Eurobricks’ Super Hero Comic Cover ContestThe contest:The first thing that draws any comic buyer to a comic book is the fantastic artwork on the cover. What we want you to do here is take an iconic (or obscure, your choice) comic cover and recreate it in LEGO form. Need an example? EB Member Moop made this back in April. The Rules
- Recreate an actual Comic Book cover in LEGO! The cover must have been published by a comic book publisher such as DC or Marvel. No drawing your own just to make it out of LEGO. It must involve Super Heroes.
- Since the end result being judged is the picture, there are no actual size limits to what you can build except what you can photograph. It is highly recommended that you put a lot of effort into the actual photo. That is what will be judged.
- CLARIFIED RULE Because TLG has not made every possible Super Hero or Villain even within the licenses they have rights to, custom minifigures are allowed. As a rule of thumb, a casual observer should recognize that a custom figure is LEGO. If you need a more measurable rule, the custom minifigure should be comprised of at least 60% LEGO parts.
- No clone brands are allowed
- Custom decals, stickers, cut outs and official TLG stickers are allowed.
- Custom parts like those from BricksArms, BrickForge, and other after-market companies are allowed as long as their manufacturer is credited in the entry.
- There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the scene.
- There is no limit to the amount of minifigures used.
- All official LEGO minifigures and parts are permitted.
- Entries are to be posted in individual topic by the participant, titled "SH-CCC: Insert Title of your entry", and tagged with "Comic Cover Contest".
- One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the comic cover recreation. You should also include a picture of the actual original cover (or a link to it) so that voters may compare it with your entry. You may include additional pictures of your creation from other angles but the first picture should be the actual entry. (No additional pictures should be larger than 800x600)
- Digital backgrounds are not allowed since the background would be part of the recreation. Use LEGO. A solid backdrop may show through.
- NEW RULE: Do not add anything digitally to the photo to make it resemble the cover more closely. You may tweak the lighting and such to make the image clearer but do not add special effects or the words to your image. The point of the contest is to recreate the cover with LEGO not Photoshop.
- No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. Show off your Comic Cover with decent photography and crop your picture to make it look like a true Comic Book Cover.
- No LDD entries.
- Upload your images onto a dedicated image hosting website such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
- The contest begins... NOW! The contest will end on November 30 at midnight GMT. Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
- New entries only. Don't reuse any MOCs for this.
- Any registered Eurobricks member may participate, excluding myself. Voting however, will only be open to members who have registered before the posting of these rules.
- Any violation of the rules or the spirit of good sportsmanship will be subject to disqualification at the discretion of EB Staff.
At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who joined after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote.
After 7 days, the votes will be calculated and the top vote recipients will be declared the winners.
If you have any questions about the contest or the rules, you may ask them in this thread. Your entry should be it’s own topic as described in the rules above. That’s it. Good luck! You can ask any questions about the contest in this thread.
Edited by CorneliusMurdock, 28 November 2012 - 05:01 AM.