I had a search but could not find a thread like this, I thought it would be good to have a thread where we can share photos of our collections and setups.

07092012_LT1.jpg

07092012_LT2.jpg

So here it goes: i have 5 sets till now, 4 of them are in the construction theme (love big yellow machinery).

7065478219_389db063bf_c.jpg

Here are 8069, 8053, 8043 and 8265 and some CMF to keep them company :D

7905393888_6a859582dd_c.jpg

This is my brand new 9397 which i love, very nice truck.

Edited by Freekysch

I have most of my Technic collection here. Last time mom visited me she brought me a lot of the Lego pre-dark ages that I had assembled in recent year at their house and said I should keep it here instead! I think the 8815 and 8810 is back at my parents and some Lego City models.

The 8835 (forklift) is a new acquisition, all other studded technic I got before the dark ages.

Shelf 1: 8066, 9391, 8022, 8067, 8064, 8042, 8828, 8032

Shelf 2: 8835 (hard to see), 8868, 9397, 8071

Shelf 3: 8110

IMG_3852_mini.jpg

(click for large version)

One prerequisite when I moved was that the models should be kept in a bookcase with doors (preferable glass) to avoid getting dust on them. I'm also considering attaching a pull down blind on top of it to block UV light (but there is no direct sunlight at the bookcase).

IMG_3857_mini.jpg

(click for large version)

I'm looking for more self-storage fore the models, the are cramped in there a bit too much.

Now over to the setup. Except for building official sets I do some building freehand (no prior work at the computer to build the model virtual) and found this setup to work quite nicely. I can easily move everything and when not opened the boxes keeps dust away.

IMG_3853_mini.jpg

IMG_3854_mini.jpg

IMG_3855_mini.jpg

The boxes on the floor is not placed there when I work, they stand on the floor beside me (one for wheels and one for studless straight long liftarms.

IMG_3856_mini.jpg

Not in picture are some prototypes and machines that waits further construction together with the parts in boxes is the sets 8258, 8043, 8069, 8047, 8284, 8049, 8274, 8295 and 8547 (NXT) plus bricklink orders for extra parts.

And last, 9390, 9392, 9393, 9396 and 9398 are MISB in some wardrobes, awaiting my free time to build them.

Edit: If someone looked closely at the technic model picture you might notice that the 9397 and 8110 lacks their battery boxes and the 8868 has its box disconnected. That's because I don't like to keep batteries in the models on display. During the dark ages the alkaline batteries got left in the 8868 box and they made a mess, had to clean the metal plates off with a dremel.

And the batteries I have goes into my MOCs for play and testing where they do a hard work.

The battery box (gray) for the 8064 on the first self is till at my parents. The one from 8868 is used for that one too when I display my sets.

Edit 2: Freekysch, nice display with the LED lights. I gotta install some lights as well!

Edit 3: Forgot one thing, that isn't really Lego related but counts as a good thing for the 'setup'. It can't be seen in the picture but from the "lego desk" I can push myself 1 meter backwards in the office chair and at the same time turn 180 degrees and I end up at the computer desk (where I'm now writing this).

Edited by Aqualize

I've got quite a big collection and I don't wanna jam this thread with that many pictures. Instead visit my imgur gallery.

You can also visit my Basebrick account to see the sets I've got (total parts = 41449) and I've got much more LEGO than displayed there, for instance, almost all parts of my airplane.

I'm sure I ain't got the biggest collection around here. Who does?

I like the showcases/shelves you guys have got, and I also like that one is using a toolbox as a part storage.

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

I'm sure I ain't got the biggest collection around here. Who does?

It's got to be Blakbird (see his Brickshelf gallery). He owns ALL of the Lego Technic sets ever made! :cry_happy:

dsc_4554small.jpgdsc_4561small.jpgdsc_4553small.jpgdsc_4562small.jpg

Edited by DLuders

This is mine working place,

I have 4 meters off desk and a laptop on it.

This is a photo from a half year ago and mine collection is now a little bigger. I got about 25 sets but al sorted out. I only build sets 1 time and than a break it off for building MOC's

Olso i find Bricklinck and order there now more than i buy sets.

I own about now plus/minus 140000 technic parst and 25000 brickparts.

124_2418_1.jpg

Edited by VFracingteam

Oh no DLuders, why did you show Blakbird's collection. Now I feel jealous!! :laugh:

Edited by sama

This is mine working place,

I have 4 meters off desk and a laptop on it.

This is a photo from a half year ago and mine collection is now a little bigger. I got about 25 sets but al sorted out. I only build sets 1 time and than a break it off for building MOC's

Olso i find Bricklinck and order there now more than i buy sets.

I own about now plus/minus 140000 technic parst and 25000 brickparts.

124_2418_1.jpg

Those cups..?! What kind of competition did you win?

Where people see a lot of sets... I see a lot of bricks, wheels, gears, motors, liftarms... Today I only have my 6090 and pieces...

Worst builder of the year?..........:laugh:

Ps Happy birthday VFracingteam.:wink:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Best RM8,

I drived for many years at the highest level at Go karting and won a lot off races, but what you see is only the firts prices i won, and have been 2 times Dutch national champion.

The last 5 years a drived in the KF2 class. It's a automic two stroke watercooled engine whit 41HP at 15000 RPM and the Kart weights 68KG, from 0 to 100 KM at 2.8 seconds

Greets Edwin

Worst builder of the year?..........:laugh:

Your almost right, but lucky you live on a island :tongue:

And thanks your the first one today that see it's mine Birthday :sweet:

Edited by VFracingteam

That is because I pay attention to what else is happening around Eurobricks.:laugh:

Happy birthday too, I drived a kart last week... I think 0 to 50 KM at 7 seconds or more... :laugh: but it was a normal kart and me with 250 pounds or more... :hmpf_bad: , obviously I lost...

Happy birthday too, I drived a kart last week... I think 0 to 50 KM at 7 seconds or more... :laugh: but it was a normal kart and me with 250 pounds or more... :hmpf_bad: , obviously I lost...

Thanks Jorgeopesi.

Do you no that whit driving a Go Kart, every 10KG more off the minimun weight is 0.3 off a second more at a lap, and with your 250 pounds it's more than 114 pounds more than me, and it's don't matters how fast your drive, even we are drive at the same level you are almost 2 seconds slower :wink:

Its 2 pounds 1 KG????

Edited by VFracingteam

Best RM8,

I drived for many years at the highest level at Go karting and won a lot off races, but what you see is only the firts prices i won, and have been 2 times Dutch national champion.

The last 5 years a drived in the KF2 class. It's a automic two stroke watercooled engine whit 41HP at 15000 RPM and the Kart weights 68KG, from 0 to 100 KM at 2.8 seconds

Greets Edwin

Your almost right, but lucky you live on a island :tongue:

Cool! How many buggy motors and rc units at your cart? :laugh:

Do you no that whit driving a Go Kart, every 10KG more off the minimun weight is 0.3 off a second more at a lap, and with your 250 pounds it's more than 114 pounds more than me, and it's don't matters how fast your drive, even we are drive at the same level you are almost 2 seconds slower :wink:

2.2 pounds is 1 kg. I made a mistake on the new calculation my weight is 270 pounds or 123 kg (heavy dinner) but never mind I'm also very bad pilot, 17 years training make you strong but also very heavy :angry: and not dieting aid :laugh: .

Edited by jorgeopesi