's been no need for you to be killing because you have the trust of everyone and the block has been doing a great job of slaughtering the town on its own... :facepalm:

When's the last time it had any bearing on anything?

When's the last time it had any bearing?? Just today you were wondering if they didn't have their kill back "because they had to find the traitor first". That is obviously not true because there was a scumkill after we nailed their original killer, Mist.

I did. You think I would ask Brand if Tammo was the traitor if I was Scum looking for a traitor? :hmpf:

Of course not. You weren't looking for a traitor. I don't think there ever was a traitor. I think you took advantage of Brand's flailing and planted the idea of a traitor, and it's been a constant distraction. Discussion about a traitor has comprised like half of the discussion across the entire game.

I didn't want to kill anyone the night Danr was killed and I also suggested we not kill last night in case Lauga, who I thought was Scum, shapeshifted the bomb and would take out the vig? Are you listening to yourself? If you're Town, you're not thinking things through. You are not representing my actual Actions behind the scenes.

I just checked the PM. You said you suggested that the vig stay home or kill Tarr, Ragnvald, or Petr. Two of those people were town, and I'd bet the third one is too. Not that that's particularly relevant, I think you're scum in addition to thinking our 'vig' is the SK.

Yeah, purely for the safety of our 'vig'. You were completely disappointed that Tarr didn't take out Lauga instead of Jafri...who would've been a ripe target for you to feed us later.

Oh my God, my post is so long. I'm trying to figure this out and now I'm typing my thought process. Canute has seemed almost flippant when putting together Night Actions and now he is trying to put all of the blame on me for losing so many Townies. And suddenly he has something to contribute! Maybe he has contribute more by PM. I need to look over everything he has said now.

OK, I'm keeping my vote on Petr, because I have a result on him. I doubt there are three Scum left, but there are maybe two. It's Petr and one other person.

It would suck to do so well at the beginning and end up losing this. I am seriously wishing our vig had understood not to target anyone we hadn't discussed! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Mist had to be a sacrifice. You had to secure your credibility as leader of the town block. Darr may have been too, but I'm not sure about that. You didn't have the chance to prevent Lambi's death, and Jarl dug his own grave.

I told the investigator to target Dar! I knew he was the more likely of Lodmund and Dar to be Scum. And I called Lambi out on the first day for saying Scummy things. Also, I brought out the blocker result on Mist although Cranebeinn was perfectly capable of doing so, I did kind of jump the gun. And yes, when I switched my vote from Toki to Jarl, I pretty much asked people to vote for him to avoid a no–lynch.

Oh, I'm so Scummy! *oh2*

You can't honestly think with seven people left, that one Scum left would mean the game would end tonight. How?

We lynch Petr now, you whip out your night-kill along with the vig, me and Cranebeinn are dead, game over.

Canute, tell me, if I were Scum, why would the vig, blocker and protector still be alive. And we'd have more if I had been more trusting and hadn't tried too hard to keep everyone's identity protected.

Because look at we've been doing since you've brought us together. We've been leading lynches, we've been killing townies, and we've been completely oblivious to you because you have the trust of all of the PRs. Things would've gone PERFECTLY for you if we hadn't wised up, and you haven't had to lift a finger in killing anybody.

You were the one who insisted on blocking the vig the night we wanted to kill Toki. Now you want to lynch the vig rather than Petr who was caught targeting Toki.

megablocks. I brought up the possibility, yes, after you flipped out because the vig killed our investigator. So the vig was blocked. And then for some reason your suspicions completely vanished, the vig became part of the town block, and our discussions about lynching the 'vig' evaporated.

You CLAIM to have caught Petr targetting Toki. I had my doubts and you confirmed them when you became completely unwilling to even consider doing anything other than lynching him.

When's the last time it had any bearing?? Just today you were wondering if they didn't have their kill back "because they had to find the traitor first". That is obviously not true because there was a scumkill after we nailed their original killer, Mist.

They lost one more member since then, though. Weren't you the one who suggested that Petr was the traitor and therefore didn't have a kill? Someone in the town block said that. What makes you think Mist was the killer??? They could've tried to convert the night Mist was blocked as well. We have no conclusive evidence that Mist actually was the killer. Unless you know somehow? Canute?

