This massive (unfortunatelly :D ) beast is my attempt for the Fourth race of Czech Lego Technic Truck Trial series. So, just hope, that this truck will survive the "struggle" with mud. :D

Features four wheel steering (two racks, one M motor, working steering wheel (only for effect)),

- six wheel drive (powered by twin 5292 motors) with differential on each axle, equipped with pneumatic diff-lock (so it isn't bad when offroading);

- complete cable-control (BB in hands, connected with car via wires)

- attractive orange body (that weighs 400grams)

- external roll cage (it is barely visible on this photo)

-"tires in tires" (the external tires slipped very usually, so I've added smaller city tires to them- now the wheels make approximately one fifth of the weight of this truck (the mass of this tuck is too much (approx. 1830grams))

So, hope you like it.

Video might be after the race. ;) (video is done yet!)

Please pay attention for the stickers :D

Gallery (that means more photos for FREE :D ): https://www.flickr.c...57646272668783/

(You can compare this orange new (means better :D) one with my older Trial Truck (T815 6x6 in white, done for previous race, without diffs, remotely contolled via IR, 2x XLmotor+M mot.) : https://www.flickr.c...57645088735874/14658122008_36c85fd6b4_z.jpg

14844398932_3a8dd34cd7_z.jpg

14658126138_e152777bf7_z.jpg

14821771416_2ff2783145_z.jpg

14658210567_21070b7e4f_z.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT:

VIDEO:

Edited by Gzzig

Wow, that thing looks sick! how are the performance and is it fast? (I ask beceause of the buggy motors :D)

But why no onboard batterybox and remote control?

Edited by Black-Build

Wow! I'm looking forward to the video (two 5292 / 1830g) - what a beast! :classic: Can you tell me how much did you gear down the engines?

Cool stickers! Good luck at the race!

Thank you guys!

@dd. Black-Build - it isn't very fast, but I think that it is powerful enough. I used the cable control because of saving weigh, onboard BB would move the centre of gravity higher, and performance would be worse, because of increased mass - and I'm not thinking about riding it in the sun with IR. ;) Thanks.

@dd sm01 - I gered the engines down 112.545 times (this setup: 16 to 24; 12 to 36; 8 to old diff; 12 to 20; 12 to 20 (in axle, 90°); and in portal 8 to 24; " ; " means on one axle) Thanks.

Love the lockable diffs - the only way to do it in lego and be almost like the real thing

I hope to do this to ZBLJ 's mid size 8x8 tatra chassis one day

Thank you.

@dd. Rockbrick - really looking forward to see your 8x8 :)

@dd.Jorgeopesi - The axles are made from half beams, connected directly to the driveshaft. This isn't ideal solution, but it works. ;)

Here is LDD screenshot of the axle:

14847488561_870bb98945_z.jpg

Thank you.

@dd. Rockbrick - really looking forward to see your 8x8 :)

@dd.Jorgeopesi - The axles are made from half beams, connected directly to the driveshaft. This isn't ideal solution, but it works. ;)

Here is LDD screenshot of the axle:

And they are not aligned?? :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

This will give a little contribute at flipping up side down your TATRA when offroading!!

Edited by TheItalianBrick

@dd. TheItalianBirick - As Jorgeopesi said, original Tatras have axles unaligned. (

)

@dd Jorgeopesi - your had to be the 8x8 Kolos? ;)

@jorgeopesi: well I understand that, as we can see in the pic. But would be nice to know the reason why they decided to design it that way! :laugh:

I'll surf the web a bit more today :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

With Lego we are able to build Tatra axles aligned, my 4 tatras have them but I really don´t know why they are unaligned in real life :cry_sad: .

lrBmVmg.jpg

Old trial truck by NIco71, there are more ways to do it.

I think its to do with the degree of swing of the arms

you can get more motion my offsetting the arms that if they were lined up due to the gears inside (also makes the central chassis tube narrower)

see this video

@ the 1:00 mark

Edited by Rockbrick

With Lego we are able to build Tatra axles aligned, my 4 tatras have them but I really don´t know why they are unaligned in real life :cry_sad: .

lrBmVmg.jpg

Old trial truck by NIco71, there are more ways to do it.

I used this setup in my previous Truck (link is in topic describtion or in my Flickr album), however, later the connectors ( 42003.jpg ) started to crack, so I had to find more reliable solution ;)

I used a rare axle technic for my kolos and it works fine.The 20th gear rotates and pivots with a 12th one.

dLF1plh.jpg

Edited by jorgeopesi

I used a rare axle technic for my kolos and it works fine.The 20th gear pivot rotates and pivots with a 12th one.

You make me think about inspiration :D :D

@ jorgeopesi: is it right you use an M motor for steering??

Yes, it is an old video there was not servo yet.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Yes, it is an old video there was not servo yet.

Cool. And if I'm not wronge you also use a clutch with it....does the steering get easily stuck when offroading, or when batteries are half way charged??

No problem with steering but I learned with my first truck trial that tatras are not good, they are fun to build but in real trials they haven´t balance, height and they are more complex that a simple rigid axle. In the video the unimog wins based on a old design, I will never know if my tatra would be better because one of my XL motors broke.

I Love Tatras! Great job! :thumbup:

I really like how the axles are not aligned on these things. :tongue:

Check out my attempt below

https://flic.kr/p/kZtJCa

Would that be legal in one of your trial comps?

Edited by Doc_Brown

No problem with steering but I learned with my first truck trial that tatras are not good, they are fun to build but in real trials they haven´t balance, height and they are more complex that a simple rigid axle. In the video the unimog wins based on a old design, I will never know if my tatra would be better because one of my XL motors broke.

Well, you know better than me how many aspects we should be considering at designing a trial truck! and probably the winner is the one with a great combo of all aspects, rather than more torque, or less weight, or lower center of gravity! :sweet::grin:

Probably the strongest point should be the traction! and even better the way the motors release the traction! Anyway....good fun to try and improve! Thanks for the video Jorgeopesi!! :thumbup::tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Anyway....good fun to try and improve!

This is the first reason which I play with Lego, try, improve, error everything is funny :thumbup: .