Party Lines Mafia - Conclusion: Discharge Petition

Anyone can post here!!

3LQn8jm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 25, 1994

New Brickland

Evening

2B0scKi.png

After Molly left with the TV crew, the rest of the representatives lingered in the legislature for a little longer...

Jz90wkA.png

"Well, what now, Town Block? What's the plan for tonight? Please don't tell me, I don't want to know." Siegfried mutters. The anxiety is getting to him.

8pFGTPt.png

Stepping forward, the spokesman for the Town Block, Archie, announces, "Molly was the last scum! We did it! We won! We can all go back to being friends again!"

"I was never your friend, ya whippersnapper!" Peter growls.

m5Tk3uV.png

Suddenly, Lloyd smacks Archie in the face with a large wrench!

Everyone gasps.

"You're a plumber!?"

ZDpL67e.png

Archie is knocked out cold. Poor kid.

FMWQeoi.png

"A-ha!" Siegfried exclaims, point the finger. "Finally, you show your hand! Lloyd, you are the last scum!"

"Wait, that's totally unfair to the scum..." Addie says. "Three members and no neutrals? Weak!"

"Wait, how is it the conclusion...?" Bjorn wonders aloud. "If Lloyd's still being scummy, don't we get to lynch him on Day 8?"

uRNMWht.png

"Oh, I've had enough of this!" Tiny exclaims, pulling out a large camera. "This game needs to end already, seriously!"

"Tiny's going rogue, everybody - watch this vigilante in action!" Siegfried says gleefully. He's feeling like his old self again.

"Wait, he has a wrench and you have a camera... What are you even going to do with that??" Bjorn wonders aloud again. He should shut up.

OvY60u7.png

"This!" Tiny yells as he smacks Bjorn in the head.

"Ow."

facwZxR.png

Poor Bjorn.

eziy6va.png

"Tiny, you saved us!" Siegfried exclaims. "I always knew Bjorn was out to get me! He was the mole - it was him! We're saved!"

"Uh, aren't you forgetting about me?" Lloyd asks, somewhat indignantly. "I'm scum too!"

"Go get him, Tiny!" Siegfried sighs with relief. "I always knew I could depend on you!"

WD1SG8O.png

Addie produces a large bat and smacks him on the head.

"Wait, maybe this is a trick...unh." Siegfried groans as he loses consciousness.

bJEHErJ.png

"Well, that was fun." Addie says.

January 26, 1994

New Brickland

Morning

BnBmI46.png

The new Speaker takes her seat.

"Now we will vote on LR 617 - a resolution to hand the government over to the Octan Corporation. All in favor?"

c1mwlqF.png

"Aye!"

ym7IQpC.png

"Aye!"

hMdMups.png

"In a vote of 3-0, the resolution passes!" the Speaker exclaims, bringing down the gavel.

rvSGbnN.png

Suddenly, two more friendly faces enter the legislature, wearing spiffy jumpsuits.

mbJ78WI.png

"Hey everybody - were back!" Stanley yells.

"The boss is coming, everybody - be quiet!" says Sinclair.

1ZEJnff.png

In walks... the security guard!

"Hey guys, thanks for your great work!" he says as he descends the stairs. "I couldn't have done it without you all. You're all rockstars!"

"Wait, what about John Octan!?" someone asks.

DvSA4ii.png

"Ohoho, don't worry! John Octan is just a figure head - like the Marlboro Man! I'm the real brains of the operation - Jimmy Octan!"

"He bailed us out of jail!" "He's the best!"

Mx7QYAh.png

The other door opens and a couple more familiar faces enter.

"Heyyyyy, everybody~!!" Molly exclaims.

95Fl6en.png

Former Justice Montgomery grumbles to himself. "Why did he have to put me on security in this new government!?"

"Yooo~hoo~~!"

T35boLb.png

"It's great to see you all again!" Molly exclaims.

"Wait, weren't you just a dumb Loyal?" Tiny asks.

"Nope - I only joined the legislature for the publicity! I'm a grave digger, baby - gotta get me a rich legislative hubby, yo!"

aJ2Uqxl.png

"And that's me!" Jimmy exclaims happily. "She's my trophy wife! Now I'm not lonely anymore!"

"He's so rich, you guys - you wouldn't believe it!"

DAnqCPH.png

Congrats to the winners of Party Lines Mafia! From the impeached Sinclair Viola (Scaevola), the Octan Press Secretary and Stanley Figurelli (StickFig), the Octan Photographer, to the recruited Lloyd Spalding (LegoSpy), to the wily but brilliant "Tiny" Peter Rutherford (TPRU), the Octan Whip, and last but not least, the Octan Lobbyist - Addie Tremain (adventurer1).