We lynch Petr now, you whip out your night-kill along with the vig, me and Cranebeinn are dead, game over.

Why would the vig be on my side if I were Scum? Why wouldn't Cranebeinn block me if you were both worried?

with your direction,

So every Townie death has been my fault? You all decided to kill Lauga. I wanted to keep her alive and track her. You all wanted to lynch Tarr. I was uncertain and thought we should go for Petr or Jafri. Wasn't this also discussed? Another thing I need to check. What you actually said about the plan to have Tarr take out Jafri of Petr if he was Town and we would take out the other at night. You went right along with my fear about Lauga's role so don't pretend that was my fault she was killed. Did I want to kill Ragnvald? Maybe you should check how that conversation went. I wanted to lynch Toki. Did I want to kill Danr? megabluck NO, I DID NOT!

you're outright falsifying them,

I told you in private, I'll say it here too. I'm not a spineless sniveling wimp of a player. I wouldn't try to blame an absent player to get an easy lynch, so you can honestly bite me on this one.

Why risk killing when you've had the town block at your beck and call?

Oh, have I really? You won't tell me what you're doing until the next day. Our vig kills the investigator then gets pissed off at me for being pissed off about that. Our town block is disjointed and stubborn. Nobody is at my beck and call. I've even tried to keep it a little looser and was really gently about keeping everyone separate, not trying to press into getting a big PM going until we hit a hitch. Oh yes, I've got you all wrapped around my little finger. That's sarcasm.

There's been no need for you to be killing because you have the trust of everyone and the block has been doing a great job of slaughtering the town on its own... :facepalm:

But nobody is going to track me, so wouldn't I just kill at will? And are you suggesting that I was the Godfather and tracker when I was investigated?

Of course not. You weren't looking for a traitor. I don't think there ever was a traitor. I think you took advantage of Brand's flailing and planted the idea of a traitor, and it's been a constant distraction. Discussion about a traitor has comprised like half of the discussion across the entire game.

You have an opinion on something??? How would we ever know? Did you tell us of your idea that there has never been a traitor when we were discussing it endlessly? Where did you make this known?

I just checked the PM. You said you suggested that the vig stay home or kill Tarr, Ragnvald, or Petr. Two of those people were town, and I'd bet the third one is too. Not that that's particularly relevant, I think you're scum in addition to thinking our 'vig' is the SK.

Well, welcome to the game. Did you just get here? Forgive me if I find your third act reversal a little suspicious. There is no evidence of a Serial Killer. Why would you want to lynch our vig...or even a Serial Killer...when we have the last Scum in our crosshairs. Petr targeted Toki, yet he told me he was vanilla. :ugh: It is what happened.

Yeah, purely for the safety of our 'vig'. You were completely disappointed that Tarr didn't take out Lauga instead of Jafri...who would've been a ripe target for you to feed us later.

Right, because as I said yesterday, Petr's response in private was more concerning than Jafri's and as you fully agreed, Lauga's role was crazy Scummy sounding! She had to guess who had an Action and that person had to also be killed that night for her to do anything. :wacko: I love...Kara and that guy in the cave...Joe...Viking...or whoever but that is just ducked. F-U-C-K-E-D. That is a ducked role. ducked, ducked, ducked. I really really wanted Tarr's target to be Lauga rather than Jafri. I still wish that's what would've happened.

That role is ducked.

Things would've gone PERFECTLY for you if we hadn't wised up,

Who's we? You're the only one talking nonsense so far. And again, if I were Scum, I would've been killing people. Because nobody would've caught me. And I would've known that. I would've won by now. :grin: Really.

And Lauga's role is ducked.

megablocks. I brought up the possibility, yes, after you flipped out because the vig killed our investigator. So the vig was blocked. And then for some reason your suspicions completely vanished, the vig became part of the town block, and our discussions about lynching the 'vig' evaporated.

