Sign in to follow this  
morris

kid robbing lego

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/arti...x?storyid=43737

Little girl flashes knife as she tries to steal toys

Largo, Florida - Largo Police are looking for a little girl who pulled a knife on a Wal-Mart clerk as she tried to steal two boxes of Lego toy blocks.

It happened on the Missouri Avenue around 9:00 pm Tuesday night.

Police say the 7 to 8-year-old girl hid the toys under her coat and tried to walk out the door.

A store employee was watching and approached the child, asking her to turn over the Lego blocks.

Police say the little girl then opened her jacket and displayed a combo carving knife with a forked point and a 10" blade, saying she was armed for protection.

The employee talked the girl into putting down the knife and the toys.

The girl then rode away on her bicycle.

The employee was not hurt.

Why do they do this? I feel I am really lucky as i am rich so can afford sets i want.

hm... i guess the girl saw something like this on tv or in real life and 'tried it out' as well... I don't think she understood the gravity of what she was doing.... why does a girl do something like that? i think she was doing what so many kids do: she was copying the behaviour of adults ...

Ah the Lego addiction !! :-D

Seriously thats kind of sad for those kids ;-)

I'll move this thread since it has nothing to do with licensed products ;-)

*yoda*

I heard it on the news. I think the girl should go to jail, 10 inch blade?! Jail time for sure.

And she got away on her bike...

hahahaha

Umm... what are you talknig about?

You can go to "jail" at any age. I think have her in some "jail" for a week or two will make her learn. How about her going to jail over Christmas vacation? That would be fun.

Strange, i live near tampa bay but i never heard about any of this?

Also i rmbr hearing that wallmart changed their policy on prosocution.

It used to be no tolerance but to many ppl would steal from wallmart and they couldnt take all of the cases to court so they changed their policy over the summer. Now you get one strike and then the next time your caught stealing theyll take u to court. glad to clear that up

That's really sad. I do hope she learns her lesson, but I think regular jail for her would be a bit too harsh for a young girl, especially if she didn't really know what she was doing. Too bad that these things happen.... :-(

That's really sad. I do hope she learns her lesson, but I think regular jail for her would be a bit too harsh for a young girl, especially if she didn't really know what she was doing. Too bad that these things happen.... :-(

I agree that she needs to be punished. I also agree that jail would be way too harsh. It woudl just put her in an environment with further negativity and bad influence.

That's really sad. I do hope she learns her lesson, but I think regular jail for her would be a bit too harsh for a young girl, especially if she didn't really know what she was doing. Too bad that these things happen....

Not untill she steals something else

The absolute best part of that whole article:

"The girl then rode away on her bicycle."

Anyways, Two things:

1) Her get-away vehicle was a bicycle, she's 8 years old, and the police are still looking for her?

2) Who wears a coat in Tampa? Should have been a tip-off for the employees the moment she walked in the store, no matter her age!

-l2k-

She cant go 2 jail because they say she was about 8 and you can only go 2 jail when youre 10 or above!

so you can kill anyone or rob any bank when you are less that 10 years old and not go to jail???

*wub* *wub* *wub*

In norway and you commit a minor crime you can decide when you go to jail!

lucky the world does not set Norway habit as the standard

An 8 year-old...to jail!?! Do you realise there are probably murderers and phsycos there? Maybe a long time out is just? This is sad. Perhaps bad influence of parents telling her to do so. Oh, yeah also, a 10" knife, wth?!?!

The employee talked the girl into putting down the knife and the toys.

The girl then rode away on her bicycle.

The employee was not hurt.

ummm, she's unarmed (knife was dropped), approx 7-8 yo, and she GOT AWAY?!?!?! whoa...must be one scary kid. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

i read that and ROFLMAO when i got to the getaway part. classic...pure classic!

edit: lol...just saw l2k's reply and i only realized this too...the police are STILL looking for her?!?!?! must be too fat to chase after an 8yo on a bike! lol lol kinda like chief wiggum from the simpsons.

so you can kill anyone or rob any bank when you are less that 10 years old and not go to jail???

*wub* *wub* *wub*

lucky the world does not set Norway habit as the standard

In answer 2 the first 1 yep apparently.

I think she should be given a reward by TLC

At least they have some assurances that girls will go to lengths to acquire their products.

An 8 year-old...to jail!?! Do you realise there are probably murderers and phsycos there? Maybe a long time out is just? This is sad. Perhaps bad influence of parents telling her to do so. Oh, yeah also, a 10" knife, wth?!?!

Since she's under 18 it would more likely be a juvenile detention centre.

Wow, that is very depressing, if not hilarious about the part where she got away on her bicycle. I wonder what will happen if the authorities find her. It seems like she had a VERY bad influence. Probably from the TV or maybe her parents are criminals.

In norway and you commit a minor crime you can decide when you go to jail!

Where have you heard of that? Do you live in Norway?

I do, and I've never heard about something like that. |-/

And just a sidenote: If you kill 3 people in Norway, you won't get more than 21 years in prison, and you will most likely get out after 17 for good behaviour.. :-P

And just a sidenote: If you kill 3 people in Norway, you won't get more than 21 years in prison, and you will most likely get out after 17 for good behaviour.. :-P

Thank God again that the world is not taking Norway as a model!!

Thank God again that the world is not taking Norway as a model!!

Thats not really a fair thing to say. Each country has their own government and laws, and they each run the country differently.

-l2k-