RetroInferno

Is it time for Lego to update their blaster rifle models?

Since the first proper starwars blaster model model came in around circa 2006-7 to replace the inverted mega-phone, the "old gun", the company stuck with the design since then, implementing two other varaint, namely the Rifle and the Pistol.

While servicable, and modeled from the popular E-11, I really wish Lego could update their model variety, especially after seeing the modded blasters from the Rogue one wave to mimic the A280 by adding a small light grey tube to the standard gun model.

What are you guys thoughts?

It's time! I want a first order blaster!

If not, there are plenty of companies who make custom lego weapons.

What has been updated about the six shooter then?

Also I'd like new blaster molds but the ones they have are perfectly generic and servicable. Different sizes and styles can be approximated with additional pieces. The RO wave is a nice example. A variant for every blaster type for every faction or character would ber too much for Lego to handle, but I'd like to see one or two new generic ones and new colors of existing ones.

Two different molds for each gun category would be nice: I know we can mod the existing guns with technic pins for some really servicable results but I feel they could elaborate a bit.

I'd like a new hand blaster, without the scope. Similar to the old ones, but the plastic on those wasn't as good - very easy to damage the plastic when making minifigs hold them. Sabine's blaster pistols are way too big in my opinion.

Otherwise I find the current blasters generic enough to use for a variety of different SW blasters. If you really want specific and accurate ones, well, Brickarms exists. :wink:

Since the blasters are already modelled to look like something from the movie, I'd say no and instead lobby for something else: No lightsaber hilt looks even remotely as accurate to something from the movies or shows as do the current blasters. So, before we get new blaster molds, LEGO should give us some updated lightsaber hilts that look the part. I'd like a Darth Vader's lightsaber hilt, a Luke Skywalker's lightsaber hilt, an Obi Wan Kenobi's lightsaber hilt, a Count Dooku's lightsaber hilt, and, of course, two accurate adult Ahsoka's lightsaber hilts (one short, one long). Only then it'd be appropriate to talk about new blaster molds. Because, you know, new and finally accurate lightsaber-hilts variants are even more important to the adult LEGO-experience than blasters. All my MOCs are utterly ruined by those inaccurate lightsaber hilts! :tongue:

I'm fine with the current blaster assortment. It does well to depict a standard look across troop types, while other gun molds can be added as needed for less uniform teams.

If anything, I think the lightsaber could use an update...

Yeah more lightsaber variants would be nice. It's also time they give Ahsoka a shorter 3M blade for the shorter hilt instead of going with two of the same hilts and two 4M blades...

Personally I'm fine with the blaster mold, especially since they gave us the pistol variant in 2010/11. Yeah, they could dual mold colours, but I don't really fancy having detailed, over-the-top blaster's.

As for lightsaber hilts, I'm still of the same opinion. If Lego could capture the look of Darth Vader's lightsaber hilt without it looking too oversized or detailed, then fair play to them.

I just don't want my minfigures having weaponry that look like they belong to action figures.

I'm perfectly fine with the current molds. Some new lightsaber hilts is what we really need.

I still think they should just make an imperial blaster and a rebel blaster mold in addition to what we have. That way we have basically three kinds of blaster. The two main factions and neutral (the regular ones we have)

I dont think it would be that much more expensive and if they did the two basic soldier molds we would have good army building weapons. Lightsaber molds are much more problematic in comparison. Two new molds for blasters that have infinite uses or lightsabers that show up in one set every now and then?

Dont get me wrong I would love unique lightsaber molds and I can see one for Anakain being the most versatile but largely I would prefer the blasters.

I like the molds I just want them in more colors to better reflect the newer series. The First Order has their standard blasters in black and white. I want some of those colors on the current molds. They look Star Wars enough and at the same time generic enough to be used with other themes even city. Same molds dual colors FTW!

In the case of the FO blasters I'd like some dual molding too. Perhaps white printing would do since most of the white is in the center of the weapon when viewed from the side.

Having collected through the entire megaphone era, I'm satisfied with E-11's in perpetuity.

Especially were there to be a threat of the stud shooters taking over completely in their place. I think we've been pretty lucky so far.

Fair point with the threat that is the stud shooters: I don't get why they don't make a compromise and include both models: stud shooters are way more expensive to make than regular blasters too. I don't really want them to dissapear because they look decent when a black stock is attached at the rear ( nice grenade launcher style weapon ), but yeah, let's see if they ever dare to make the move.

With all these special molds being made for The Force Awakens, I believe unique lightsaber hilts are just over the horizon. They've already made a unique mold for count dooku's hilt a while back, so why not make special hilts for Luke's and Anakin's lightsaber? Sets including those would sell like hotcakes.

For me anything but studshooters taking over everyset - I appreciate for kids the studshooters can be fun, but so long as blasters/pistols remain available then I'm ok, I'm less bothered about more accurate weapons as that's not really what Lego is about - there are third party suppliers to cover that level of detail.

blasters are due for a refresh/update. lightsaber hilts should be updated as well in my opinion.

In the LEGO Force Awakens video game trailer, you can see both Anakin custom lightsaber mold, and Kylo Ren. But that is sadly probably just for the game.

I see no reason for either lightsabers or blasters to be thoroughly updated; we have different molds already for all the sabers that really look different, such as for Dooku, Kylo Ren, the Inquisitors, and Ventress, so the only thing that's really missing in that respect is different lengths of sabers (such as for shotos for Yoda and Ahsoka). Blasters are decent; between the standard three and the clone commander pistols we have enough really; although I'd like to see some more color variation, I'm otherwise content.

I don't really mind either way. I'm fine with how it is, but wouldn't mind if they were changed either. :shrug_confused:

I've noticed most of the lightsabers and blasters in LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens are all unique, so obviously Tt is sick of them. :laugh:

TFA videogame introduced a lot of new blaster molds , when they really didn't need to do this. Makes me think Lego is hinting that they will be in sets next year. But that's just my speculation.