DoubleT

Best Lego set of 2006

Best Set of 2006

In alittle over a month 2006 will end, and for many 2006 have bin a great year set wise from Lego.

But wich one is the best?

Overhead in a poll, there is 5 sets from 2006 from 3 of the themes that had new sets this year. In this Semifinal it will be: City, Batman and Star Wars.

Choose one in each theme....

Each winner from the different Themes will go on to final in a head to head competion, where the best set of 2006 will be selected....

In the next Semi Final it will be: Exoforce, Knights Kingdom and Bionicle

There could be individual favorits there for somereson is not here, but the Nomenees had to be at 5. And there is no small sets. There are some left out, sorry if its the one you wanted

I voted for the buiding crane in the city theme, because it is big and so beautiful! With this toilets *wub* really well detailed, and not too expansive for the result. A must have!

In Batman I voted for the Arkam Asilum because it's very nice, with the cool system to open/close the prison doors. ANd maybe because it is the only batman set I have!

And for the SW sets, even I don't hae any of them and I will probably not buy one; I choose the UCS AT-ST in remebering this day in toys-r-us in Paris... And because if I buy a SW set, it will be a UCS one.

For City, I chose the Airport - it's great to see a more civilian side of life, and the building itself is quite nice and solid. Also, the other sets are a bit boring and flat...

For Batman, I chose Arkham Asylum - it's a great design and it's brilliant to see so many different minifigs in one place. I guess it's also partly by default, as most of the other sets are just one on ones between Batman and a do-badder (is that a phrase?). But overall the whole theme has been awesome.

For Star Wars, I chose Jabba's Sail Barge - the wide array of minifigs is cool (and the reutrn of the Gamorrean Guard - woot!) and all the brown and tan bricks are great. However, I don't think Star Wars overall has been too strong lately. This set is just an exception.

Looking forward to the next poll....

Why aren't the Ambulance and Hospital included? The Ambulance is one of the nicest chesap sets around.

I voted for the crane, the Batwing, and Imperial Star Destroyer. The Jabba's Sail Barge is also great.

The best of 2006. Hmmm. Easy to forget some good ones, so I'll make some suggestions, since there's more to Lego life than Batman, ExoFarce, and Starwars

Please include the

Ferari 430 Spider 8671

Roaring Roadsters 4896

mythical creatures 4894

My personal favourite from 2006 was actually the Ferrari Spider. Great build, solid as heck, and looks awesome on the desk of any adult. Unless you have built this model, you cannot appreciate how good it is, IMO.

airplane-something totaly new! finally some space in the plane!

arkham-a very nice building you can even use it in your city! and great figs!

sail barge-a star wars legend finally in lego!

oh and i just wanted to ask why you didnt include the police-boat! that was very nice

oh and the batmobile with two-face!

And there is no small sets.

So why is the small Airport Firetruck listed and not the big hospital?

In the last two weeks I watched myself falling in love with the marvelous 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe, so

is there any chance to include this one? :-$ (It

I went for the city crane, which i think is the most impressive city set for a long time 8-

Crane, It's a great new original idea with a very well executed design (Porta-Potty!!). The Plane was nice too, finally somewhere close to a realistic size.

Arkham, Great peices and minifigs and unlike the batcave, easy to incorperate into H&A and Town.

Sail Barge,

a star wars legend finally in lego
with great spot-on realistic angled surfaces.

I really like the police boat too...

I choose Airport because it's a big part of any city (Although I'm not that interestet in city)

Batmobile is a really cool set and very detailed as well - my Batman fav.

And the Star Wars Award goes to the ISD for sure. Finally a Star Destroyer that you can afford and with some good minifigs. Sailbarge is a great set as well, many minifigs *y* but too much stickers for me :-/

Vaders_son

What a tough voting procedure here !!

Seriously, these are the 3 themes I love best and by far !!

Regarding City I had to go with the building crane even if I love the Airport !!

Regarding Batman its really a hard one !! I have all these sets and I love them all !! Nonetheless I voted for the Asylum because its a perfect match between City and Batman !! That set can easilly be integrated in a "normal" city without any problems and you have a van + black bike !! Its the perfect combination and the best of both worlds !!

Regarding SW its way harder !! I have them all (except the Tie X-1) and I think they are all FANTASTIC !!

BTW TT, you should have included the Xwing fighter >:-)

Since I had to vote, I went for the UCS AT-ST which is a true beauty that thrones proudly next to my RBR and other UCS goodies :-P !!

Vote ON !!

*yoda*

I voted for the Building Crane, Arkham Asylum, and the Sail Barge. Even though the only set I had out of these three was the Arkham Asylum, and even though I don't like City or Star Wars, these two were the most appealing to me.

For City, the Building Crane. It seems to have a really fantastic construction. And that portible toilet... Gotta love the portible toilet.

For Batman, the Batcave. Cool features, cool figs, and of course Gun-wielding penguins.

For Star Wars, the Sailbarge. Looks like an instresting build with cool figs.

Ironically, I own none of these. X-D