Walter Kovacs

Unrest in the Forest - Day 8: Moving Pictures

Day 8: Moving Pictures

There is unrest in the forest

There is trouble with the trees

For the Maples want more sunlight

And the Oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the Maples

(And they're quite convinced they're right)

They say the Oaks are just too lofty

And they grab up all the light

But the Oaks can't help their feelings

If they like the way they're made

And they wonder why the Maples

Can't be happy in their shade

There is trouble in the forest

And the creatures all have fled

As the Maples scream 'Oppression!'

And the Oaks just shake their heads

So the Maples formed a union

And demanded equal rights

'The Oaks are just too greedy

We will make them give us light'

Now there's no more Oak oppression

For they passed a noble law

Night returns to Galidor, and the few remaining trees wonder who will be next.

day_8-1.png

One of them doesn’t have to wonder. Burt and Ernie come up to Adelaide Apple and start to work.

day_8-2-2.png

The job is swift and merciful, and Adelaide falls.

day_8-3.png

Mr Big Chief approaches another tree.

day_8-4.png

The end comes quickly to Sue Sumac.

day_8-5.png

Ernie approaches a third tree.

“What a beautiful tree,” he says. “I just can’t bring myself to chop this tree down.”

And so Simon Persimmon survives to see another day.

day1-1.png

Dawn breaks, and Alden rouses the three trees that are left.

“Last night I saw visions of trees being chopped. Pictures moving through my head, showing me absolute desolation. I was certain it meant the end of Galidor.

“Then I awoke to this new day, and lo and behold, only two trees met their fate during the night. What’s more, Sue Sumac was a Maple. Excellent work, my friends.

“Unfortunately, you did not choose wisely in your voting. Adelaide was very much an Oak, as she repeatedly told you yesterday.

“I would not be surprised if today isn’t the last day of this ordeal. Choose well, the survival of Galidor is on your shoulders.

“Addendum: As there are only three players left, I am going to change up the voting a bit for Day 8. Voting will be opened immediately. The day will last a maximum of 72 hours. There will be no Unvoting. Once all three players have voted, or a consensus lynch has been achieved (i.e. two votes for one player), Day 8 will end.

“The result of the Lynch will determine the winners. If 72 hours expire and no lynch has been achieved, then Night Actions will determine the winners.

“Take your time, do your behind-the-scenes jockeying, and think carefully about where your vote belongs. Remember, once you vote, it is final.”

The NPCs:

alden2.png

Elder Alden Alder

burt.png

Burt

ernie.png

Ernie

mr_big_chief.png

Mr Big Chief

walter.png

Walter

The Players:

lassie.png

Lassie Sassafras, played by fhomess

sammy.png

Sammy Sycamore, played by Fugazi

simon.png

Simon Persimmon, played by Hinckley

The Fallen:

