Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Piratical Anthropomorphism

I can't say I much care for anthropomorphized animals (save a certain J. Thaddeus Toad, Esq. and his riverbank friends), but this is quite an innovative design. The use of rubberbands for pantaloons is quite inventive. I hope to see you in the Piate forum more often, what-with the new theme and MOCing oppurtunities. :pir-wink:

Well that certainly is quite an innovative way to create a LEGO panda and you've made it somewhat posable too. Very clever! It is supposed to be a panda isn't it?

Thanks for ye feedback. :pir-classic:

I can't say I much care for anthropomorphized animals (save a certain J. Thaddeus Toad, Esq. and his riverbank friends), but this is quite an innovative design. The use of rubberbands for pantaloons is quite inventive. I hope to see you in the Piate forum more often, what-with the new theme and MOCing oppurtunities. :pir-wink:

Thanks ~ I'm surprised! You of all people I'd think would eat this stuff up! :pir-tongue:

Well that certainly is quite an innovative way to create a LEGO panda and you've made it somewhat posable too. Very clever! It is supposed to be a panda isn't it?

Yup, it be a panda. :pir-skull: Very piratey, I know. :pir-wink:

Very good, but how exactly is this piratey?

The red/white striped pants, vest and red cloth. :monkey:

Here be another one:

Dog (I think) and Octopus

dogoctopus.jpg

And if you read my comments in the PTV Contest Thread, you can probably see where I'm going with these.

More to follow. :kahuka:

Say, uh...No offense, you seem to be teetering on furry territory...Not that that's a bad thing, as long as you stick to "NiMH/Looney tunes/Thaddeus toad/Whatever" fan territory, and not into "Needlessly creepy times 17 sexual" territory.

Either way, a creative little figure.

Edited by maiq the liar

Thanks ~ I'm surprised! You of all people I'd think would eat this stuff up! :pir-tongue:

dogoctopus.jpg

Yeah, I know. But like I said, the main exception is the most anthropomorphized animal ever. He drives motorcars for Pete's sake! :pir-tongue: Now that is an interesting design for the dog. I'm not sure about the Speedo, though. I think that the brown bits on the Octopus should be black, but of course as it's anthropomorphized, it's clothing too, no?

EDIT: Just saw Maiq's post.

I hope you are aware this is J. Thaddeus Toad, Esq. from Kenneth Grhame's The Wind in the Willows:

2247211784_baa3952705.jpg

Tally ho!

BTW, did you get that "Needlessly Creepy times 17" thing from Homestar Runner's SBemail? I thought I was the only one here who watched that.

Edited by Norrington

Yeah, I know. But like I said, the main exception is the most anthropomorphized animal ever. He drives motorcars for Pete's sake! :pir-tongue: Now that is an interesting design for the dog. I'm not sure about the Speedo, though. I think that the brown bits on the Octopus should be black, but of course as it's anthropomorphized, it's clothing too, no?

Or any other Disney animal, too, right? :pir-wink:

The dog has pants on; I guess I dould have given him a shirt, but I only had flex tubing in brown, so that wouldn't have worked.

I didn't have any wheels in black, so the brown can be considered a belt.

Yeah, I'd consider clothing part of anthromorphism. These aren't final, though.

I need to make at least another four different animals, so any plausable suggestions are appreciated.

Or any other Disney animal, too, right? :pir-wink:

The dog has pants on; I guess I dould have given him a shirt, but I only had flex tubing in brown, so that wouldn't have worked.

Never said he wasn't wearing pants, I just said it looked like he's wearing a speedo.

Never said he wasn't wearing pants, I just said it looked like he's wearing a speedo.

If you say so. :pir-tongue:

Any other animal ideas?

I'm thinking a skunk, of course, but I'll also need civilian animals...

Umm... Some kind of turtle, maybe. With a beard, too.

Turtle, that's a good one! :thumbup:

Perhaps a frog, too.

