Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Main Street Mafia: Day One

mainstreetmafia.png

Main Street Mafia Day One: Mass Exodus

IMG_2794.jpg

True to the Mayor's words, traffic out of the town took up two lanes as people traveled in a massive convoy of various assembled modes of transportation that were in the immediate reach to do this scene.

IMG_2795.jpg.png

Leaving behind a diminished police force, who looked saddened at the departure of their fellow citizens.

"We don't look saddened." says one of the officers.

That's because your facial exp

ressions don't change.

IMG_2796.jpg.png

A few days later, the investigation into the corruption at City Hall led to the arrest of the City Treasurer.

"And I would have gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for you meddling officers!" he said.

The Mayor, the Prosecutor, and the Chief of Police stood quite proudly behind the arrested man, satisfied that they had weeded out a scumbag from their administration. However, they were quickly halted by...

IMG_2797.jpg.png

A huge lynch mob of the townsfolk that remained gathered to confront the corrupt politician, carrying various weapons ranging from clubs to pots to lightsabers to jerks!

"What do we want?!" somebody from the crowd cheered.

"A lynch mob!!!" they all yelled.

"When do we want it?!"

"As soon as it's convenient!!!"

IMG_2798.jpg.png

"Citizens, please!" the Mayor pleaded. "I know you're all really angry, but we can't stoop down and resort to this kind of violence!"

But suddenly, a shot rang out, piercing the silence that fell after the Mayor's speech.

IMG_2799.jpg.png

The bullet hit the City Treasurer, and he flew back to the ground.

IMG_2800.jpg.png

The police reacted by pointing their weapons at the various buildings, but they didn't know where the shot came from! The townsfolk didn't react, since they were all used to the gunfire by this point and they wanted to know if the treasurer was still alive so they could beat him to death.

"Oh screw the justice system." the Mayor said, obviously pissed off.

IMG_2801.jpg.png

He descended down from the Town Hall, and started to step onto the now former city treasurer.

IMG_2802.jpg.png

Using the body as a makeshift platform, he spoke to the townspeople.

"For too long we have lived in constant fear of the Milano Mafia! It is obvious to me that there are members of the mafia amongst you. That these crimes could continue with all the other citizens gone means that some of you must be scum! Therefore, every day I want you to vote amongst yourselves and bring me whoever you think is scum. The fate of the town is in your hands!"

Emboldened by the Mayor's speech, the citizens talk amongst themselves about which of their friends could possibly be scum.

IMG_2803.jpg.png

"Why don't we just investigate them all more thoroughly than not at all?" the Chief of Police asked.