Because the vig killed the investigator. Yeah, I flipped the megabluck out! He killed the investigator. I tried so hard to make sure that nobody's actions interfered and I had a simple conversation about targets with him and we never mentioned Danr. Ever. Ever. We even mentioned staying home might be the best option, so I thought he'd stay the megabluck home before killing Danr. But for some reason, chop chop! Danr's dead. Our investigator is dead. Only Town PR we lost, to our vig. Because he didn't follow the simple idea to only target people we discussed so as not to kill anyone whose identity I didn't fell comfortable giving. Yes, the vig may still be the SK. It's possible, but three of us know who that person is and they wouldn't get away with it. Didn't you even say that? Or was it Cranebeinn? It is still possible, either way, that the vig is the SK but Petr is Scum. He lied. He targeted Toki.

You CLAIM to have caught Petr targetting Toki. I had my doubts and you confirmed them when you became completely unwilling to even consider doing anything other than lynching him.

I CLAIM it because I DID it. I caught Petr targeting Toki. And I am totally unwilling to consider lynching the vig over Petr, who I have a solid result on. Why is it solid? Because I received it from the Gods. Directly from their mouths. I have the benefit of knowing it's absolutely true. I have no idea what is going on. I have no clue why we haven't seen a kill for three days. I have no idea why you smell like poo, Canute. But I know Petr told me he was vanilla and I saw him target Toki so I think that's a much better lynch candidate than a vig that might be a SK that used their own judegement and was completely oblivious to how I was keeping everyone separate...because those synapses just weren't firing...and killed our investigator. And I would make that choice every time.

FWIW:

Petr: Hey, can I ask a favor? If I can proxy, will you vote for me? I'm so busy and I hardly have a connection and I trust your judgement.

Me: Wait, what? Want to tell me who you were thinking of voting for? I'm going to unvote Cranebeinn.

Petr: Whoever you vote for. I trust you.

Me: Thanks, have fun in ... Idaho or wherever the hell you're going.

Petr: I'm back! This Jarl thing is crazy! I've never heard of such a thing. I PMed him to ask if it was a gambit to lure Scum but he hasn't responded. Shucks.

Me: He tried some WIFOM and then didn't announce who had contacted him, so I doubt it. But maybe he PMed the contacts to someone?

Petr: I can't wait to see how this concludes!

Petr: Wow, exciting! Do you think Mist is confused or confusing? I agree with you that she is the best bet for a lynch though.

Me: I'm not convinced but we have to test the blocker result. Mist did pull an OMGUS and that's Scummy.

Petr: If not Mist, then who? I don't like Munud or Ragnvald, blah blah blah reasons. I would lynch Munud if we don't lynch Mist.

Me: :thumbup:

Petr: Hey can you doctor a PM's timestamp? Lodmund sent me his PMs, but they're all right on top of eachother

Me: Godzilla says "Can you doctor a PM's timestamp" on October 26th, 2041

Petr: Is that hard to do? All of the answers between Jarl and Lodmund are 2–3 minutes apart. How fast were the responses on your writeboard?

Me: Jarl was online for a while toward the end of the day. It took a long time to get any responses on my writeboard but when I did they seemed to all be there at once.

Petr: Blah blah, Dar–Lodmund link, I like your comments. I think we're making a good lynch.

Me: What are your thoughts on everyone who is left?

Petr: Dar and Petrus are my top two suspects. You are obviously Town. Agnar and Canute are playing like Petrus which makes me suspicious of them too. Toki, Tarr and Ragnvald have been quiet. One of them is probably Scum. I think Cranebeinn and Jafri are Town.

Me: Why Jafri?

Petr: Gut instincts. It's hard for us Townies who are out of the loop. When I am Town and don't have a PR, which is the case in this game*, I wait for someone to tell me what to do.

Petr: Tell me my math is right about how many people have been cleared. I hate being out of the loop! When I'm forced to draw conclusions, things don't go well for me.

Me: When did you get converted?

Petr: Never! I am on vacation. I shouldn't have played. This is terrible!

Me: Tracker says you targeted Toki, so what's up?

*bold added for emphasis

That's who your championing, Canute. :thumbup:

Me:

OK, I'm keeping my vote on Petr, because I have a result on him. I doubt there are three Scum left, but there are maybe two. It's Petr and one other person.

