Sign in to follow this  
SarahJoy

Dissent at the Blue Dolphin Inn

This build is for HSS Hospitality - Lodging - Inn.

----------

24593073856_33a9f16dc6_z.jpg

At the Blue Dolphin Inn of Ruadh, the mood is dark. The oppression of the Desert King is all anyone talks about. Downstairs, the proprietress constantly monitors for DK spies while guests enjoy the firepit and the bathing rooms.

24536977441_ed82747ed1_z.jpg

Upstairs, two prostitutes gossip outside the private rooms while waiting for evening clients. In the cheaper shared room, two Kaliphlinites relate their run-ins with the DK.

23991051774_940652dc74_z.jpg

The bathing room might be a place to cleanse and relax, but it is also a place to plot resistance.

23991050174_1fa6398347_z.jpg

----------

A recent trip to Japan inspired a lot of this build, including many of the interior details, like the futon beds, cushions, fireplace, and bathing rooms. The exterior loosely references Kinkaku-ji (the Golden Pavilion).

The round tile wall technique is inspired by NiceMarmot, and JacobNion was an influence for the rough walls.

I'd like to claim UoP credit for:

• Architecture: Wall Techniques (for the round tile walls)
  • General Building: Interior Design
  • Anthropology: Village Life

Edited by SarahJoy

Lovely walls! I like all the inside rooms, with the bathing room being my favoured!

I agree, the bathing room looks splendid! I guess the buckets and taps really give it that extra flair. I am most surprised by the looks of the outside. It looks refreshing and I am impressed by the enormous golden wall sections that 1. don't look plain, whilst being mostly large rectangular, flat surfaces, and 2. not looking inappropriatly golden! :thumbup: Lovely build, keep it up :thumbup:

Amazing! I love the walls and floor in the down stairs! :thumbup: Though where did you get the olive green grass? Doesn't it only come in the ninjago set: 'the temple of airjitsu'?

Amazing build !

Your golden wall is very well done and finally doesn't seem too golden or strange (I will keep in mind what you did for some builds...)

I like the design of your bath too. :thumbup:

An excellent build.

Beautiful work here! The exterior is very nice, I like how you did the walls :thumbup:

Fantastic work on the interior as well, the floor pattern on the first story and bathing room are my favorite parts :wub:

+1 for the UoP claims as well :classic:

Edited by LittleJohn

Your finest build yet! Love the gold walls on the upper level! My only criticism is that the four corners look a bit out of place to me and I would have used light tan cones capped with a gold 1x1 round plate instead.

+1 for the UoP claims as well.

Hard to believe how well the gold wall works :thumbup: Great use of the dolphin for the sign and the interior is nicely decorated :classic:

So much to love here. The outside has a unique yet amazing style (perfectly fitting Ruad; btw. great to see you keep your Ruad Guide up-to-date), I don't think I've seen the golden bricks used that way before. The bedrooms are really well done. My favourite part surely is the bathroom, which is just perfect. The floor, the buckets, the water-tap, the small benches, the two guys in the water (one with shoulders looking out, the other with shoulders under water) - just wow!

Excellent interior and great atmosphere in general! I like your descriptions of the mood in the shadow of the Desert King.

UoP +1