Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia: Day Three

mainstreetmafia.png

Main Street Mafia Day Three: Mostly Silent Night

IMG_3253.jpg.png

It's the early morning, and Pamela Cooper (Tamamono) is walking around in town after performing her devious action.

"Muhahaha." she says. "I gave myself the action of megablocking with peoples hair, and the host allowed it!"

It was too good to pass up.

"Well, you'll have to see what happened tomorrow morning then. I can't wait to do it again!"

IMG_3254.jpg.png

"I have some bad news for you." the figure said.

"Aw, come on. Can you make me bulletproof at the last second to save my action? How about the paranoid gun owner?"

*BANG*

IMG_3255.jpg.png

But with all her pleading, she was gunned down in cold blood.

"Someone...continue my life's work..." she says with her last breath.

IMG_3256.jpg.png

The next day, the town stands around Pamela, with poor Al crying over her body. Eugene stood sporting a cool new hairdo, which was Pamela's last action before her death.

"I have good news and bad news." The Mayor started. "The good news is that Irene Allen (mostlytechnic) was indeed scum! Her real name was Irene Milano! Good work, town! However, Pamela Cooper (Tamamono) was a loyal townie. Keep working, I feel we're making good progress!"

A loud voice booms from the sky:

You must now post every twenty four hours! Additionally, there is no restriction on when you can vote. The day will still last 72 hours, you can just now vote whenever you wish.

~~~

Players (12):

sarahharris.jpg.png

Sarah Harris, owner of the Grand Emporium -- Jackjonespaw

chrisharris.jpg.png

Christopher Harris, Sarah's Husband -- Dragonfire

wandabarnes.jpg.png

Wanda Barnes, Brian's Wife -- Piratedave84

ericfoster.jpg.png

Eric Foster, Co-owner of Chez Albert -- Palathadric

annfoster.jpg.png

Ann Foster, Co-owner of Chez Albert -- StickFig

eugenebryant.jpg.png

Eugene Bryant, Chef at Chez Albert -- Dannylonglegs

louismurphy.jpg.png

Louis Murphy, Owner of the Pet Shop -- Jamesn

lindacook.jpg.png

Linda Cook, Owner of the Palace Cinema -- TrumpetKing

alcooper.jpg.png

Al Cooper, Owner of Al's Barber Shop -- TinyPiesRUs

acebrickman.jpg.png

Ace Brickman, Private Detective -- Kintobar

russellprice.jpg.png

Russell Price, Dockworker -- Sandy

gregmchenry.jpg.png

Gregory McHenry, Res-Q Seaman -- Lady K

Gone, but not forgotten:

brianbarnes.jpg.png

Brian Barnes, owner of the Green Grocer -- Shadows (Scum)

shirleycarter.jpg.png

Shirley Carter, Brickman's Secretary and Lover -- def (Townie)

carlhill.jpg.png

Carl Hill, Waiter at Chez Albert -- KingoftheZempk (Townie)

kathymurphy.jpg.png

Katherine Murphy, Louis' Wife -- jluck (Townie)

ireneallen.jpg.png

Irene Allen, Firefighter -- Mostlytechnic (Scum)

pamelacooper.jpg.png

Pamela Cooper, Al's Wife -- Tamamono (Townie)

Rules:

1) Every player has received their own character. You are either aligned as a Townie or Scum. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have received their own conditions.

2) Every day you will be able to vote for a player. Voting should be done as so: Vote: Character (Player). Unvoting is to be done in the same fashion: Unvote: Character (Player). A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must vote every day, or you'll receive some sort of devious punishment.

3) A game day will last 72 hours, but if a unanimous vote is acheived after the 48 hour mark and the day thread goes quiet, the day may end early to my discretion. You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours, but it usually won't and I'm just saying that so nobody faults me if I'm late. You may not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

4) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6) You are encouraged to role-play in this game. I've provided a role for you to expand upon if you wish. With that being said, please try not to post out of character in the game thread. You may PM other players, but do so at your own risk.

7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances.

8) Don't edit your posts.

9) You must post in every day thread. You must also post every twenty four hours.

10) Try to be nice to your fellow players. It's a game on a LEGO forum.

11) Violation of your first rule will result in a 5-vote penalty and your second violation will result in your death!

12) If any player asks you to break these rules or does break these rules in private, report them to me immediately with proof of their violation.

NOOOOOOOOO! MY HAIRCUTTER! Oh Pamela! The fates are cruel! I didn't even get to give you the sausage last night. :sad_cry:

I need to greave (and charge my phone) I'll be back in a few hours.

Sadness we lost another townie, but lynched a scum! Now we just have to repeat it again today.

Alright, so seems that Al's cop was right. Today's probably going to be either with Greg or Russell lynched. Anyone have any new ideas during the night?

Alright, so seems that Al's cop was right. Today's probably going to be either with Greg or Russell lynched. Anyone have any new ideas during the night?

It was based on a tracker/watcher result, not a cop result; still it means we can trust the result and therefore we can pretty confidently say that Al is town.