Now that I've thrown a wrench in your works you're willing to delay your win by a day, nice. :laugh: Cool, so here's the justification for killing off tonight's unlucky townie, you can all reference this when Petr gets filed away with Kaupmad, Tarr, Jafri, Lauga....

I told the investigator to target Dar! I knew he was the more likely of Lodmund and Dar to be Scum. And I called Lambi out on the first day for saying Scummy things. Also, I brought out the blocker result on Mist although Cranebeinn was perfectly capable of doing so, I did kind of jump the gun. And yes, when I switched my vote from Toki to Jarl, I pretty much asked people to vote for him to avoid a no–lynch.

Oh, I'm so Scummy! *oh2*

And then once you became the UNDISPUTED leader of the town, only then did our streak of scum-catching end.

You being scum explains a lot, including the total lack of a scum kill recently. Why risk exposing yourself? Sit back and tell the town to destroy itself now that you've claimed credit for 'wiping out' the scum.

They lost one more member since then, though. Weren't you the one who suggested that Petr was the traitor and therefore didn't have a kill? Someone in the town block said that. What makes you think Mist was the killer??? They could've tried to convert the night Mist was blocked as well. We have no conclusive evidence that Mist actually was the killer. Unless you know somehow? Canute?

So it was SHEER LUCK is what you're saying? :laugh: We blocked Mist, and there just HAPPENED to be no kill that night, and she just HAPPENED to come up scum anyway??

So every Townie death has been my fault? You all decided to kill Lauga. I wanted to keep her alive and track her. You all wanted to lynch Tarr. I was uncertain and thought we should go for Petr or Jafri. Wasn't this also discussed? Another thing I need to check. What you actually said about the plan to have Tarr take out Jafri of Petr if he was Town and we would take out the other at night. You went right along with my fear about Lauga's role so don't pretend that was my fault she was killed. Did I want to kill Ragnvald? Maybe you should check how that conversation went. I wanted to lynch Toki. Did I want to kill Danr? megabluck NO, I DID NOT!

Of course we went along with everything, you were the leader of the freaking town block. I'm not saying you ordered us to do this and do that, but it's been blatantly obvious that you're the leader of the block, you've known all the identities, you've been coordinating all the actions, so of course we're going to go along with your advice on everything.

It's your facade that's been killing the town. I've been wondering for days now if there even are any scum left, and NOTHING anyone has said or done has assuaged those concerns, but here you are, still feeding us leads, "Lauga claimed a weird role", "Dagstyrr seems to be in the writeboard", and it doesn't matter how much of a role any individual part of the block has had in any of these specific instances, because they all end with "townie dead, let's look at the next guy, I bet he's scum because X."

Why would the vig be on my side if I were Scum? Why wouldn't Cranebeinn block me if you were both worried?

We came to this conclusion only recently, and because what the hell would blocking you have accomplished?

I told you in private, I'll say it here too. I'm not a spineless sniveling wimp of a player. I wouldn't try to blame an absent player to get an easy lynch, so you can honestly bite me on this one.

Okay, so maybe I was a bit harsh in saying it was 'convenient'. I don't think you chose to zero in on Petr because he's absent, you chose to zero in on Petr because he's the only person you haven't tracked. So if you didn't come up with a positive result, it would've obviously raised serious questions in the town block. So you made up a result to buy yourself time. A result that somehow still ends without a scum kill taking place.

Bottom line, I still think you're totally making up the result.

So I'm curious and will humor you now, what do you think Petr's doing, if he has in fact targeted Toki? It's not a conversion, he would've done that three days ago. :laugh: It's not a traitor recall, there's zero indication Toki attempted to contact the scum when they asked for traitors TWICE, and again, they would've done it a long freaking time ago.

So if you claim Petr targeted Toki, give us some kind of indication of why he's doing anything but killing, what he could be doing, and why he'd be doing it to Toki would you? Or does your reasoning amount to be "He didn't tell me had a role?"

Oh, have I really? You won't tell me what you're doing until the next day. Our vig kills the investigator then gets pissed off at me for being pissed off about that. Our town block is disjointed and stubborn. Nobody is at my beck and call. I've even tried to keep it a little looser and was really gently about keeping everyone separate, not trying to press into getting a big PM going until we hit a hitch. Oh yes, I've got you all wrapped around my little finger. That's sarcasm.

You're missing the crux of my argument. If you're scum, it literally does not matter who me and Crane of the block are suspicious of and discuss and target, because we're chasing something that doesn't exist.

But nobody is going to track me, so wouldn't I just kill at will? And are you suggesting that I was the Godfather and tracker when I was investigated?

Possibly. Maybe you were framed, there wouldn't've been a better time for it, you were investigated right after you claimed to know the blocker, vig, and tracker. As far as killing at will, well, for one, you wouldn't have to be falsying your results all the time, and for two, there was always the off-chance Crane blocked you or I protected your target or somesuch. Why bother taking the risk if we're doing such a good job killing eachother on our own?

You have an opinion on something??? How would we ever know? Did you tell us of your idea that there has never been a traitor when we were discussing it endlessly? Where did you make this known?

I've been saying for days now I think the vig is the SK. Neither of you seemed responsive to that idea. Also, whenever something happens and you feverishly rant about possible explanations, I tend not to read too much into them. :tongue: What was it you said after today went up? "Are Adam, TK, and Dave all scum and they've been switching around the kills on the days I was protected??" What in the world am I supposed to say? I couldn't come up with any logical explanation as to a lack of a kill (at least until Lauga 'claimed' to you) and after she turned up townie we were still at a complete loss. You being scum would explain all of that. Who else would've been able to build the town block around them and then choose not to kill? :laugh:

Well, welcome to the game. Did you just get here? Forgive me if I find your third act reversal a little suspicious. There is no evidence of a Serial Killer. Why would you want to lynch our vig...or even a Serial Killer...when we have the last Scum in our crosshairs. Petr targeted Toki, yet he told me he was vanilla. :ugh:It is what happened.

Repeating it doesn't make it true.

Also, we've all entertained at least the idea that our vig could be the SK at some point or another. You even kept the vig out of the block PM for some time.

I thought we had the last scum in our crosshairs for like the last two days.

Right, because as I said yesterday, Petr's response in private was more concerning than Jafri's and as you fully agreed, Lauga's role was crazy Scummy sounding! She had to guess who had an Action and that person had to also be killed that night for her to do anything. :wacko: I love...Kara and that guy in the cave...Joe...Viking...or whoever but that is just ducked. F-U-C-K-E-D. That is a ducked role. ducked, ducked, ducked. I really really wanted Tarr's target to be Lauga rather than Jafri. I still wish that's what would've happened.

I did agree, and if she did actually claim, then I agree, it was a ridiculous role. More important to you, if Jafri had lived, that would've given you another easy target to track for no reason.

Who's we? You're the only one talking nonsense so far. And again, if I were Scum, I would've been killing people. Because nobody would've caught me. And I would've known that. I would've won by now. :grin: Really.

Cranebeinn and I shared our concerns with eachother, and then like hours after today started you told each of us the other was looking suspicious. :laugh: Planting the seeds for tearing the town block apart when the rest of the vanillas died.

There is no explanation for the lack of a scum kill. They're the scum. Their sole purpose is to KILL THE TOWN, not find a traitor or convert however many townies, their goal is to KILL THE TOWN, and if we've tracked EVERYONE and there haven't been ANY scum kills, it's because somebody is sitting back and letting us kill eachother, and guess who has the best seat in the house to watch? I'll give you a hint: he's got a head full of pudding, and he humps pigs. :look:

FWIW:

So he claimed vanilla. You're still making up the tracker result.

That's who your championing, Canute. :thumbup:

Actually, most of it concerns you. Attention whore. :tongue:

You're beginning to seem a bit too obtuse for a Townie.

You being scum explains a lot, including the total lack of a scum kill recently. Why risk exposing yourself? Sit back and tell the town to destroy itself now that you've claimed credit for 'wiping out' the scum.

And how would I have been exposed if I knew who everyone was targeting? Where's the risk, exactly? This makes no sense. I would kill people.

So it was SHEER LUCK is what you're saying? :laugh: We blocked Mist, and there just HAPPENED to be no kill that night, and she just HAPPENED to come up scum anyway??

