Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Ragnarök Now 3: Day One

Day One: Breaking the Ice

It was night, and all of the warriors of the Last Meadhall gathered to celebrate the return of the Kára the Valkyrie. Many were in high spirits in light of the promising news Kára brought with her.

1_zpsukrp0ud1.jpg

"Is it true you have seen Valhalla in your wanderings?!" asked Herburt Marred-Eye, the long-time lord of the hall

2_zps0ft76vvw.jpg

"I have!" replied Kára, "the dragon burned it to ash, but the foundation remains! I have seen a vision from Odin! It was his intention to reclaim his seat of power! With Valhalla restored, the Nine Worlds shall be reborn anew, and mankind shall survive!"

3_zps74dqj7p3.jpg

"I couldn't hear any of that!" said Herburt Marred-Eye amidst the drunken revelry of his guests. Springing to his feet and raising his arms above his head, he bellowed, "GET OUT! ALL OF YOU!"

5_zpsgmfxkd89.jpg

The warriors skulked off, leaving Herburt and Kára to discuss matters in peace.

6_zpsmvuhqdqo.jpg

"I hate these people," Herburt sighed, "they eat my food, they drink my mead, they disturb my home. I want them to leave as soon as they are able."

IMG_2001_zpsdvytvogk.jpg

"We will leave," Kára assured him, "to survive, we have to keep moving. Sooner or later, our supplies here will run dry. But it is impossible to last long out there. I already lost my last expedition to the winter."

"The ice is beginning to melt," Herburt replied, "the rivers are thawing. And then..."

8_zpsujkdklin.jpg

"... And then," Ranka the Unplayable continued, "we will provide them with a ship. A mighty longboat."

IMG_2025_zpsppbvl8kw.jpg

"Aye," agreed Lifthrasir Exposition-Spouter, "With any luck, once the ice breaks the boat will be able to sail straight to Valhalla. But these days any voyage is treacherous. We would need a skilled captain to man her..."

IMG_1996_zpsyph2bfuv.jpg

Kára stood up. "I shall carry out this task," she said, "I will lead us all into a new world. Odin has chosen me!"

IMG_2007_zps5ic5viuj.jpg

"Very well. My people shall stay here however. This was my father's home, and his father's before him. Outside, chaos reigns. But this piece of earth, we keep. Forever."

"Fine," said Kára. She had heard the impassioned ramblings of Herburt enough times to bother arguing.

"We have only one problem," Herburt noted, "the boat you will sail on was built for twenty-two men. We have twenty-three. Before you set sail, you will need to vote off one crewman."

7_zpspqmcabmm.jpg

"Vote them off... with extreme prejudice..." said Mederic One-Day-Away-From-Retirement.

IMG_1994_zpsoqnowdnt.jpg

"Really? The boat's too full? That's the excuse we're going with to start playing mafia?" said Kára.

"What's a mafia?" asked Herburt.

IMG_2023_zpspnsd9wjc.jpg

Characters (23)

IMG_1946_zpsx2dcvaj8.pngCanute Grey-Bush (CallMePie)

IMG_1949_zpsw4ro0e01.pngPudding-Head (Hinckley)

IMG_1941_zpsiisrybfw.pngPatrekr the Red (Palathadric)

IMG_1966_zpsysaqwjio.pngCranebeinn the Redder (Chromeknight)

IMG_1961_zpsgxcqurdi.pngPetrus Fire-Starter (Pandora)

IMG_1957_zpsgm3xvmof.pngDanr the Dragon-Slayer (Dannylonglegs)

IMG_1953_zpsah59vkto.pngDagstyrr the Fool (Darkdragon)

IMG_1952_zpsm4eiknse.pngPetr Half-Troll (Piratedave)

IMG_1959_zpswe3m5i2r.pngMist (Mencot)

IMG_1939_zpsjjhouj1a.pngToki (TrumpetKing)

IMG_1954_zps0dpzzjm2.pngKaupmad (KingoftheZempk)

IMG_1947_zpsn9ovqetf.pngLauga (Lady K)

IMG_1950_zps7zehz9fg.pngLambi (TheLazyChicken)

IMG_1965_zps9ses2d9f.pngTarr Egg-Chaser (Tariq j)

IMG_1967_zpspftt8w9m.pngMunud the Strange (mostlytechnic)

IMG_1948_zpsq5i1jvvy.pngAgnar Skull-Smasher (Adam)