One kill means at least one killer was blocked or a target was protected. It would be interesting for the blocker, if we still have one, to contact Al and tell him whom they blocked.

It was based on a tracker/watcher result, not a cop result; still it means we can trust the result and therefore we can pretty confidently say that Al is town.

One kill means at least one killer was blocked or a target was protected. It would be interesting for the blocker, if we still have one, to contact Al and tell him whom they blocked.

Was it watcher? My bad, thought a cop was mentioned somewhere in there.

So, either the blocker blocked the scum or the vig. Or SK, I suppose. How did we get from 3 kills to one kill? Multiple blockers? Or someone was protected and got lucky, then. Maybe the scum were out for Al, but he got protected. There's way too many variables in that.

Oh no, not my poor wife! Her life, just like all the hair she megablocked with, has been brutally cut short. :cry_sad:

I'm glad we were right about Irene though. The vigilante was never actually in contact with me, so it would have been pretty embarrassing if Irene was actually telling the truth (which to be fair was highly unlikely). However, I can assure you all that I am definitely in contact with the doctor, cop and watcher, all of that is true.

If the real vig is actually still around, I urge you to get in contact with me. The more we coordinate, the less likely we are to make any mistakes.

How do we feel about the other two Sarah bandwagoners now? Some have suggested only one of them would be scum, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second Milano in that group.

Oh no, not my poor wife! Her life, just like all the hair she megablocked with, has been brutally cut short. :cry_sad:

I'm glad we were right about Irene though. The vigilante was never actually in contact with me, so it would have been pretty embarrassing if Irene was actually telling the truth (which to be fair was highly unlikely). However, I can assure you all that I am definitely in contact with the doctor, cop and watcher, all of that is true.

If the real vig is actually still around, I urge you to get in contact with me. The more we coordinate, the less likely we are to make any mistakes.

How do we feel about the other two Sarah bandwagoners now? Some have suggested only one of them would be scum, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a second Milano in that group.

My hair looks nice. :look::cry_sad:

So, my thoughts on the matter are as follows: Yes. There is a possibility that there were other scum on that Lynch... but, that said, I'm much less suspicious of them than I was before. The scum look for ways to manipulate, but they also need to focus on making themselves all look dissimilar. Now, maybe I haven't been scum in a while, and maybe I forget how it all works, but to me, it seems like joining the same bandwagon would be like putting your eggs all in one basket. :sceptic:

Pamela and I were talking up until literally the exact point she died last night, and she still suspected Russel. I don't know if I feel the same, but I figured I'd throw it on the table. I had hoped that at least one member of the Sarah vote would be investigated or in some other way scanned when I proposed the plan to lynch a member of the vote in the first place, but maybe that didn't happen, or maybe it did but it's not worth bringing up. Who knows.

Pamela and I agreed though that today's Lynch should go to either Ace, or Greg, both of whom have behaved scummily in similar yet different ways. Ace, from her actions and thoughts on the Shadows lynch on day one, and Greg for whatever reason tipped everybody off to him in the first place, and for oscillating on the Shadows lynch.

Also, there are a lot of unknowns for me, about whom I'm not sure how to think. They are as follows: Linda, Louis, Ann, Wanda, and Christopher. I was hoping one of them would be whittled away last night so I could better solidify my thoughts on them. If there is a 5th Scum member after Ace and Greg, in my opinion it'll be someone from this pool of people (or, if I was wrong about one or the other and the fourth Scum is still at large.) (I'm assuming either five or four original scum). Sarah and Al are basically confirmed as town for me, and Russel and Eric are not on my immediate checklist.

So, once again, I will cast my vote to the Sheepy Inspector: Vote: Ace (Kintobor)

Also, I forgot to add a little more of my thoughts on the "Unknowns." Well... two of them. Chris had those arguments with Shadows on day one and I'm still not sure how to read them. That and Linda jumped on the Russel vote in a very sheepish way.

I apologize for not voting yesterday. Real life stuff popped up out of game (Victoria Long Weekend) and I couldn't post. I will be away this weekend, considering I'm still alive.

That being said, good job town for bumping off another scumbum!

I find it curious that there was only one death tonight. Weird, considering we had three two nights ago. It makes sense though why Pamela died. She was vocal and helping the town out immensely. She called Irene out as scum, and the mafia wanted her dead.