It would not be the first time. Someone was also protected that night. We've also seen three other nights without a kill. The Scum mentioned that I got their kill blocked on that writeboard. There are definitely other options. You've been around long enough to know that. Weren't you Polina in Baritones 3? It happened to def in that game.

Of course we went along with everything,

We all discussed and took turns convincing each other. The other two will hopefully vouch that I've done my share of changing my mind. You haven't gone along with shit. We've never advised you on your Action. I did once, but there was no confirmation before Night Actions were due and nobody pressed you. It's pretty convenient to refuse to discuss who you were targeting...in case you were tracked, maybe?

you were the leader of the freaking town block. I'm not saying you ordered us to do this and do that, but it's been blatantly obvious that you're the leader of the block, you've known all the identities, you've been coordinating all the actions, so of course we're going to go along with your advice on everything.

This is what a bad person would try to get those outside of the Town block to believe. Those in the Town block should know this was not the case. I mean, the vig killed the investigator, for megabluck's sake.

By the way, Lauga's role...ducked.

It's your facade that's been killing the town.

Like aluminum siding or concrete masonry unit?

I've been wondering for days now if there even are any scum left, and NOTHING anyone has said or done has assuaged those concerns, but here you are, still feeding us leads, "Lauga claimed a weird role", "Dagstyrr seems to be in the writeboard", and it doesn't matter how much of a role any individual part of the block has had in any of these specific instances, because they all end with "townie dead, let's look at the next guy, I bet he's scum because X."

Awww, Poow Canute. :cry_sad: Nobody has assuwaged his conewns. Poow Poow Canute. Your quote there describes how Mafia games are played. Sorry that I forgot how you were the hero who tried to spare Dagstyrr and Lauga with all of your freaking wisdom. I was originally tracking Dagstyrr and the vig can confirm that we decided to target him after discussing it. And he didn't just seem to be in the writeboard, his name was in the writeboard. I purposely left that part of the story out, and in fact, I said that the Scum were stupid and did nothing clever. at all. with the anonymous writeboard opportunity. I was waiting for someone to slip up or bristle about it. You seem to want to talk about it. Was it your idea to put "DD says" in the trashed comments? That was pretty smart. It must be really hard to be the bright shining beacon of brain cells in a dead pool. You're itching for everyone to know how you got Dagstyrr killed? Huh? Does poow Canute want some cwedit with his assuwagement? :cry_happy: Doos hims?

We came to this conclusion only recently, and because what the hell would blocking you have accomplished?

Since I can "whip out my kill" whenever I want, why wouldn't you block me? If I'm just making shit up, what makes you think I'm not already the killer? Doot de doot. Everyone's dead so I'll just sit here and wait...until I can get Petr killed...because...that's...when...killing should start again? :wacko: Your reasoning is ducked. Not as ducked as Lauga's role but pretty ducked.

Okay, so maybe I was a bit harsh in saying it was 'convenient'. I don't think you chose to zero in on Petr because he's absent, you chose to zero in on Petr because he's the only person you haven't tracked. So if you didn't come up with a positive result, it would've obviously raised serious questions in the town block. So you made up a result to buy yourself time. A result that somehow still ends without a scum kill taking place.

We chose to track Petr and now you have the result. He targeted Toki. Have I mentioned that? How would this buy me time? Was I in danger of being lynched today? I don't think I was. As a matter of fact, wouldn't Petr be the natural choice for lynch today? Oh no, that's right. You wanted to lynch the vig. :hmpf:

Bottom line, I still think you're totally making up the result.

Bottom line, I'm still not making up the result and I'm starting to get worried that you're Scum and one mislynch away from winning. Miraculously. After the ten dumb stooges of Scum preceded you.

So I'm curious and will humor you now, what do you think Petr's doing, if he has in fact targeted Toki? It's not a conversion, he would've done that three days ago. :laugh: It's not a traitor recall, there's zero indication Toki attempted to contact the scum when they asked for traitors TWICE, and again, they would've done it a long freaking time ago.

I've already said, I don't know! You think there were four Scum to begin with? He has to be doing something and Toki isn't dead. He freaking lied. He is Scum. Period. If Toki was the traitor and contacted them and knew whatever it is he needed to know to be the real traitor or whatever do you think they would indicate that to us? Do you think the real traitor would've told Agnar and Lodmund and me about contacting them. Do you think you the Scum gave us the actual number of people who contacted them? Maybe Petr is protecting Toki? We did broadcast that we thought he was Scum. Petr even asked why he wasn't dead! Scum have had a protector in the past. In many games. I do not know what he's up to because I am not Scum. I only know that he did, in fact, target Toki and now you are turning against me despite trusting me the whole game, only after trying to convince me and Cranebeinn to lynch the vig.

So if you claim Petr targeted Toki, give us some kind of indication of why he's doing anything but killing, what he could be doing, and why he'd be doing it to Toki would you? Or does your reasoning amount to be "He didn't tell me had a role?"

My reasoning amounts to...wait for it...he targeted Toki. My role doesn't tell me what he did. It just tells me he targeted him. So what do you think he was doing that is so Townie of him? What Townie role is he using on Toki? And don't tell me I'm making it up. It happened. So humor me for that second, Mr. Too–Obtuse–To–Be–Town. If, objectively, as a Townie should be, I'm telling the truth, what Townie thing was he doing for Toki?

You're missing the crux of my argument. If you're scum, it literally does not matter who me and Crane of the block are suspicious of and discuss and target, because we're chasing something that doesn't exist.

So am I Scum or not? Doesn't exist? If I'm not Scum, why would I have you chase nothing. What is happening? I never even knew exactly what people were doing before NA deadline. We discussed options so we wouldn't need to suspect each other. We discussed the best options and the blocker and vig chose their own targets...obviously. And you said you never wanted to discuss who you would be protecting.

Possibly. Maybe you were framed, there wouldn't've been a better time for it, you were investigated right after you claimed to know the blocker, vig, and tracker. As far as killing at will, well, for one, you wouldn't have to be falsying your results all the time, and for two, there was always the off-chance Crane blocked you or I protected your target or somesuch. Why bother taking the risk if we're doing such a good job killing eachother on our own?

You've protected me for half of the game. :wacko: Are you suggesting I tried to kill me?

And I refuse to take the blame for Townie deaths. I've been pretty thoughtful about lynches and night kills. You have seemed pretty flippant about it to me.

I've been saying for days now I think the vig is the SK. Neither of you seemed responsive to that idea.

You must be blind. I've said it from the beginning. I've said it every time I post about the vig in the day threads. When I breath, the words "vig (or possibly SK)" follow every exhale out of habit. I was more than responsive, I brought the entire situation to you, in case he was the SK and killed me. Then, we all decided to block him! :wall: How is that not responsive? We blocked him. Because we thought he might be the SK. :wacko: You're...not making sense anymore...you're not even representing reality anymore.

Who else would've been able to build the town block around them and then choose not to kill? :laugh:

You.

Also, we've all entertained at least the idea that our vig could be the SK at some point or another. You even kept the vig out of the block PM for some time.

So, did I block the vig out of our PM or did I not respond to your idea that he might be the SK? Which is it?

I thought we had the last scum in our crosshairs for like the last two days.

Oh, that's so rough. I hope you can afford the medical bills for your PTSD. :wacko: Fruitcake. I thought the same thing, because I am Scum hunting, not Scum.

I did agree, and if she did actually claim, then I agree, it was a ridiculous role. More important to you, if Jafri had lived, that would've given you another easy target to track for no reason.

The reason to track Jafri would be to clear him or discover he is Scum. Are you suggesting I would track someone without an action, say they targeted someone and expect to survive the rest of the game? How do you think I would accomplish this? After running through my own team so hastily of course.

Cranebeinn and I shared our concerns with eachother, and then like hours after today started you told each of us the other was looking suspicious. :laugh: Planting the seeds for tearing the town block apart when the rest of the vanillas died.

He came to me when you suggested we lynch the vig, only moments before I was planning to contact him to find out what he thought of your weird insistence that the vig be lynched before Petr. I wish Cranebeinn were here right now. I really do.

I've been talking a lot behind the mast.

What worries me though is how few others have posted here. And there's some who've not responded on the quiet either.