IMG_1963_zpsyi4miq7q.pngDar (Dragonfire)

IMG_1973_zpslciuuoub.pngTarben the Wise (Tamamono)

IMG_1971_zpspzrb6lm9.pngBrand (Brickelodeon)

IMG_1955_zpsfpekc7k0.pngJarl Name-Loser (jluck)

IMG_1944_zpsztlzsnri.pngJafri (Jackjonespaw)

IMG_1943_zpsskx4fsri.pngRagnvald the Troll (Ranger of the Forest)

IMG_1958_zpspujyp8zc.pngLodmund the Dwarf (Lord Duvors)

Reserves

mediumsnowman

Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal or the Corrupted. To win the game, the Loyal must kill off all of the Corrupted, while the Corrupted must outnumber the Loyal. Neutral characters will have their victory conditions outlined in their role.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

5b. Similarly, you may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent by another player via PM. Please paraphrase instead.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a vote penalty (1 for every 4 players alive) on the first two occasions and a mod-kill on the third.

10. You must post in every day thread. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill or a replacement.

11. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

First?

Ok! Well, if we need to vote off one of us, it should be the largest, or least useful in a fight. I for one, have fought and slain a mighty dragon, so I think that rules me out. :look:

I say it should be the troll, or the giant. They're so big that the boat will sink if we take both!

Ok! Well, if we need to vote off one of us, it should be the largest, or least useful in a fight. I for one, have fought and slain a mighty dragon, so I think that rules me out. :look:

I believe we are all the same size.

I don't believe you are actually naive enough to think we should be focusing on all fitting into a longboat. I think we are meant to focus on the extreme prejudice part. Starting a conversation about who would fit into the boat is just weird. :hmpf_bad: Watching you, Danr.

This whole ordeal is no surprise. Since our beliefs are based in the ideas of Pantheism and Animism, the whole process of life and death is a repeating cycle. Therefore the death of Ymir and the creation of the Earth always begins again and Ragnarok will come again. It is inevitable, it is our debt, it is our destiny. Ask and Embla will always rise. The worlds end repeatedly but Yggdrassil never dies. And we can drink a ton of mead in the mean time!

I say it should be the troll, or the giant. They're so big that the boat will sink if we take both!

You are also duly noted for actually trying to discuss which of us would fit in the boat. This is not the way to make this decision and you and Danr should both know better.

I don't believe you are actually naive enough to think we should be focusing on all fitting into a longboat. I think we are meant to focus on the extreme prejudice part. Starting a conversation about who would fit into the boat is just weird. :hmpf_bad: Watching you, Danr.

This whole ordeal is no surprise. Since our beliefs are based in the ideas of Pantheism and Animism, the whole process of life and death is a repeating cycle. Therefore the death of Ymir and the creation of the Earth always begins again and Ragnarok will come again. It is inevitable, it is our debt, it is our destiny. Ask and Embla will always rise. The worlds end repeatedly but Yggdrassil never dies. And we can drink a ton of mead in the mean time!

I may not be niave, but I do want to live... I mean... slay more dragons! Live to slay more dragons! Those who are too big might capsize the ship before we get to Valhalla to slay the dragons and loki-worshipers who destroyed it!

You'd best be watching me, for with my incredible bravery in the face of peril, I will surely do something badass and worthy of a new mead-hall tale! Unfortunately up until now, all of my feats of strength and Valor have occurred while no one else was watching... :look:

Wow... that was deep... I was noticing a bit of Deja Vu. Hopefully I don't die on the first day like last time. :laugh:

I think we are meant to focus on the extreme prejudice part. Starting a conversation about who would fit into the boat is just weird. :hmpf_bad:

No room for fun or laughter in the mead hall, I see. I approve. There is only time for serious discussions and skull-smashings, should skull-smashings need to take place.

You're rather quick to antagonize, Pudding-Head. I shall watch you from behind this leg of mutton.

Wow... that was deep... I was noticing a bit of Deja Vu. Hopefully I don't die on the first day like last time. :laugh:

Last time? I shall have to consult the tomes and examine the circumstances of this "last time" to which you are referring. Hopefully these tomes have pictures. I like pictures - pictures of skull-smashings, mostly, but horseys are nice too.

No room for fun or laughter in the mead hall, I see. I approve. There is only time for serious discussions and skull-smashings, should skull-smashings need to take place.