"Shut up."

~~~

Players (18):

sarahharris.jpg.png

Sarah Harris, owner of the Grand Emporium -- Jackjonespaw

chrisharris.jpg.png

Christopher Harris, Sarah's Husband -- Dragonfire

brianbarnes.jpg.png

Brian Barnes, owner of the Green Grocer -- Shadows

wandabarnes.jpg.png

Wanda Barnes, Brian's Wife -- Piratedave84

ericfoster.jpg.png

Eric Foster, Co-owner of Chez Albert -- Palathadric

annfoster.jpg.png

Ann Foster, Co-owner of Chez Albert -- StickFig

eugenebryant.jpg.png

Eugene Bryant, Chef at Chez Albert -- Dannylonglegs

carlhill.jpg.png

Carl Hill, Waiter at Chez Albert -- KingoftheZempk

ireneallen.jpg.png

Irene Allen, Firefighter -- Mostlytechnic

louismurphy.jpg.png

Louis Murphy, Owner of the Pet Shop -- Jamesn

kathymurphy.jpg.png

Katherine Murphy, Louis' Wife -- jluck

lindacook.jpg.png

Linda Cook, Owner of the Palace Cinema -- TrumpetKing

alcooper.jpg.png

Al Cooper, Owner of Al's Barber Shop -- TinyPiesRUs

pamelacooper.jpg.png

Pamela Cooper, Al's Wife -- Tamamono

acebrickman.jpg.png

Ace Brickman, Private Detective -- Kintobar

shirleycarter.jpg.png

Shirley Carter, Brickman's Secretary and Lover -- def

russellprice.jpg.png

Russell Price, Dockworker -- Sandy

gregmchenry.jpg.png

Gregory McHenry, Res-Q Seaman -- Lady K

Rules:

1) Every player has received their own character. You are either aligned as a Townie or Scum. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. Any third party characters have received their own conditions.

2) Every day you will be able to vote for a player. Voting should be done as so: Vote: Character (Player). Unvoting is to be done in the same fashion: Unvote: Character (Player). A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must vote every day, or you'll receive some sort of devious punishment.

3) A game day will last 72 hours, but if a unanimous vote is acheived after the 48 hour mark and the day thread goes quiet, the day may end early to my discresion. You may not vote within the first 24 hours of the day. Once the day is over, you will have 24 hours to send in a night action if this applies to you. Nights will last at most 48 hours, but it usually won't and I'm just saying that so nobody faults me if I'm late. You may not talk about the game outside of the day thread.

4) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6) You are encouraged to role-play in this game. I've provided a role for you to expand upon if you wish. With that being said, please try not to post out of character in the game thread. You may PM other players, but do so at your own risk.

7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances.

8) Don't edit your posts.

9) You must post in every day thread.

10) Try to be nice to your fellow players. It's a game on a LEGO forum.

11) Violation of your first rule will result in a 5-vote penalty and your second violation will result in your death!

12) If any player asks you to break these rules or does break these rules in private, report them to me immediately with proof of their violation.

Well, I'm just starting out saying that I'm suspicious of everyone, but especially those who keep promoting donuts. I think that's actually slang for bribes of our police and other govt officials, and that's why we've got these problems here.

And heck, looks like our police are so corrupt and lazy that it might be just actual donuts that ARE the bribe. Wouldn't surprise me!

Well rats, I come here to yell "First Post!" and instead there's some idiot going on and on about donuts.

Mafia? Among us? :look: Who would have known!?

I've got my pot, and I'll whack any mafia scum who comes near my hair. :angry:

Hey, you starting the name calling already? It's just the start of day 1, we're not supposed to call people idiots and jerks and morons until at least day 3 or so. Besides, my theory on the donuts is solid I tell ya!

Besides, my theory on the donuts is solid I tell ya!

We sell donuts at the Emporium. As well as everything else.

Hmm...looks like no one knows who's town...and we don't want to hurt the town...how about a no-lynch?

(Note: this is totally a joke and I don't want a no lynch so please don't attack me as usually happens. I am well aware of my faults. Good day.)

Eat my fat French bread, Mafiosos! Everyone should! It's great! I guarantee it! I've tried it myself! Mwah! Fantastique!

We sell donuts at the Emporium. As well as everything else.

Hmm...looks like no one knows who's town...and we don't want to hurt the town...how about a no-lynch?

(Note: this is totally a joke and I don't want a no lynch so please don't attack me as usually happens. I am well aware of my faults. Good day.)

Hmm! You're right! Maybe we should analyse the pictures too!

Well, I'm just starting out saying that I'm suspicious of everyone, but especially those who keep promoting donuts. I think that's actually slang for bribes of our police and other govt officials, and that's why we've got these problems here.

And heck, looks like our police are so corrupt and lazy that it might be just actual donuts that ARE the bribe. Wouldn't surprise me!

So your against promoting the economy? I don't think the mob's the thing we need to worry about here. :poke:

Seriously though, if there's a bunch of swindlers and mafioso types around here, Ace Brickman is going to help rat them out! And if you see my lovely secretary, let me know. This Shelly woman is getting on my nerves, impersonating Shirley...

All I see is "304 Error"... perhaps it's a clue!

So about those donuts. I was reading this really good novel about a really bad guy that was always one step ahead of the cops by leaving a trail of donuts away from him. The cops were constantly taking donut breaks and never caught him. So we may want to keep any eye out for donuts on the ground. Don't eat them.

I think I'll just use this spear here to get some fish for dinner before I head back to the lighthouse.

(Snip)

I think I'll just use this spear here to get some fish for dinner before I head back to the lighthouse.