And let's not forget the loveable jester Molly Callaghan (Mencot), the Independent Publicity Hound!"

Thanks for playing, everyone - winners and losers! What a great game. I'll have lots more goodies up soon!

The Players:

The Speaker:

9pFILPh.pngAddie Tremain - played by adventurer1 - Won! - Octan Lobbyist and Speaker

Bio: Addie Tremain, now in her second term, is a real ballbuster. She pushes hard for what she believes in, and together with Gerald Hatley, the Silver City representative, she gets a lot of legislation passed. She's heralded as somewhat of a hero back home in Galactic City, although most of the legislation she passes is actually terrible for them, despite what she makes them believe. She's got quite a way with people! she's also very interested in poaching, for some reason.

Role: You are the Octan Lobbyist. Because of your influence in this scene, you will show up "Not Octan" to investigation.

Action: Once per game you have the ability to bribe one other player, wooing them over to your side. On nights when you choose to do this, your team can't use the Photographer action.

Win condition: You win when Octan outnumbers the Loyals.

Comments - awesome play. Everyone knew you were scum, yet nobody lynched you. :laugh: You held everyone off very well. But, like def said, you won't be able to claim "newbie" anymore! Brace for the incoming night 1 kills.

The Old Dogs:

5jpmdrA.png Siegfried Dixon - played by Speedy - Knocked out in the Conclusion - Loyal Speaker

Congratulations, you've been elected to Party Lines Mafia! In this game of wits and strategy you will be playing...

Bio: One of the most senior representatives in the legislature, Siegfried Dixon represent the capital - good old New Brickland. After so many years in this regal building, however, he's gotten a bit bored. Recently he's taken to playing elaborate pranks on the speaker - the latest of which has involved an ostrich, a bottle of ketchup, and several rolls of toilet paper.

Role: You are a Loyal Representative.

Action: You have no actions to use during the night phase, but you do have the power of your vote.

Win condition: You win when all threats to the Loyals have been eliminated

Later role:

Role: You are a Loyal Speaker.

Action: As the Speaker, you have several new responsibilities:

-If at the end of the day, a player you are voting for has not achieved a majority by one vote, your vote becomes a hammer.

-If at the end of the day, two players are tied in votes, you are the tiebreaker (this doesn't apply if no majority would be reached even with your vote).

-Once per night you have the ability to visit one player who did not vote. You steal their vote and are able to use it during the next Day phase (submitted to me via PM). That player also can't post during the first 24 hours of the next Day phase.

Comments: You were a bit off your game this time, but it happens to everyone once in a while. The StickFig lynch was really good, and I was happy to see you on a roll with him and Scaevola. I could give you a bunch of "shoulda, coulda, wouldas", but in the end there was no way you were going to not lynch Piratedave and Bob. It was an unfortunate game for town. Thank you for playing and giving it your all anyway.

wZrZjlO.png Maurice Teichman - played by mostlytechnic - Photographed Night Four - Loyal Spy

Bio: Entering his eighth term this session, Maurice Teichman has represented the good people of Technic Valley for over twenty years. Technic Valley has recently become the tech-capital of the world - from smartphones to computers to tablets, they do it all. While Maurice puts off a cool-guy, tech-savvy aura, he's actually old and has no idea what these gadgets do. Why are their televisions so small? Why do you keep taking picture of themselves?

Role: You are the Loyal Spy.

Action: Once per night you have the ability to spy on one player. You will be informed of who visits that player (if anyone), AND of who that player visits (if anyone).

Comments: Good, solid play. You've always been a pretty solid player. Town should have realized that since you tracked Bob and found him doing nothing, he had about a 98% chance of being the (non-killing) godfather as scum, making his lynch sub-optimal. And, if they believed the godfather was the killer, that means Bob was town.

JHDS9RS.png Winnifred Karchevsky - played by Walter - Photographed Night One - Loyal Tabloid Writer

Bio: Unofficial leader of the "Old Dogs Club" and representative from far-away Galactic City, Winnifred Karchevsky is entering her ninth term this session. By day, she's a real stickler for the rules - and is not so happy about some of the party animals in her caucus. By night, however, she becomes... Madame K, thrill seeker extraordinaire.

Role: You are the Loyal Tabloid Writer.

Action: Once per night you have the ability to write a column on one player, exposing whatever wild scandal they may be a part of. Shamed, your target will undoubtedly issue a condemning statement and retire from politics for the rest of the game.