You're rather quick to antagonize, Pudding-Head. I shall watch you from behind this leg of mutton.

And I shall watch you, the one sitting behind a leg of mutton. Wouldn't you rather eat it? It's likely to go bad. Shame to waste such a fresh leg of mutton. Weirdo.

Are you going to watch everyone...? :look: I might begin to get creeped out by this.

I'll be watching you too, Larry Larch.

Last time? I shall have to consult the tomes and examine the circumstances of this "last time" to which you are referring. Hopefully these tomes have pictures. I like pictures - pictures of skull-smashings, mostly, but horseys are nice too.

Oh definitely don't go back through the tomes. I was much more niave back then, and the forum universe crashed and I had this big dramatic dying speach that's forever lost now, and Odin it was a mess. For me. :blush:

Pudding-Head, you seem to be watching more people now than you have eyes! :laugh:

Watching is how we see people. Doesn't everyone watch everyone? My pigs are always watching me.

Pudding-Head, you seem to be watching more people now than you have eyes! :laugh:

I have my eyes and my pig's eyes.

Watching is how we see people. Doesn't everyone watch everyone? My pigs are always watching me.

Huh, never actually noticed that, in that case I'll be watching everyone too.

And I shall watch you, the one sitting behind a leg of mutton. Wouldn't you rather eat it? It's likely to go bad. Shame to waste such a fresh leg of mutton. Weirdo.

Mutton is a thing to be savored, Pudding-Head. You would do well to remember that. I often spend several minutes just rotating the mutton in my hand beneath my nose, taking in the scent.

Are you going to watch everyone...? :look: I might begin to get creeped out by this.

I would not blame him for watching you, pretty thing that you are. :blush:

Oh definitely don't go back through the tomes. I was much more niave back then, and the forum universe crashed and I had this big dramatic dying speach that's forever lost now, and Odin it was a mess. For me. :blush:

Don't tell me what I can't do, Danr! If I chose to peruse the tomes, then I'll peruse the damn tomes.

I have my eyes and my pig's eyes.

Oh. That does make sense. I've heard about that for ravens, but never for pig's though...

Oh. That does make sense. I've heard about that for ravens, but never for pig's though...

Well, now you know Pudding–Head.

With all the eyes we have watching people, it's nice to know that we can drink mead and sing songs without worrying about anyone trying to stab anyone else in the back at night...though I wouldn't trust those pigs.

Don't tell me what I can't do, Danr! If I chose to peruse the tomes, then I'll peruse the damn tomes.

Ha! Go ahead, but there be dragons and hard to attypical formats! :laugh:

Huh, never actually noticed that, in that case I'll be watching everyone too.

Please, you have eyes only for me.

Since our beliefs are based in the ideas of Pantheism and Animism, the whole process of life and death is a repeating cycle.

Apparently, there's a new thing called Animalism that's "trending" these days. Whatever that means!

If we must embark on one last adventure, I can't think of any group I'd like to be with. The years have been kind to me, but I fear they are winding down. Let's waste no time, I would love to see the old lands one last time.

If we must embark on one last adventure, I can't think of any group I'd like to be with. The years have been kind to me, but I fear they are winding down. Let's waste no time, I would love to see the old lands one last time.

Wise words. A true Nord's last thoughts should be of home.

Have you learned nothing?! Trolls do not take kindly to folks insulting their honor :angry:

I too am eager to find a new home. And I am also eager to drink! Another round, if you please :thumbup:

It already seems like this selection process shall be a difficult one. I say we get rid of the fellow trying to stir up prejudice :hmpf_bad:

*cough*Lodmund*cough*

:grin:

I jest, but it’s food for thought. We need to be careful with our vote. And things like size or race cannot be used to make that decision. When the time to vote comes, we need to focus on people’s behavior. Although the day’s only just begun, so granted we don’t have a lot to go on yet.

Leave the watching to Heimdall. I'm watching you, and only you, Pudding-head. The amount of suspicious-ness you throw on others directly reflects the amount of guilt you have inside. I think you are compensating for something...

Leave the watching to Heimdall. I'm watching you, and only you, Pudding-head. The amount of suspicious-ness you throw on others directly reflects the amount of guilt you have inside. I think you are compensating for something...

Please, let's hear more.

I'd watch Pudding Head too, but my eyes don't work anymore. :sad: