That dump truck looks pretty neat. Is it using a linear actuator?

Also, was there any news on a new super car? Some of the leaked pictures a few months ago showed a large yellow car with chrome plated wheels, which looked like it might be more than just a Ferrari.

Also, was there any news on a new super car? Some of the leaked pictures a few months ago showed a large yellow car with chrome plated wheels, which looked like it might be more than just a Ferrari.

It a MOC by Crowkillers, not an official set.

It a MOC by Crowkillers, not an official set.

Interesting, do you know where he got those wheel hubs? They looked like the 8458/8466 wheels but were chrome plated and shiny.

I'm quite impressed with the red 4x4 and the quad bike--those look like proper shock absorbers and suspensions, which we have not had on mid-priced models for a while. Knobby tires and springy suspensions are what Technic is all about. :thumbup:

I'm not so sure about the green go-kart, though--it looks kind of thrown together.

I'm quite impressed with the red 4x4 and the quad bike--those look like proper shock absorbers and suspensions, which we have not had on mid-priced models for a while. Knobby tires and springy suspensions are what Technic is all about. :thumbup:

I'm not so sure about the green go-kart, though--it looks kind of thrown together.

Go karts are supposed to look thrown together. That makes them realistic. :grin:

If the suspension on the 4x4 can be as good as 8858, I'll be impressed.

Don't forget these two. Looks like the dozer uses the old style tracks.

There is something strange about the rear wheels of the mini tractor - they are of the normal Model Team variety, but on other pictures, they appear to have a ring of bolts like these: 56145.1157517794.1.jpg

There is something strange about the rear wheels of the mini tractor - they are of the normal Model Team variety, but on other pictures, they appear to have a ring of bolts like these ..

There has been changes in some of the models Lasse. In the old catalog images 8260 had a different wheel, like the one you're showing. But now it seems that they have used one of the old Model Team wheels and a pulley to cover it:

4185.1069852197.jpg

BTW Blakbird, 8261 won't have the suspension mechanism of 8858, you may want to compare it with 8435 instead.

To be honest, I'm not interested in any of the new Technic sets. We already had many quad bikes, dozers, tractors etc.. Transport Truck is overpriced because of the electric elements just like the Cherry Picker and this one is ugly as well. The new yellow wheels are nice and that's the only good thing I can find in it. Besides we may get the actuators from 8294 at a lower price..

Only the monster truck may be interesting for the suspension mechanism. I liked the older (8435) version of this system, if I find a 8261 on sale I may think about getting it. But of course this s just the first half, always the weak part of the year.

Grouchy smurf out ..

Thanks for the images. It's certainly not a spectacular lineup but I still like that dump truck better than anything from this year, since I don't have any such vehicle in my collection. With reports that the color saturation problem has been fixed with yellow pieces, I'm more inclined to buy it than I would have been during the last year or two. I can't tell whether or not it has a working engine in the front though.

The little bulldozer looks neat too and I like how they put a function into it despite its tiny size. It would display nicely next to the bigger 8275.

Go here to see it. He mentions where he got the wheels chromed.

I looked at that site briefly. Seems like a great idea, but my guess is that a complete set of four big wheels will be quite expensive. They don't list any price estimates.

Woah...Love this stuff.

I LOVE the wheels on the Dump Trick and Go-kart! :wub:

Go karts are supposed to look thrown together. That makes them realistic. :grin:

If the suspension on the 4x4 can be as good as 8858, I'll be impressed.

Don't forget these two. Looks like the dozer uses the old style tracks.

And how perfect that dozer would look next to my forklift!! :thumbup:

Instructions ? I did'nt have instructions, I used MLCAD, POV-RAY and the 8261's revealed images :classic:

Edited by cybermaster

I think the ones posted here are all we've seen. There may or may not be larger sets later in the year.

Really nice job then cybermaster, really nice! I couldn't build it even with the instructions :)

I think the ones posted here are all we've seen. There may or may not be larger sets later in the year.

Of course there will be, what makes you say that?

Really nice job then cybermaster, really nice! I couldn't build it even with the instructions :)

Of course there will be, what makes you say that?

They haven't always released sets in two installments like that before. It has only happened in some years. That dump truck is reasonably large and it's possible that it is the flagship set for the year. (although I hope that isn't the case)

Edited by CP5670

Dump Truck is only a 50-55 USD set. Not big at all ? Just like the Cherry Picker, it looked much better though!