BrickworldBryan

Brickworld 2010 Registration and Brickworld Indy

bw10-logo.png

Share - Learn - Explore - Discover

The team at Brickworld is excited to announce that registration for the 2010 event at the Westin will open on January 1st. We look forward to seeing everyone in Chicago in June. We are presently updating the web site to provide an improved registration experience. The updates will be rolled into the web site over the next couple weeks and ready for January 1st.

One of the changes will be a modified home page. The home page will show the Brickworld event at the Westin and a new event called Brickworld Indy. Brickworld at the Westin in Chicago is THE convention, THE AFOL event, THE place you want to be.

Brickworld Indy is a new concept. It is a public exhibition only (similar to Saturday and Sunday of the Brickworld convention in Chicago). Brickworld Indy is a partnership between Brickworld and IndyLUG. The intent of the exhibition is to showcase the creations of IndyLUG to the public. So, there is no convention side, no on line registraiton, no raffles, and it is not open for anyone to display. However, it will still be a fun place to hang out on Saturday & Sunday and see friends and we would love to have AFOLs around to enjoy the event.

We hope to see you in June at the Westin for Brickworld 2010!!

The theme is picked...the event kits are designed...the artwork is in process...things are in full swing. Don’t wait. Start building now and remember to include lighting for the 2nd annual World of Lights Collaboration.

Stay tuned for more information.

Best Regards, The Brickworld Team

Brickworld will be held June 17 - 20, 2010 at the Westin North Shore Hotel in Wheeling, IL (a suburb of Chicago).

Brickworld Indy will be held March 13 and 14, 2010 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, IN.

visit the Brickworld Web Site by clicking here

Edited by BrickworldBryan

Went to sign up at least, but I couldn't find Norway in the list of countries :wink:

Hey now...I know that isn't true...and I know that isn't true because there is not a drop down list :tongue:

But, when Registration for Brickworld 2010 opens on January 1, feel free to register and enter Norway as your country...you will probably be the first non-US registrant...and, who knows, that might be worth something :sweet:

Everyone have a Merry Christmas...or Happy Festivus...or whatever you decide to celebrate this holiday season.

Play Well, Bryan

Hey now...I know that isn't true...and I know that isn't true because there is not a drop down list :tongue:

But, when Registration for Brickworld 2010 opens on January 1, feel free to register and enter Norway as your country...you will probably be the first non-US registrant...and, who knows, that might be worth something :sweet:

Everyone have a Merry Christmas...or Happy Festivus...or whatever you decide to celebrate this holiday season.

Play Well, Bryan

I'm glad to see New Zealand is on that list, you are going to get a few of us non-US types coming over this year, hopefully. :wink: Europeans, Australians, New Zealanders... what more could you want?

Canadians :wink:

Are there more people in NZ or Canada? 'cause I thought there were only 3 people in Canada :)

Just kidding...we would love to have everyone!!! I am already excited about June and we are just starting the planning process

Play well, Bryan

...you will probably be the first non-US registrant...and, who knows, that might be worth something :sweet:

I doubt that. I think someone from Croatia will register first. :wink:

I've already started to build the 2010 BW MOC. It will be huge. Very, very huge. And yes, I will bring it all the way from Zagreb. :sweet:

I've already started to build the 2010 BW MOC. It will be huge. Very, very huge. And yes, I will bring it all the way from Zagreb. :sweet:

Matja - it will be great to have you back!!!

B

I think not. :wink:

Still couldn't select Norway as country though. And the BW website has some annoying design issues in 1024x768 causing the registration sub-menu to appear outside the screen, guess it's time to dig up firebug and see what's up. :wink:

Brickworld registration is open!!!

But, Norway wasn't first...Someone in the US (other than the coordinators) registered first.

Then, someone from Oslo, N/A (odd country name) registered. So, we are adding Norway to the drop down list :) (sorry about that)

The clock is ticking...get registered and be a part of Brickworld 2010!!

Regards, Bryan

Finally! A lego convention in my good ole hometown Indy! Looks like I'll no longer be a virgin...I'll be going for sure to my first Lego community related event.

Finally! A lego convention in my good ole hometown Indy! Looks like I'll no longer be a virgin...I'll be going for sure to my first Lego community related event.

Brickworld Indy is not a convention. It is a public exhibition only.

Brickworld (the convention) is held at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling, IL. But, that isn't too far from Indy...I make the drive along with about 10 or 15 other AFOLs from Indy.