So, once again, I will cast my vote to the Sheepy Inspector: Vote: Ace (Kintobor)

Good going cook, your voting before voting is open. Go back to the kitchen and cook something, will you? :poke:

A vote for me is a bad idea. I'm 100% vanilla town, and if a watcher or a cop wishes to look into me, feel free to. I am not scum. I need some time to look over yesterday, so give me a minute.

I apologize for not voting yesterday. Real life stuff popped up out of game (Victoria Long Weekend) and I couldn't post. I will be away this weekend, considering I'm still alive.

That being said, good job town for bumping off another scumbum!

I find it curious that there was only one death tonight. Weird, considering we had three two nights ago. It makes sense though why Pamela died. She was vocal and helping the town out immensely. She called Irene out as scum, and the mafia wanted her dead.

Good going cook, your voting before voting is open. Go back to the kitchen and cook something, will you? :poke:

A vote for me is a bad idea. I'm 100% vanilla town, and if a watcher or a cop wishes to look into me, feel free to. I am not scum. I need some time to look over yesterday, so give me a minute.

Bien sur! I shall cook up a little dish called... The new rules! :poke:

A loud voice booms from the sky:

You must now post every twenty four hours! Additionally, there is no restriction on when you can vote. The day will still last 72 hours, you can just now vote whenever you wish.

It was one night ago... :look:

Oh! well if you say you're a townie, then I totally believe you! :blush:Unvote: Ace (Kintobor) Oh... wait... He could be lying... Vote: Ace (Kintobor)

As I said before though, I am also willing to vote for Greg. If I've been barking up the wrong tree all this time, I am sorry, but I want to know for sure. Your behavior has been sheepy and off to me from the get-go, and the way you interacted with shadows on day one really convinces me that I'm right on this.

A vote for me is a bad idea. I'm 100% vanilla town, and if a watcher or a cop wishes to look into me, feel free to. I am not scum.

Sure convinced me there! :laugh:

I might as well vote now, too, nothing has change. Vote: Gregory McHenry (Lady K)

I wonder what we'll do for the next 70-odd hours? :look:

I might as well vote now, too, nothing has change. Vote: Gregory McHenry (Lady K)

I wonder what we'll do for the next 70-odd hours? :look:

Obviously we'll partake in my marvelous sausage!

I'm doing it for you, Pamela! :sing:

As I said before though, I am also willing to vote for Greg. If I've been barking up the wrong tree all this time, I am sorry, but I want to know for sure. Your behavior has been sheepy and off to me from the get-go, and the way you interacted with shadows on day one really convinces me that I'm right on this.

Al claimed watcher, and voting off a potential power role day one is idiotic. Thus, since Brian had not claimed a role, the vote went back to Brian. I agreed with Brian that Al's quietness at the time was suspicious, and took my vote off him and put it on Al, but when Al claimed watcher, I had to vote for Brian again, due to his lack of conviction on his vote for Greg, and seemingly trying to vote off a quiet and content lacking townie. I am however still suspicious of Greg. Brian's lack of a vote on him is curious in the long run, unless he was attempting to create a scenario where we'd kill Greg through potential affiliation.

I knew I would! :wink::tongue:

Obviously we'll partake in my marvelous sausage!

I'm doing it for you, Pamela! :sing:

Not sure how Pamela felt about your sausage (which might be a matter you'd want to take up with Al), but I'm happily married. So keep that sausage where it belongs, sir!

Day 3: The Day of Fluff Posts!

Brian's lack of a vote on him is curious in the long run, unless he was attempting to create a scenario where we'd kill Greg through potential affiliation.

Maybe he was trying to hide his scum pal, Greg, by just avoiding contact whatsoever.

Al claimed watcher, and voting off a potential power role day one is idiotic.

So why did you wait to unvote me until it was clear Brian was going to be lynched? You were watching on at the time I claimed tracker.

So why did you wait to unvote me until it was clear Brian was going to be lynched? You were watching on at the time I claimed tracker.

Was I? I don't remember being on at the time, but of course I may be wrong. You did bring this up back on day one, and as I was typing a response, the day ended. I was busy outside of the game day 2, which unfortunately didn't allow me to vote or explain myself.

Honestly, it was for both of your suggested reasons. You claimed a power role, and we needed a day one lynch. It would've been foolish of me to vote off a power role, and to keep my vote on a power role player after claim so would be even stupider and scummier looking. That and we needed an anchor point, and Brian's lynch was one I originally backed and the most likely to occur. I know it makes me look scummy, but that's the reason why. I'm not a scumbum, though.

Now, who to vote for? Al's out of the running as far as I'm concerned for today, and the rest just feel bandwagony as opposed to legitimate vote candidates. Time to do some actual research. I just took a look down the list of people and noted who I couldn't remember anything about (ie they're not posting much) - then looked at their post counts. A couple had a decent number of posts, but I still couldn't remember them saying anything, so time to check the thread. Turns out that one I checked had actually been pretty active in the discussion today, just not one of the most vocal. The other, well, fluff posts until things got more serious, and then just a single half-hearted post about voting and a bandwagony vote placed. Looks to me like trying to be busy at first when it's easy to say lots of nothing, and then when it started to matter, disappear rather than get caught doing anything suspicious. So I'm going to

Vote: Sarah Harris (JackJonesPaw)

I do understand that it's late to be starting a new lynchee, but since things have changed dramatically with Al's announcement, I expect a bunch of people will be looking for somewhere new to vote. Plus I will be around the rest of the day to see how things go. If no one agrees with me, I can change, since a lynch (except for Al or myself, since we're the only two I have townreads on, and it's only a townlean on him for now) is better than nolynch.

Okay, I don't feel comfortable with holding my vote in the face of a role-claim, unless it's necessary to secure a lynch. I do certainly find Al still suspicious, but I think I also think it's true that one vote (Shelly's) would not have put a whole lot of pressure or gotten things started as much as if there were two (Al's). So I can understand Al's reasoning somewhat, enough at least to not vote for him in light of his claim.

The question is, who to vote for? Brian has been somewhat suspicious I guess. I do not like the fact that he's clinging to his vote in the face of Al's claim, but I understand as well that it could certainly be seen as a rather convenient claim.

Brian has also been relatively talkative, which is a good thing, sort of.

In any case, at this point I'd rather vote for Brian than Al.

I will however, be able to get back online (barring a really weird occurrence) to change my vote later in the day, and until then, I'd like to present a different option: Sarah Harris.

Her only useful post was this:

Now I understand if one person (Eugene) missed out on the discussion and didn't realize Wanda's situation. I find Wanda somewhat suspicious despite everything, but this vote seems really poor and like no thought was put into it. Sarah echoes a lot of what has been said, offers nothing more and has slipped under the radar, contributing nothing so far.

I unvote Al Cooper (TinyPiesRUs)

and Vote Sarah Harris (JackJonesPaw)

Oh, and somebody jumped onto it before me. :hmpf:

Ah, well. In any case, this gives me a little more confidence that maybe we can secure a vote for Sarah.

Does this bother anyone else? It's weird that two people (one a confirmed scumbag) arrived at the same conclusion about Sarah's inactivity (even when other people were just as inactive) within minutes of each other. And why is Eric rolling his eyes when someone else has the same opinion as him?

It almost feels like he was trying to point out that both of their votes were a coincidence in an attempt to distance themselves from each other.

I still don't have much confidence in Russell's behaviour either. I'm comfortable voting for either of the remaining Sarah bandwagoners today.

I found this in the day two thread. This is some time after Irene's ploy as the vig is unravelled.

I'm curious as to whether there is actually a reason for you saying he was investigated at the beginning of the day, rather than just stating he was watched? :look:

Uh...apparently not.

I still have a hard time believing Irene is scum, but at this point it's the only logical way to vote. :shrug:

Vote: Irene Allen (mostlytechnic)

I don't know honestly. She seemed active and like she was pushing against scumbos, but I guess we just have quite a number of townies are acting like scumbos. :look:

The only other time he makes a direct reply to Irene is a " :laugh:" face after she says this to Sarah.

Seriously, that's your logic? You want to vote for Greg, and because of that you think he's scum? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

There's not enough interaction between Irene and Eric on day 2, but it could be a move between the two to seem less connected. I want Eric to speak, ASAP.

And if anyone's seen Shirley, let me know. I haven't seen her for the past three days. :look:

And if anyone's seen Shirley, let me know. I haven't seen her for the past three days. :look:

The first place I'd check is the cemetery. :look:

The first place I'd check is the cemetery. :look:

Why? Have you seen her hanging around there? You're not mistaking her for that jerk selling Shelly, are you? She doesn't even compare to my beautiful Shirley-Whirley. :wub:

It's late, so I'm going to bed, but I've noticed the new rule so I'm here to express my joy that Irene was a scummo! I knew there was something fishy about the "you couldn't possibly investigate me as scum".

