Joey Lock

HMS Trincomalee - LDD MOC

thindexedgif.gif LDD 5c

This is my newest ship installment in my LDD Line :pir_laugh2:

I was going to create its sister ship, the HMS Unicorn but since it was never really completed and sent out, It was hard to get clear images.

So I decided to build the HMS Trincomalee!

Here she is!:

LDDScreenShot127.png

View from the side, The missing slopes and bits I shall replace with white, and other various colours LDD doesnt offer:

LDDScreenShot128.png

My ship rounding technique and the Heads, the sailors' lavatories, offering neither shelter nor privacy!:

LDDScreenShot129.png

Birds eye view of the deck:

LDDScreenShot130.png

Waist Rail, on either side of a large gap in the deck exposing the gun deck - the vessel's launches and spare masts would be stored here:

LDDScreenShot131.png

The ships wheel and quarterdeck:

LDDScreenShot132.png

Checkered tiled flooring in captains cabin:

LDDScreenShot133.png

Rear:

LDDScreenShot134.png

Questions, Comments and Improvements welcome as usual!

:jollyroger:

Updates on Captain Greenhairs Suggestion of a smaller stern:

LDDScreenShot136.png

LDDScreenShot137.png

Edited by SlyOwl

Dare i inquire why the gundecks are open?

Like i stated:

"View from the side, The missing slopes and bits I shall replace with white, and other various colours LDD doesnt offer:"

Like i stated:

"View from the side, The missing slopes and bits I shall replace with white, and other various colours LDD doesnt offer:"

Whoops, sorry! :pir-blush:

The bow looks good, and the colorscheme is decent too. It looks a bit like a civil war American frigate.

The only improvement i can think of at the moment is that it should be smaller at the stern.

This can clearly be seen in this picture:

mv58.jpg

Are you going to make one of these LDD ships in real some time Joey?

Looking good Joey!,

this might be one of the, if not the, best lego LDD you did so far. :thumbup:

Are you planning to do a Bricklink order and build her in real life?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

Looking good Joey!,

this might be one of the, if not the, best lego LDD you did so far. :thumbup:

Are you planning to do a Bricklink order and build her in real life?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Well I have planned that I have most of the bricks now. I have lots of black baseplates, Some Tan baseplates. All I really need are the white bits, Like Slopes and my own cannons. I also have 2 masts so I only need one, A extra bit on the mast and some Impulse troops.

So I would proberbly buy it mabye some time this month or mabye for my Birthday. Ill try build how much I can this Saturday since I gotta revise for my Exams this week.

Heres the mast Array of the ship:

masts.gif

Only problem with making the stern shorter is that it has 3 Windows and I tryed to make the windows as small as possible.

Edited by Joey Lock

Hmm, a LDD MOC? This is an interesting one. Though I prefer actually making my Lego MOC's with pieces I have and so I can change them around and stuff. I like the idea that you have going, but it is going to be harder to build a pirate ship especially because LDD does not have a wide variety of pieces compared to your personal collection. I just am wondering, will you add sails? Also, are you going to purchase your pirate ship or just put it in the gallery?

Good luck!

LegoKing

Hmm, a LDD MOC? This is an interesting one. Though I prefer actually making my Lego MOC's with pieces I have and so I can change them around and stuff. I like the idea that you have going, but it is going to be harder to build a pirate ship especially because LDD does not have a wide variety of pieces compared to your personal collection. I just am wondering, will you add sails? Also, are you going to purchase your pirate ship or just put it in the gallery?

Good luck!

LegoKing

Well, I will proberbly buy it, It cant really say. "Oh yeah! Im gonna spend all my Exam Revision time wondering if Im going to spend £50 on lego or not" right now. I have white Sails, Masts, and figures and most of the Parts already.

Nice work Joey!

Did you know our most honourable member RTN LNA has made a ship based on the HMS Trincomalee as well?

He called it the HMS Legomalee, instead of Trinco.

dsc00957.jpg

Yes I actually did see that, However he made two Cabins which was strange :pir-grin:

Only problem with making the stern shorter is that it has 3 Windows and I tryed to make the windows as small as possible.

I mean in the width, not the length of it. :pir-wink:

Yes I actually did see that, However he made two Cabins which was strange :pir-grin:

Yes, I also find that somewhat odd, but I believe RTN LNA mentioned that he was going to change that somewhere. Can't find the post right now..

My new improved HMS Trincomalee! Thanks to the new Update, We get lovely new colours, New parts, Beautiful!:

LDDScreenShot138.png

LDDScreenShot138.png

LDDScreenShot140.png

LDDScreenShot141.png

LDDScreenShot142.png

It looks good :thumbup: but the bow is a bit ...."rounded" shall we say :pir-hmpf_bad:

It looks good :thumbup: but the bow is a bit ...."rounded" shall we say :pir-hmpf_bad:

Well, Its amazing actually because, Well, Ships are like that... I know, Its amazing to me to! :pir-oh:

:pir_laugh2:

I agree this is amazing, I tried to make a LDD ship once and now I know how hard it is. :pir-classic:

Great job on the round shapes in the ship, the thing I never understood how to do in LDD. :pir_laugh2:

The coloursheme looks pretty cool, it starts to look like the Constitution.

I recommend to place the stern somewhat higher so the back of the ship is a bit higher.

Good luck further on you vessel! :thumbup:

P.S. picture 1 and 2 are quite similar. :pir-grin: