cavegod

UCS Tie Defender MOC

indexed.gif

Hi all at last i have taken some pictures of my UCS Tie Defender sorry the quality is not very good but will have to do till i get some better ones taken.

Enjoy!

Image106.jpg

Image107.jpg

Image108.jpg

Image109.jpg

Image110.jpg

Image111.jpg

Image112.jpg

Image113.jpg

I don't normally post here, but I love the tie Defender too much not to comment when someone makes one. And my you have done a great job making one too, especially with how the three "wings" connect. The little greebling with the phone pieces and trans red and the grills really look cool too. Great job!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

:oh: That's awesome and huge and detailed and, yeah awesome. UCS MOCs always make me awed, especially this one.

Keep up the great work!

A really marvelous MOC cavegod :thumbup:

I can just second what Batbrick just said.

And as you pointed yourself, pics quality.

Please oh please get back to us with better pics, because you MOC really deserves it.

It is a masterpiece really.

-Ras-

A awesome MOC!!! I really like the joinery from the cockpit to the wings it fabulous!!

Great work!! :grin:

It's BEAUTIFUL :wub::oh:

I second what Roncanator Said about the Joinery....thats really a masterpiece :wub:

well done on the Cockpit as well its REALLLY COOL.

Some how the Tie Defender reminds me of the old CIS Droid Tri Fighter with that same 3 wing design, does anyone else agree to this??

Overall Amazing MOC :classic: I also think if lego made this into a set then they couldn't have done it NERLY as good as you :classic: .

CommanderFox

I love the Tie Defender. :wub: Yours is the first one that actually looks like what it should look like. I like it!

Thanks for all the praise!!

i have to say thanks to Rob AKA Walter Kovaks for the inspiration to build this Tie, you would not believe the problems i had with how the wings join to the body, originaly i used Walters method but that proved to weak and could not support the wings plus it was a very loose connection. i was nearly going to scrap the Defender until a solution came to me while at work (yes i think about how to build a Moc while at work) and it prooved it could be built and be very stable so stable infact that i can hold the Defender by one pylon and swoosh it around! once i had solved the wing issues the rest was just a matter of studying the few pictures there is of the Defender and turning it into the model itself, i have addd extra greeblies but not over done them. there is an interior to the cockpit will get some pictures asap.

Hopefully i will post pictures of my other UCS Mocs in a few days (B-Wing, Tie Hunter, Remake of the lego Tie interceptor and Shuttle Tydirium bsed on Dmacs version.)

I am honord that I was the inspiration. This really turned out well. I especially love the pylons, excellent work there. Much different from my own design.

I assume you were working off of rev 2.8 of my TIE Def design. I have become aware of the flaws in that design. I'll be building (and posting) revision 3 in a few weeks. We'll see if I've taken care of all the bugs then. :wink:

What an awesome TIE Defender! It's always been one of my favourite TIE designs, ever since the old TIE Fighter flight-sim game :)

Do you have a LLD you'd be willing to share?