Bryan

Hey, if anybody from central MN is going and would be willing to carpool please PM me. I am a student and would love to go down but don't have a car :cry_sad: I can pitch in for gas if I can find a ride. Thanks!

I'm from Australia and i am making the journey over, 18+ hour flight, yes I am totally crazy, lol.

The website and registration etc. doesn't really cater for non US people, it keeps saying I'm from Alabama, Which starts with A, but is about 12,000 miles north east :P

I have a whole bunch of questions about stuff, I've tried the contact us page, but no luck there for the last week.

Bryan if you are around can you shoot me an e-mail please?

cheers, and already looking forward to it.

Edited by reload

I'm from Australia and i am making the journey over, 18+ hour flight, yes I am totally crazy, lol.

The website and registration etc. doesn't really cater for non US people, it keeps saying I'm from Alabama, Which starts with A, but is about 12,000 miles north east :P

I have a whole bunch of questions about stuff, I've tried the contact us page, but no luck there for the last week.

Bryan if you are around can you shoot me an e-mail please?

cheers, and already looking forward to it.

Another Aussie making the trip! I have registered as well and encountered the same issue. I guess as long as you have picked Australia as the country state probably doesn't matter. Might see you there too. I will be displaying with Stash2sixx.

Another Aussie making the trip! I have registered as well and encountered the same issue. I guess as long as you have picked Australia as the country state probably doesn't matter. Might see you there too. I will be displaying with Stash2sixx.

Cool, off topic a little, are you coming to Brickvention over the Australia Day weekend?

At least it doesn't include the state field on the registrant list, so for me it looks right. Though I'm not sure why I Scream Clone shows up as coming from "NA" there, I suppose he didn't select Australia as country or something. :tongue:

Cool, off topic a little, are you coming to Brickvention over the Australia Day weekend?

Not this year unfortunately, I live near Sydney so it would still cost a little to make the trip down to Melbourne :wink: besides all my money is being saved towards BWorld. I haven't bought more than a couple of sets since June last year, what with mortgage and daycare blah blah blahGotta maximise the US experience while there.

At least it doesn't include the state field on the registrant list, so for me it looks right. Though I'm not sure why I Scream Clone shows up as coming from "NA" there, I suppose he didn't select Australia as country or something. :tongue:

Oh great, now I gotta go edit my details again :hmpf_bad:

The theme is picked...the event kits are designed...the artwork is in process...things are in full swing. Don’t wait. Start building now and remember to include lighting for the 2nd annual World of Lights Collaboration.

Bryan, Did i miss the official announcement of the theme for BW2010? I am currently laid up after having knee surgery and would love to have time to think of something fun for the theme so I can start building once I am able.

Bryan, Did i miss the official announcement of the theme for BW2010? I am currently laid up after having knee surgery and would love to have time to think of something fun for the theme so I can start building once I am able.

The theme has not been announced yet....soon... :)

You silly Australians... I fixed the web-site so it'll work for you now. If you have any more problems with the web-site, let me know.

If you're country doesn't have a state/province, you should pick 'N/A' for Not Applicable. I've been trying to make the web-site more friendly to those not in the US...

--Mike.

If you have any more problems with the web-site, let me know.

Any chance for the website to stop nagging me about registering my family? An option to set "not bringing anyone else" or something? (t's quite frustrating to see that message every time I log in :wink:)

Bryan, please add Sweden to the countries on the dropdownlist :cry_happy:! I´ve been at BW twice now as the only Swede, and you missed to fill in my country :cry_sad: !

Bryan, please add Sweden to the countries on the dropdownlist :cry_happy:! I´ve been at BW twice now as the only Swede, and you missed to fill in my country :cry_sad: !

Do you want some cheese to go with that whine? :pir_bawling:

If it isn't added yet, I think it will be soon...someone out there cares about you :tongue:

No worries...sorry I didn't think to have it added sooner...now, if you could only get someone else from Sweden to join you.

Later, B

Brickworld Indy is not a convention. It is a public exhibition only.

Brickworld (the convention) is held at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling, IL. But, that isn't too far from Indy...I make the drive along with about 10 or 15 other AFOLs from Indy.

Bryan

i've never been to either of those types of events (LEGo related anyway, I've been to GenCon so I know what conventions are like) so can you elaborate on what the differences between teh two events will be? Indy is about a 2 hour drive North for me so I am curious what will be at the Indy event. For instance, are there any vendors? If so, what kind of product do they typically have (sets, figures, parts, etc)? I would be interested to know things along these lines. As a side note, my 11 year old nephew also likes LEGO and he lives in Indy. Is this the kind of event that would ahve something to offer him?