I'll admit; I don't like video games, but a lot of inspiration for the final MOC is initially coming from Jolly Roger's Lagoon from Banjo-Tooie. (Do a couple youtube searches for reference). The overall concept, anyway.

For civilians, I'm thinking animals that one would find in an actual pirate/port village. Pigs, chickens obviously...

Very nice, I like the octopus the best. As for other animals, a parrot or a fox would be cool. :pir-classic: These remind me of your Tanooki creation.

Edited by JimButcher

@Norrington: yes. and i really don't mind anthro stuff, but i draw the line at "fetishy Rule 36 bullcrap". oh, and i draw the line at "CHEE WAAH WAAH", too.

@Norrington: yes. and i really don't mind anthro stuff, but i draw the line at "fetishy Rule 36 bullcrap". oh, and i draw the line at "CHEE WAAH WAAH", too.

Ah yes, the difference between anthros and furries. Damned furries.

Anyway, these are ammusing. And Mr. Toad isn't THAT anthromorphic. Fox McCloud can fly a starfighter :pir-tongue:

Ah yes, the difference between anthros and furries. Damned furries.

Anyway, these are ammusing. And Mr. Toad isn't THAT anthromorphic. Fox McCloud can fly a starfighter :pir-tongue:

\Has fox McCloud gone to court, been found guilty for endangering the lives of the Subjects of the King of England, and therafter escaped from jail?

Please enlighten me, what are furries? I'm not sure what they are, and I'm sure a google search would yield something like that "Rough gay wolf sex" joke ad from a while back.

\Has fox McCloud gone to court, been found guilty for endangering the lives of the Subjects of the King of England, and therafter escaped from jail?

Please enlighten me, what are furries? I'm not sure what they are, and I'm sure a google search would yield something like that "Rough gay wolf sex" joke ad from a while back.

Yes.Please tell me. All I can understand from this topic, is someone made a large panda.

Quite nice, especially the Panda, though I think he needs just a little more prominence of the muzzle (the dog too).

Any other animal ideas?

I'm thinking a skunk, of course, but I'll also need civilian animals...

You got to have a crab or lobster! You also might try a squid, a boar, or even some kind of fish or shark.

Edited by ghoulrealm

Hmm... how posable are they?

I'd suggest a snake, of sorts (no need for arms and legs, just give it a hat, a scarf and a cheesy waistcoat) :pir-laugh:

I'm thinking a skunk, of course,

:pir-tongue:

Please enlighten me, what are furries?

They're people who like to explore their "animal side" by dressing up and using extensive make-up. Some even go as far as surgery... :pir-look:

You got to have a crab or lobster! You also might try a squid, a boar, or even some kind of fish or shark.

Now it's just getting like POTC :pir-grin:

One very stylized monkey:

monkey1.jpg

monkey2.jpg

Hmm... how posable are they?

I'd suggest a snake, of sorts (no need for arms and legs, just give it a hat, a scarf and a cheesy waistcoat) :pir-laugh:

They're people who like to explore their "animal side" by dressing up and using extensive make-up. Some even go as far as surgery... :pir-look:

Pretty poseable. The Panda's head, arms and both legs move, the dog's head, flexible arms, and legs, Octopus' head and 8 legs, and the monkey's head, flexible arms and legs.

Hmmm... a snake. :pir-skull:

On your last line, I've seen some guy on TV who had scales tatooed all over his body, and had his teeth filed to a point to look like a lizard. :pir-oh3:

Oh wow, that monkey is AMAZING - I love how you did the arms. A single piece can go a long way if it's flexible...=D

Any chance of you making instructions of these? I'd like to be able to make something as posable as these seem to be (especially the panda!), but under all the rubber bands and vests (=P) I just can't tell XD

~Trexxen

(P.S. I don't really think the furry discussion is appropriate here, as it is highjacking Sir Nadroj's thread. If you want to PM me and ask me, though, I know all about it considering I hang with a bunch of them in a chatroom. =P )