alastair.png

Alastair Pear, played by Brickelodeon – Lynched Day 1 – Alignment Unknown

laurel_-_stump.png

Lauren Laurel, played by PirateDave84 – Felled Night 1 – Oak

buck_-_stump.png

Buck “Dollar” Poplar, played by Mencot – Felled Night 1 - Oak

catarina_-_stump.png

Catarina Dogwood, played by adventurer1 – Lynched Day 2 - Oak

agnes_-_stump.png

Agnes Cyprus, played by JackJonesPaw – Felled Night 2 - Oak

vicky_-_stump.png

Vicky Hickory, played by Stickfig – Felled Night 2 – Oak

larry_-_stump.png

Larry Larch, played by TheLazyChicken – Lynched Day 3 - Oak

clem_-_stump.png

Clem Elm, played by Scaevola – Felled Night 3 – Oak

bobby_-_stump2.png

Bobby Beech, played by Lord Duvors – Felled Night 3 - Oak

barry_-_hole.png

Barry Cherry, played by jluck – Felled Night 3 – Alignment Unknown

hazel_-_hole.png

Hazel Hazelnut, played by Goliath – Lynched Day 4 – Alignment Unknown

maggie_-_stump.png

Maggie Magnolia, played by Calanon – Felled Night 4 – Oak

waldorf_-_stump.png

Waldorf Walnut, played by jamesn – Felled Night 4 – Oak

berty_-_stump.png

Berty Birch, played by Dragonfire – Lynched Day 5 – Oak

nash_-_stump.png

Nash Ash, played by Zepher – Felled Night 5 – Oak

chester_-_stump.png

Chester Chestnut, played by Lego Spy – Felled Night 5 – Oak

peter_-_hole.png

Peter Cedar, played by badboytje88 – Felled Night 5 – Alignment Unknown

jack_-_stump.png

Jack Pine, played by mostlytechnic – Lynched Day 6 - Maple

william_-_stump.png

William Willow, played by Scubacarrot – Felled Night 6 – Oak

bruce_-_stump.png

Bruce Spruce, played by Tamamono – Felled Night 6 – Oak

adelaide_-_stump.png

Adelaide Apple, played by TinyPiesRUs – Lynched Day 7 – Oak

sue_-_stump2.png

Sue Sumac, played by Bob – Felled Night 7 - Maple

The Rules, by which we shall play:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Oaks or the Maples. To win the game, the Oaks must lynch or kill off all of the Maples, while the Maples need to outnumber the voting members of the Oaks. Any Third Party characters will have their own win conditions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.

7. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8a. If you are a Tree Stump, you MAY (and are encouraged to) continue to take part in the Day thread discussions. Tree Stumps may not Vote, they may not use Night Actions, and they cannot be voted for or targeted at night.

8b. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. Don't edit your posts.

10. You must post in every day thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.

12. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the host immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

Damn it, why couldn't we evaluate Waldorf!? The only way Lassie can be town is if he was naive.

Lassie and Sammy ought to immediately vote for one another, because one is the SK. This will prevent any weird things from happening. Then it's all in Simon's hands.

Oh? Sue was scum yet there's no scum kill. Was it the scum trying to kill Simon? Could have been the SK too... if he Vig abstained.

Sue was a Maple? She almost had me convinced with her oakiness/SK-iness.

This is really odd. If there were two Maples, the game would have ended with Adelaide's lynch. So I am fairly sure Sue was the last Maple. Which leaves only the SK to find and kill. I'm glad Simon's gambit paid off and ensured that there was a Day 8.

The SK killed Sue and Sue attempted to kill Simon (but failed).

Oh? Sue was scum yet there's no scum kill. Was it the scum trying to kill Simon? Could have been the SK too... if he Vig abstained.

At this point, I couldn't see the vig not abstaining. Way too risky to kill yet.

Damn it, why couldn't we evaluate Waldorf!? The only way Lassie can be town is if he was naive.

What? I don't follow.

Lassie and Sammy ought to immediately vote for one another, because one is the SK. This will prevent any weird things from happening. Then it's all in Simon's hands.

I don't mind if the SK wins... but I need to make sure there's no scum left. If it's not Bob attempting to kill Simon, what happened to the scum kill?

The SK killed Sue and Sue attempted to kill Simon (but failed).

That could do. But the way Alder presents it, Sue was dead when someone approached Simon... or is the order irrelevant?

What? I don't follow.

I don't mind if the SK wins... but I need to make sure there's no scum left. If it's not Bob attempting to kill Simon, what happened to the scum kill?

I think Berty sums it up best:

This is really odd. If there were two Maples, the game would have ended with Adelaide's lynch. So I am fairly sure Sue was the last Maple. Which leaves only the SK to find and kill. I'm glad Simon's gambit paid off and ensured that there was a Day 8.

After Adelaide's lynch, it would have been 2 town vs. 2 scum, meaning scum win. No, all the scum must be gone now, and there's just a SK. I think the vig abstained and the SK killed Sue.

But what did you say about Lassie? What's the link between the naive investigator and Lassie?

Sue was a Maple and Adelaide was an Oak?? :wacko:

Hey, somebody tried to kill me!!! :laugh::tongue: Nah nah nah nah nah. Good thing I'm so beautiful. :grin:

So, megabluck the codes.

Sammy came to me and Adelaide in private about an hour ago and told us Bob was dead and that he was Scum and that Adelaide was supposedly Town. Now he wants us not to vote today so we can all win. :look:

So, is Sammy the Serial Killer? Or is Lassie? I'm inclined to believe Lassie is the Serial Killer who killed Sue and Sammy tried to kill me. But it didn't work. :wub: Or Sue tried to kill me but Sammy or Lassie killed him? :wacko: What the...? :wacko: I'm so glad this will be over soon. I never considered Sammy as a possibility for Serial Killer. Not only was it his confidence in certain things and an overall Scummy vibe–constantly–but he was investigated as Town. I know there's the possibility that Waldorf was naive, but I can't imagine a host allowing a Serial Killer to investigate as Town. For example, if I were to use a naive investigator, which I wouldn't, I would make the Serial Killer unreadable to a naive. Recently, the way he talked about Waldorf and brought up the investigation again and the fact that Waldorf was killed that night says a lot. Still, someone killed Scum and I'm not the vig as I had been hinting. I was trying to draw the Scum kill, which it looks like I did. :tongue: Either way, I have no idea why Sammy would know all these things unless he was either Scum or Alder helped him figure out the scenarios by telling him (as the SK) who had died and what they flipped. :wacko: My brain just ached even considering all of this.

Is Lassie Scum? She seems like she'd make the perfect Serial Killer. She still played for the Town while keeping a lower profile. She said in private she didn't know how to find SKs. :laugh: That's really clever. It feels like either Sammy is the Serial Killer and Lassie is Town or Sammy is Scum and Lassie is the Serial Killer. I'm really freaking lost right now. I hope I'm not the only Oak. :cry_sad:

Hey Adelaide, your acting really sucks. :blush: Sorry we lynched you.

Sue, great game! You were the second to last person I thought was Scum.

My instincts suck this game... :sceptic:

Yeah.

I don't mind if the SK winsarrow-10x10.png... but I need to make sure there's no scum left. If it's not Bob attempting to kill Simon, what happened to the scum kill?

Sue targeted Simon. Period. OK?

And yes, you do mind if the SK wins, because if you're town then YOU WILL LOSE!

So you're suggesting the SK tried to kill me and the vig killed Sue? And there's no more Scum?

At this point, I couldn't see the vig not abstaining. Way too risky to kill yet.

I already said I'm not the vig. The vig is dead. The whole game ends today one way or another. It has to. No point in trying to draw the kill anymore. But, it worked! :grin:

Simon, there is no way that there are any Maples alive right now. There's only the SK.

Simon, I would be very surprised if there were any scum left.

Well it's interesting that Simon didn't receive the same information I have. I had no qualms revealing it, as we are allowed to reveal night results and this was presented to me as a night result -- even though I have no action. Of course, if Simon is the SK or scum he would already know that Sue was dead. But I agree that it's unlikely there's still a scum alive.

:cry_sad: Damn it, then which one is the Serial Killer? And why does everyone seems so Scummy to me all the time??

Are you guys sure? You also voted Adelaide as the Scummiest out of our numbers yesterday.

If Sammy is Scum and Lassie is the Serial Killer, are they going to lynch me? :cry_sad: I deserve it for being so off in my instincts. :facepalm: I have freaking school work to do. I wish this game would stop being so interesting.

Well it's interesting that Simon didn't receive the same information I have. I had no qualms revealing it, as we are allowed to reveal night results and this was presented to me as a night result -- even though I have no action. Of course, if Simon is the SK or scum he would already know that Sue was dead. But I agree that it's unlikely there's still a scum alive.

I cannot imagine why you would be told that Sue was Scum, or even dead and I wouldn't be told the same info. I was told there would be a Day 8 and that the rules were changing. Why would Alder tell you more than me?

Either Waldorf was naive or it's Lassie. I'm tempted to say vote Lassie just for the mechanics of it.

What happened with Sammy? He was told Sue had died and was scum? That's scummy. What the hell?

So you're suggesting the SK tried to kill me and the vig killed Sue? And there's no more Scum?

That's one possibility. Or that Sue tried to kill you and SK killed her, as was mentioned.

Oh, I forgot. Sammy was asking me and Lassie if we were protector or blocker or knew any reason the Scum wouldn't be able to kill. Then he suggested that none of us vote so we can all win.

If we could all win...there wouldn't be a Day 8! This is painfully obvious. My brain is unlocking now. You're something you're not supposed to be.

I'm just putting this out in the open, as it's the last day so there's nothing to lose.

Simon is the Bulletproof Townie. Or at least, he was until last night. He soft-claimed vigilante to draw the scum kill (and succeeded). Simon is clear, Sammy.

Sammy was investigated to be a Townie. If Waldorf was legit, Sammy is Town. If he was naive, Sammy could be Town or the SK.

Not that anybody who is non-Town isn't supposed to be. That's the nature of the game. I don't think less of you for being randomly selected to be the liar in a game about lying. :blush:

What happened with Sammy? He was told Sue had died and was scum? That's scummy. What the hell?

Let's hear from Lassie. There was more info given to me but I need to check if I can share it. I thought all three of us had a similar PM.

Sue was a Maple and Adelaide was an Oak?? :wacko:

Hey, somebody tried to kill me!!! :laugh::tongue: Nah nah nah nah nah. Good thing I'm so beautiful. :grin:

So, megabluck the codes.

Sammy came to me and Adelaide in private about an hour ago and told us Bob was dead and that he was Scum and that Adelaide was supposedly Town. Now he wants us not to vote today so we can all winarrow-10x10.png. :look:

Wait what? Sammy claimed Scum to you?