Well, at least we can now have some trust in Al's findings. Great job nailing another scum!

Pamela's death seems logical after yesterday, she was really pro-town (even though she wasn't pro-Russel :look: ).

I just don't understand how you can still be saying I was in cahoots with Irene, after the way she attacked me yesterday. It really brought the attention to me, didn't it? It would totally suck to be a scum if one's mates were like that... :sceptic:

Doesn't anyone have any results from last night? I feel like we should wait for them before we start to throw around votes. But nothing wrong with throwing blame around. :tongue:

I still think Ace is trying to fly under the radar, and with the penalty votes he should have from not voting yesterday, he would be an easy lynch. My theory is that since there are so many different role claims, there might be a second Mafia family besides the dreadful Milano. On Day One, he listed the options for the killers, but did not mention that possibility, which struck me as odd. Of course, Ace is not the only inactive person in this game of life, which makes it sad that the active and contributing people are only pointing at each other and getting killed.

It turns out two people who shouldn't have targeted me targeted me last night. One was definitely a blocker. I'm not sure who the other one was. So either of you, please let me know if you had a valid reason for targeting me. Because I'm pretty certain at least one you is scum.

In the meantime, I'd like to hear who everyone's top suspects are. If you choose not to voice your suspicions, I'm going to assume that you're scum.

I still think Ace is trying to fly under the radar, and with the penalty votes he should have from not voting yesterday, he would be an easy lynch. My theory is that since there are so many different role claims, there might be a second Mafia family besides the dreadful Milano. On Day One, he listed the options for the killers, but did not mention that possibility, which struck me as odd. Of course, Ace is not the only inactive person in this game of life, which makes it sad that the active and contributing people are only pointing at each other and getting killed.

I think the only one here who believes in this second Mafia family is you, Russell. The only real role claim that's been proven positive or negative is Irene's, and she was scum. Of course the scum would claim roles, it's a way for them to look both pro town and not make an attempt to convince others they're town. I also have no idea what you mean by "listed options for the killers". I did mention the options of a potential Serial Killer and Vigilante, but that was on day 2. Also, you seemingly refused to vote for Brian, a known scum, and claimed to stick to your vote for Al, until you switched votes, despite saying you wouldn't change "no matter what" and even if he was telling the truth about his role claim, and voted for the rather slow Sarah bandwagon. Your statement in Day 2 states that after the Al bandwagon stopped, you thought the Sarah bandwagon was best, but that first comment about you not changing your vote no matter what makes you look like you were trying to avoid voting for Brian. If you seriously wanted to join a bandwagon, why did you not choose the one with most momentum, namely Brian's?

Also, Pamela was pretty vocal about you until Irene's confirmed scumminess showed up, in which case her gaze shifted from you to her. I find it weird how she got knocked off last night, particularly since her first sentence in Day 2 was to declare you scum.

You, Russell, are the person I find the most openly suspicious, although there are others I find suspicious but not on the level as you, the most upfront of that group being Greg.

However, I don't feel as if I'm ready to vote for you yet, and since I want to hear from him more, I'm going to Vote: Eric (Palathdric) until he speaks about his seeming involvement and defence of known scum Irene.

Also, you seemingly refused to vote for Brian, a known scum, and claimed to stick to your vote for Al, until you switched votes, despite saying you wouldn't change "no matter what" and even if he was telling the truth about his role claim, and voted for the rather slow Sarah bandwagon. Your statement in Day 2 states that after the Al bandwagon stopped, you thought the Sarah bandwagon was best, but that first comment about you not changing your vote no matter what makes you look like you were trying to avoid voting for Brian. If you seriously wanted to join a bandwagon, why did you not choose the one with most momentum, namely Brian's?

You're twisting my words! I never said I wasn't going to change my vote for Al, I merely said that his role claim wasn't enough to do so at the time because I had no better options.

I spent the entiret of Day 2 explaining why I didn't vote for Brian, you should've been present to listen because I'm not going to repeat myself. :hmpf:

And yes, isn't it convenient that Pamela, the person who was most vocal in claiming I'm scum, gets killed? Surely it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the scum are very happy to keep the attention in me, no sir!