Fish dinner?! How dare you! Why, my dearest husband, the love of my life, the apple of my eye, and I have dedicated our lives to the protection and promotion of all God's creatures, both land and sea, air and...well you get the idea. Save fish, eat other stuff.

Fish dinner?! How dare you! Why, my dearest husband, the love of my life, the apple of my eye, and I have dedicated our lives to the protection and promotion of all God's creatures, both land and sea, air and...well you get the idea. Save fish, eat other stuff.

Does other stuff include donuts?

Does other stuff include donuts?

Only if said donuts aren't made using meat. I'm very anti-fish donuts.

Donuts? Reminds me of my hit movie, The Fall of the Donut Empire, where I starred as Lady de Fry. You can rent it for $1.50, just say you know your good ol' friend Linda!

Well, I'm not surprised the town is already gone higglety pigglety. It seems to happen a lot around here.

At the very least, I can confirm for you that I'm town, as townie as it gets, and you can trust that because I am known as a truth teller. As for the rest of you, I'm voting for one of you. I will not be voting for myself.

Donuts?

I don't know anything about donuts but I do have these little snacks that I feed to the Alsatians in the shop. They're surprisingly tasty for people, too!

You people seem only to care about your stomachs! This is a life or death situation! Why isn't anyone else panicking right now? :look:

I have to say, so far Shelly is making the most sense, I will also be voting for one of you and not myself. Plus she must be really strong to wield a jerk like that. Obviously I'm not hitting on her or anything, I'm happily married and all, but you know.

So yeah, look at those melons! What? Oh no, I mean we just got a fresh shipment of melons at the Green Grocer. Probably the last shipment we'll get until this whole mess is resolved. Be sure to stop in and if you show us your melons, we'll give you a discount on ours!

Ah! Mon dieu! What a scummy suggestion! Save the fish? Sacre-blue! Are you suggesting we all become *shudders* vegitarian?! If it weren't for meat, then what would we be? Savages! That's what! A man needs a big hunk of meat everyday! Mmm. Big juicy hunks of meat. I feel the urge to go cook something!

Hey, you starting the name calling already? It's just the start of day 1, we're not supposed to call people idiots and jerks and morons until at least day 3 or so. Besides, my theory on the donuts is solid I tell ya!

Yeah, but I hate Day One hahaha. We seem to have hit all the Day One high points already though, bravo all around.

No-lynch: check.

Analyze the pictures: should be a few days later, but check.

You people seem only to care about your stomachs! This is a life or death situation! Why isn't anyone else panicking right now? :look:

Fluff RP: check (and no, this is not to incriminate Dragonfire just happened to be the post that was up when I hit MultiQuote).

At the very least, I can confirm for you that I'm town, as townie as it gets, and you can trust that because I am known as a truth teller.

"Oakiest of the Oaks" claim: check.

I have to say, so far Shelly is making the most sense, I will also be voting for one of you and not myself.

Someone trusting Def/Tamo just because they're Def and Tamo: check. :tongue:

I don't have any idea who anybody is but me, and I'm me... just need to get this over with so we can start the real analysis.

Yeah, but I hate Day One hahaha. We seem to have hit all the Day One high points already!

Analyze the pictures: should be a few days later, but check.

well, sorry! I forgot when we were supposed to start that. I'll wait for later then! :tongue:

Someone trusting Def/Tamo just because they're Def and Tamo: check. :tongue:

What about blindly trusting Shadows? Or does that come later? Do we still do that? I haven't been out of the kitchen in a while. :grin:

Ah, but there are some things we will always do. Just like later on today, we'll vote off some rube that makes a silly comment before noon, and who can't argue their way out of the lynch for the life of them. there are things we simply must do. For tradition!... just like my traditional Mediterranean sause on our individually handcrafted bucatini pasta at Chez Albert!

What about blindly trusting Shadows? Or does that come later? Do we still do that? I haven't been out of the kitchen in a while. :grin:

Ah, but there are some things we will always do. Just like later on today, we'll vote off some rube that makes a silly comment before noon, and who can't argue their way out of the lynch for the life of them. there are things we simply must do. For tradition!... just like my traditional Mediterranean sause on our individually handcrafted bucatini pasta at Chez Albert!

Wow. That's...that's actually pretty accurate.

I'm starting to see a rift between donuts and fish, however. There might be something there. Fish=scum. 90% chance, I'm calling it.

Wow. That's...that's actually pretty accurate.

I'm starting to see a rift between donuts and fish, however. There might be something there. Fish=scum. 90% chance, I'm calling it.

Why thank you! One does their best. *tips chefs hat* *makes sure hair net is still secure*

I simply must disagree with your analysis. Fish=meat=good=town. By that logic, then, the donut connoisseurs would be the vegitarians... I mean scum. Well... same difference in my opinion. Anyone who does not eat meat is as good as a murderer.

Meat, yum! How else do you think firefighters stay in shape to climb ladders, rescue cats, and drag heavy hoses? We eat MEAT, not donuts!

Hey, after this is all over and we've caught those scummos, grill out at my place? BYOM (bring ya own meat, no donuts!) and I'll provide the fire. And the fire extinguisher, gotta be safe!

"Oakiest of the Oaks" claim: check.

I don't recognise this this terminology. It's unacceptable. :thumbdown:

I don't recognise this this terminology. It's unacceptable. :thumbdown:

You prefer cosplayiest of the cosplayers?