Comments: I think you have the worst luck of any mafia player in the history of the game. Your original target for night one was the PGO, and then you ended up getting redirected to yourself by TinyPies! Your death was a real shame; you were active, helpful, and invested in the game (which you were even after death). Very good job regardless.

4GuyyJ0.png"Tiny" Peter Rutherford - played by TPRU - Won! - Octan Whip

Bio: At exactly five feet tall, "Tiny" Peter Rutherford is the shortest member of the legislature. He's also one of the longest-serving! Along with Winnifred Karchevsky, he formed the Old Dogs club a few years back to provide a place for the elderly members of the legislature to share war stories and aspirin. He has somewhat of a drinking problem.

Role: You are the Octan Whip

Action: Once per night you have the ability to "whip" one other player, redirecting any action they may have to another target of your choice.

Comments: Do I even have to say it, you sly bastard? :wub: You're the best.

X4RYdjD.png Carol Nottingham - played by Calanon - Impeached Day One - Loyal

Bio: The granddaughter of one of the first representatives of LEGOLand, Carol Nottingham comes from a long line of public servants. Unfortunately, her family always seems to be on the wrong side of history. Her grandfather voted for a resolution that would have dumped all of the nations nuclear waste in the New Brickland bay. Her uncle petitioned to make dog meat the official food of the city. Her father repeatedly insisted that all government should be suspended to allow for a leader from the Red Coyote Cult. Carol doesn't want to be bound by the mistakes of the other Nottinghams, though, so she's tried throughout her six terms to only vote for things that won't be frowned upon in the future. This has resulted in her not actually voting - ever. Additionally, she has four grandkids, loves to knit, and takes copious amounts of pills on the daily.

Action: You have no actions to use during the night phase, but you do have the power of your vote.

Comments: I don’t really get your lynch. You weren’t towntelling, but you didn’t seem particularly scummy either. I’ve got you down as the victim of another Day 1 in my book. Defend yourself more, though!

The Legislative Veterans:

ttppHrb.png J. Leroy King - played by jluck - Photographed Night One - Loyal

Bio: A representative from Silver City, J. Leroy King will be entering your third term this session. While not a member of the "Old Dogs Club" by far, he's been in the legislature long enough to feel comfortable here. Unfortunately, however, he never has been and never will be a true player of the political game. His true dream is to mine for gold - a dream that never truly "panned" out.

Comments: Scum killed you for being obvious town, and you were. You were very helpful and pro-town – good job! You’re really improving as a player. Trust me, getting killed night one is a good sign. :laugh:

VsewC2i.pngLloyd Spalding - played by Lego Spy - Won! - Octan

Bio: Ambitious, bright, and driven, Lloyd Spalding is a rising star. For the past few years since he was elected, he's been trying to get better insurance laws for the business owners of Super City, his hometown. Weirdly enough, their establishments keep getting destroyed by weirdos in spandex! Lloyd sees where they're coming from with their desire to dress up and destroy things, though; he also has a deep-seeded desire to put on tights and do kung fu on a lamppost or something.

Comments: You weren't very visible as a townie, yet didn't get much suspicion. You played like good scum all game, but were town for most of the game! :laugh: Work on sniffing out scum and you'll be a really good all-around player. :thumbup:

BN1UsK1.png Bobby Benedict - played by Bob - Impeached Day Six - Loyal

Bio: Now entering his second term, Bobby Benedict is the pinnacle of political stereotypes. He doesn't actually do anything in his time in the legislature - he feels like his time is better spent at fundraisers getting ready for his next run. Four years isn't so far away, after all! He's also really into male prostitutes, like many other politicians.

Comments: Oh, Bob! You played so well - but against the wrong team! :laugh: You were spot on with your other accusations, though, so good job. You should have pushed harder for adventurer on Day 2. You could have gotten her lynched.

BT44Jw8.pngBjorn Borchard - played by badboytje88 - Knocked out in the Conclusion - Loyal Journalist

Bio: As the only representative from Owlville, Bjorn Borchard takes his job very seriously. Formerly a professor at Frogwarts University, the most prestigious institution in the country, Bjorn willingly left his job to represent the people of the small town when the former representative, Dumble Dolan, was tragically killed. In his time here, Bjorn has unfortunately been very unsuccessful, and usually just ends up making a mess of things. He's a great illegal gambler though.

Role: You are the Loyal Journalist.

Action: Once per night you have the ability to investigate one player to see where their true interests lie. You will find that they are either Octan or Not Octan.

Comments: You weren't as active in the day thread as I had hoped you'd be, but you played well nonetheless. You shouldn't have let Tiny Pies convince you to investigate def twice! Mencot was the only unchecked person - he would have been a much better choice.

g6bOfXf.png Bryant Laughlin - played by Brickelodeon - Photographed Night Two - Loyal

Bio: Bryant Laughlin is entering his tenth term this year, but he hates this job. Why do the people keep electing him? Curse those write-in ballots. He's technically been around longer than any of the Old Dogs, but he hates them too, and refuses to associate with their silly societies. All he wants to do is be a drag racer, but Lord knows you can't do that when you're in the public eye!

Comments: As soon as you get the chance to play, you die! It’s always a shame when these things happen.

CyXhKYY.png Sinclair Viola - played by Scaevola - Impeached Day Four and Won! - Octan Press Secretary

Bio: One of the few actual pirates left in the bay of Puesta del Sol, Sinclair Viola was elected because of his swashbuckling charm and great hair, both which he now has to keep in an orderly manner. He has no particular reason for wanting to be a politician except - smoking Cuban cigars all day just got boring. He's still a pirate at heart, though, and frequently terrorizes shops at night.

Role: You are the Octan Press Secretary.

Action: Once per night you have the ability to protect one player from bad publicity.

Comments: See StickFig’s evaluation – those all apply to you too (barring the night action one). Don’t jump on the bandwagon for a mayor/Speaker/whatever vote for someone you don't know is town, especially when it has more than one person on it, and even more so when it’s your partner. Nice defenses against Goliath on your last day. If you hadn’t been investigated, even I’d have objected to your lynch.

Q69vFEg.png Gerald Hatley - played by Goliath - Photographed Night Five - Loyal Drug Dealer

Bio: Messy, disheveled, and awkward, Gerald Hatley is probably the anti-public figure. Still, he's turned out for his second term to represent the good people of Silver City. Although he isn't the best groomed guy in the legislature, he's very interested in progress. In fact, last session, almost half of all bills passed were authored by him! Which is strange, because he's dyslexic.

Role: You are the Loyal Drug Dealer.

Action: Once per night you have the ability to give somebody downers, preventing them from doing anything that night.

Comments: Much stronger game than Cosplay Mafia - good job. You had the right instincts and really invested yourself in the game. Take it a bit easier, though - nobody means it personally when they try to lynch you Day 1! You have the makings of an excellent player. I want to see you as scum.

The Freshmen:

8RNqZ2v.png Jacob Palacios - played by JackJonespaw - Impeached Day Two - Loyal Introvert

Bio: The nephew of Winnifred Karchevsky, Jacob Palacios is entering his first term as a representative of Galactic City. This is a huge opportunity, but he's happy to just sit back and relax. To be fair, it was definitely nepotism that got him here, but he doesn't mind. He just wants lifetime benefits and a good pension.

Role: You are the Loyal Introvert. You hate drawing attention to yourself, so you cannot vote.

Action: You have no actions to use during the night phase. However, if a member of the press tries to visit you at night, you'll surely beat them senseless.

Comments: I know you got the hardest role, but you could have posted more than once per Day. Also, where did I ever say that you weren't able to tell people you were voteless!?

en5wnDn.png Pierce Davy - played by Piratedave - Impeached Day Five - Loyal

Bio: Pierce Daly is a freshman representative from the island of Puesta del Sol. One of the last remaining members of the Malone family, he's the nephew of Abbot Malone. Young and ambitious, he hopes to bring glory back to the Malone name - this time in a legal way. However, that's going to be a bit difficult when he himself has a hard time sticking to the strictly legal. He has a bit of a penchant for orgies in animal suits.

Comments: If you'd spent as much time fighting your lynch as you did defending your decision to give up, you might have gotten someone else lynched! I can understand the sentiment, though. Don't give up!!

PcNoVsX.png Archie Matthews - played by Adam - Knocked out in the Conclusion - Loyal Press Secretary

Bio: Archie Matthews, only eighteen, is the youngest person to ever be elected to the legislature. Nobody's really sure how he did it, but it seems like his upbeat, positive attitude was a breath of fresh air to the sad residents of Galactic City. Archie hopes to be president someday, and that might actually happen. That is, if he gets rid of his teddy bear...

Role: You are the Loyal Press Secretary.

Action: Once per night you have the ability to protect one player from bad publicity.

Comments: Awesome as usual. You really took charge in this game, which I thought was great. It's a shame that you didn't catch TinyPies - I thought that if anyone would, it'd be you! It was a pleasure to have you, though.

HFcIbOR.pngMolly Callaghan - played by Mencot - Impeached and Won! - Independent Publicity Hound

Bio: Freshman representative from the grand old land of Brickshire, Molly Callaghan is ready and willing to make changes in this government. She won her seat in an upset of Francis Holmes, the representative of thirty years; the people of Brickshire sent a message that they were ready for change, and so she needs to deliver now. Although, she first has to change her terrible drinking habit.

Role: You are the Independent Publicity Hound. You're done with the whole political scene, but want to go out in a blaze of glory - you want to be impeached!

Action: Once per night you have the ability to visit one player. Your visit does nothing, but will show up to certain informative roles like you've actually done something.

Win condition: You win if you are impeached, but only if you follow these rules as well:

You may not:

-tell players you want to be impeached

-request to be impeached

-claim to be scum or an independent

Additionally, if you are taken out during the night, survive to the end, or if you are impeached on Day one - YOU LOSE

Comments: You were too absurd to lynch!! Everyone put you on the backburner until literally everyone else was checked. Be slimier next time you role jester!

kGJQcov.png Stanley Figurelli - played by Stickfig - Impeached Day Three and Won! - Octan Photographer

Bio: The Mesolithic Farmlands have long been the main supplier of the country's fruits, vegetables, and livestock. However, their population has never been large enough to warrant its own representative - until now, it's been counted as a precinct as Silver City. However, after some successful lobbying, Stanley Figurelli finally convinced the government to allow the Mesolithic people a representative - and they chose it to be him! He's still new at this whole politics thing, as is made clear by his late 19th century dress, but that's okay! He's also a serious party animal; he particularly enjoys body shots.

Role: You are the Octan Photographer.

Action: Once per night you have the ability to photograph one player, exposing whatever wild scandal they may be a part of. Shamed, your target will undoubtedly issue a condemning statement and retire from politics for the rest of the game.

Comments: Aside from voting Calanon for Speaker on Day One, you were very good. You were decidedly middle-of-the-road in participation, though, which is a big scumtell to experienced players. Here’s a short list of things that distinguished you as such (and made you a viable target for the lynch)

1. As a general rule, “poking” players only works on the first Day. After that, vote your conscience and, unless you’re convinced otherwise, stick to it.

2. Don’t suck up to the town leaders. Either exhibit no opinion on them or go hard against them. Act stubborn and paranoid – like town.

3. When you claim to have a night action, always always ALWAYS claim to have targeted the people you actually targeted!! There is always about a 1% chance that you were tracked/your target was watched, but don’t take that risk. If you’d claimed to have killed jluck, you’d likely have been trusted and taken into the town circle.

Awesome play though; you show a lot of potential - this goes for Scaevola too!

Night actions

Night 1

Town

Speedy steals Mencot's vote and silences him - success

Walter kills Jackjonespaw - failure, he gets redirected to himself (Jack was a PGO anyway :laugh:)

mostly watches and tracks Walter, sees TPRU target him and Walter target no one

Goliath blocks adventurer1 - success

badboy investigates Speedy, finds out he's Not Octan

Adam protects Speedy - success

Ind

Mencot visits adventurer1

Scum

Stickfig kills jluck - success

TPRU redirects Walter to himself - success, kills Walter

Scaevola protects adventurer1 - success

Night 2

Town

Speedy steals LegoSpy's vote and silences him - success

mostly watches and tracks Bob, sees no one target him and him target no one

Goliath doesn't send in an action

badboy investigates Goliath, finds out he's Not Octan

Ind

Mencot doesn't send in an action

Scum

Stickfig kills Brickeloden - success

TPRU redirects Goliath to himself - success, but Goliath didn't do anything so it does nothing

Scaevola protects adventurer1 - success

Night 3

Town

Speedy can't target anyone

mostly watches and tracks Goliath - failure, is blocked

Goliath blocks Piratedave - failure, is redirected to mostlytechnic

badboy investigates Scaevola, finds out he's Octan

Ind

Mencot targets Speedy

Scum

Scaevola inherits the kill

adventurer1 converts Speedy - failure

TPRU redirects Goliath to mostly - success, mostly is blocked

Night 4

Town

mostly watches and tracks Adam - failure, is killed

Goliath blocks Bob - success

badboy investigates LegoSpy, finds out he's Not Octan

Ind

Mencot targets Speedy

Scum

TPRU inherits the kill and kills mostlytechnic

Night 5

Town

Goliath blocks Bob - success

badboy investigates adventurer1, finds out she's Not Octan

Ind

Mencot targets Adam

Scum

TPRU kills Goliath

Night 6

Town

badboy investigates Speedy, finds out she's Not Octan

Adam protects TPRU - success

Ind

Mencot doesn't send in an action

Scum

adventurer1 converts LegoSpy - success

Night 7

Town

badboy investigates adventurer1, finds out she's Not Octan

Adam protects TPRU - failure, he's dead

Scum

TPRU kills Adam, scum wins

Edited by Tamamono

Hahhahhaa what a great conclusion, I´ll drink to that :laugh_hard: ... Oh yea, I needed to stop that because the game is over :classic:

Great game, thanks to everyone for making it and especially our host for running this and making it intresting, it was a blast. (Sorry town :blush: )

My role was to get impeached in daythread and that is why I played like I did.

And I actually apologize (also Speedy :classic: ) for annoying, ruining, making angry etc etc. It was all part of the game and nothing personal, hopefuly seeing you all in other games.

PS. Speedy you should just had me impeached on day 2 (it would had spared many grey hairs on you others :blush: ), that is why I tried so hard to annoy you back then, thanks for trying to stick up for me.

But because of my role I didn´t need it.

PS. Speedy you should just had me impeached on day 2 (it would had spared many grey hairs on you others :blush: ), that is why I tried so hard to annoy you back then, thanks for trying to stick up for me.

But because of my role I didn´t need it.

You acted too absurdly to lynch. :laugh: Don't annoy everyone as Jester, act scummy like Scaevola and StickFig!! :tongue:

Woooooo scum woooooooooooo.

I mean, no, I'm the vigilante! Or is it TPRU?

You acted too absurdly to lynch. :laugh: Don't annoy everyone as Jester, act scummy like Scaevola and StickFig!! :tongue:

Yea I know but it was so fun :grin:

But I will know better next time (if I ever land this role again :sweet: ) because I was getting really worried when days just passed that I won´t be lynched and nearly gave up in, good thing I didn´t :tongue: .

Too bad, I won't know what happened until night one's two kills are explained. I was right about some stuff, wrong about others.

There was no chance that I could have expected five scum in a game of eighteen players.

Congrats, Octan!

So, my big questions for how we got duped so bad: Was there a vig night one? And Pies, did you know they was no vig when you claimed it to me? If not, that was ballsy play!

There was no chance that I could have expected five scum in a game of eighteen players.

With no SK, I had to tip the scales a bit - thus the conversion action. LegoSpy was town until Night 6. To be fair, though, it was a very difficult action to be successful with, and if they had tried to convert JackJonespaw he would have killed the converter. :laugh:

So, my big questions for how we got duped so bad: Was there a vig night one? And Pies, did you know they was no vig when you claimed it to me? If not, that was ballsy play!

Yep, it was Walter Kovacs. TinyPies was a redirector (the whip), and for some reason he decided to redirect Kovacs onto himself on the first night. When Kovacs showed up dead, they all figured out what happened on the scumboard.

Very unlucky then.

Honestly, five scum in a game of eighteen is really too high, regardless of serial killer. All the same, with scums luck night one, once Pies was considered vig, we were cooked, even if there were only four, so it was pretty much a lock for scum.

I was suspicious that Pies was scum in the last days when there was no vig, and sent a PM saying as much. But, even though Bob thinks I can just order the vig to kill, I can't, and never tell people they have to do something with their town roles. So, I wanted him to kill Adventurer, and he claimed he was being cautious not to kill, and I had to accept it. Too bad.

Amazing performance by TPRU, I have to say first and foremost. The hat I'm not even wearing goes off to you, sir. I was screaming that we were all being played by def, but it turns out we were all being played by you. Spectacular work by the entire scum team actually.

Secondly, def! Why can't you trust me more?! I know more often than not we end up on opposite teams, but there's times we do end up together. I'm sorry for going so hard against you, but I blame you partially as well for trusting TPRU so much and not questioning the lack of any vig kills since Night One. That being said, I was right on the money with adventurer1 the whole game pretty much, then she reached out to me offering to side with me, so I blindingly accepted her help because I needed all the votes I could get. I wasn't sure you were scum right away, that's why I didn't vote for you instantly. I almost changed my vote on you a few times, but all the taunts and whatnot made me sure it was you trying to be arrogant. I didn't see you as your usual townie self for some reason. Add to that I kept on seeing evidence that either wasn't there, was completely wrong, or was right, but didn't implicate you. At any rate, you were Jesus'd this game.

Thirdly, I'd like to make a comment about C&D. I wish that people didn't keep posting there during Day Six. If anything, it emboldened me and made me push harder against def. I kept thinking "Oh, everyone is paying attention now, I must be doing something right!"

Fourth, I have to say town was screwed the moment we lynched Piratedave, I think. Mencot would have been lynched and then I probably would have been scum killed by the "Vig", or maybe there would have been a conversion, and I would have been lynched yesterday instead. Either way, good job to Mencot for being lynched. I never considered jester, largely since he's like this most games.

Lastly, amazing game Tammo. The House of Cards Mafia was certainly worth the wait! Excellent idea, performance, and execution. Did you just take a political sciences course, though? :tongue:

Secondly, def! Why can't you trust me more?!

What are you talking about? You did a theatrical performance where you proclaimed me LIAR! I should have trusted you when you when you tried to throw the whole game over onto me because I had lynched two scum? It was so so ridiculous.

Very enjoyable game to follow, Tammo! I agree that 5 out of 18 is a little high as far as scum ratio goes, but that doesn't mean that they didn't play a very smart game (and the neutral did a nice job too, though it was spectacularly bad timing for the town side of things). Overall I thought everyone played extremely well, and even though the ratio was high and the scum got radically lucky night one (heck, it happens to town and scum alike in some games) I think everyone did a very nice job! :thumbup:

It was a fun theme too, and well presented. :thumbup: I look forward to the day when I have time to participate in Mafia once again!

Thanks for hosting Tammo, it was a lot of fun! :sweet: Great presentation, and very funny at times too.

I'm actually quite surprised we managed to pull off a win. Things weren't looking great when Sitckfig and Scaevola were lynched and we had a couple of close calls, but everything came into place after that and we lucked out. I don't think we would have been able to pull it off any other way - if anyone but Piratedave, Bob and Mencot (thanks Mencot!) were lynched, we would have been in trouble. Adventurer was under some scrutiny from beginning to end, and there were only so many times the town was going to buy me not using my vig-kill. :laugh: I'm not sure we would've been able to survive if anything went wrong and we had to play a Day 8.

I might be a bit biased, but I think the one-shot conversion was fine. It was a big risk to use (we weren't allowed to kill on the same night) and we had no way of verifying who was convertible and who wasn't.

What are you talking about? You did a theatrical performance where you proclaimed me LIAR! I should have trusted you when you when you tried to throw the whole game over onto me because I had lynched two scum? It was so so ridiculous.

Go read the deadboard :) Everyone in there was screaming at you about how you and bob needed to get off each others' throats and think about what was being said. Sure, bob's suggestion that you were a scum that'd bussed two other scum was extreme, but not impossible. More importantly was questioning everything that was going on. With so few night kills, there HAD HAD HAD to be a weird role out there. I know I'd suggested an alien jailkeeper in the inner circle PM, since one night someone was blocked AND I was unsuccessful watching them. Turns out it was a redirector, but still... SOMETHING unusual had to be in the roles and no one was even considering it!

And really, it wouldn't have been that crazy for you to have bussed 2 with what happened. One claimed vig with a lie and was caught - you'd have had to vote for them. And the other was investigated, so again, you'd HAVE to vote for them too. So no, you being scum was NOT impossible and not even really improbable! (and since we in the deadboard knew there was a redirector, we knew bob didn't have to be correct about all the PRs being dead. IF you were scum you could have left them and just kept redirecting their actions)

Go read the deadboard :) Everyone in there was screaming at you about how you and bob needed to get off each others' throats and think about what was being said. Sure, bob's suggestion that you were a scum that'd bussed two other scum was extreme, but not impossible. More importantly was questioning everything that was going on. With so few night kills, there HAD HAD HAD to be a weird role out there. I know I'd suggested an alien jailkeeper in the inner circle PM, since one night someone was blocked AND I was unsuccessful watching them. Turns out it was a redirector, but still... SOMETHING unusual had to be in the roles and no one was even considering it!

And really, it wouldn't have been that crazy for you to have bussed 2 with what happened. One claimed vig with a lie and was caught - you'd have had to vote for them. And the other was investigated, so again, you'd HAVE to vote for them too. So no, you being scum was NOT impossible and not even really improbable! (and since we in the deadboard knew there was a redirector, we knew bob didn't have to be correct about all the PRs being dead. IF you were scum you could have left them and just kept redirecting their actions)

Bob was saying 500 things, and only one of them were right. I don't feel bad that the one thing he said that was correct was lost in that. If he wanted to get that vig thing across, burying it in what he did wasn't the way. It also made things worse for me in the town block. Instead of me working with them, I had to pull out... because of Bob's nonsense. Pies played up recruitment suspicion to Badboy and Adam, but Bob's nonsense made them have to investigate me again. Maybe if Bob hadn't insisted that the vote come down to me and him, we could have lynched Adventurer. I called Mencot as neutral, I was not crazy to lynch him at any point, other than that he was annoying and getting in the way. But when Bob tried to make it all about me, well, it became all about him.

Really, since Pies used his redirection skill on Badboy, I guess, to get a false read on Adventurer, we were lucky to push past that and still want to take her out. I wanted her out in a few places.

The single kill on night two when Adam protected me was also bad luck. It seemed plausible that the protection on me was successful, meaning the vig was alive. That was a bad assumption. Brickelodeon just looked like a vig kill choice. That was a smart scum kill.

Honestly, scum had a super-lucky first night, and Pies worked it well, playing it soft instead of hard, and scum won. I don't feel particularly bad about it. I have doubts many others could have turned that around.

And yes, it would be ridiculous to bus two. You know that I went after Stickfig, and that I suggested Scaevola to be investigated. It was REALLY improbable. REALLY, REALLY improbable. Like, less than 1%. Not that I'd vote for scum, but that I'd push for their lynch before anyone else. I was already after Stickfig when he got caught lying. He couldn't have been caught without me forcing his hand. I'm sorry, but that was the most frustrating part of all that thing with Bob. If you guys all want to play mafia where the person leading two scum lynches is the best choice to be lynched... I don't want to play like that. It's absolutely counter-intuitive.

When I lost in Heartlake Mafia way back when, that was the game set up, I really think (secret cult, with a second cult leader). I didn't feel bad, since I considered it an unwinnable game. This one... if it had played out without such a disastrous night one, maybe it would have been unbalanced. I strongly think five scum is too much. But, that is not the reason we lost. We lost it largely because of the night one situation (including the luck of scum having the watcher see Pies 'kill' Kovacs, which is the only reason we got anywhere near Pies). So, I don't feel bad here either. I played my usual game, I did the best I could, but the circumstances were poor. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

But I have to disagree with you about pulling the nugget of truth out of Bob's rants, or that people who lead lynches on scum are good choices for lynch.

The game was amazing, thanks TPRU!

Good job scum, you played a good/great game.

I had WAY more fun watching then playing this one!

I have one question, was TPRU included in the block without having been investigated?

I have one question, was TPRU included in the block without having been investigated?

He was included after Stickfig's coming up scum. Kovacs died, only Pies had targeted him, so he, by elimination, had to be the one who killed him. And that wasn't the case. But who would take that info and say it was due to redirection against himself?

Looking back, it wasn't foolproof. Maybe the scum had chosen to kill him, and the vig someone else. But it made the chance that he was claiming vig sooo unlikely. Basically, the only other circumstance that could make it so that the scum knew the vig was dead was that they role checked the vig as they killed them, which is very very conservative in a scum game. Once Stickfig was shown to be Octan, that meant Pies was safe. His claim could be counter-claimed by the real vig otherwise. It was just a super lucky first night that gave a lot of info to 'clear' Pies. And we were conservative even still. MostlyTechnic, Badboy, Adam, and Goliath were all in the group PM a few pages of PM before Pies was let in.

I've played a game where a recruited PR loses their PR, so after the whole Bob thing, I was worried that Pies was recruited and simply couldn't kill (that's roughly what I told him in PM), but I wouldn't have pushed that theory on day eight or whatever the last day was. Maybe on day nine, with another no vig kill night.

I've won games the exact same way in the past, so I doubt I'll be a lot more conservative in the future. It's just a game, and you play the cards you're dealt.

Really fun one to watch...8 days of gameplay shows how competitive it was. Thanks for hosting! Wish I hadn't been out so early but someone has to go, I'll be back for the next one.

Trpu, bold and brilliant playing. Def, way to hold things together for town. Bob, way to question the assumptions. Mencot...you died as you were supposed to so...good job :wink:

Bob was saying 500 things, and only one of them were right. I don't feel bad that the one thing he said that was correct was lost in that. If he wanted to get that vig thing across, burying it in what he did wasn't the way. It also made things worse for me in the town block. Instead of me working with them, I had to pull out... because of Bob's nonsense. Pies played up recruitment suspicion to Badboy and Adam, but Bob's nonsense made them have to investigate me again. Maybe if Bob hadn't insisted that the vote come down to me and him, we could have lynched Adventurer. I called Mencot as neutral, I was not crazy to lynch him at any point, other than that he was annoying and getting in the way. But when Bob tried to make it all about me, well, it became all about him.

Honestly, scum had a super-lucky first night, and Pies worked it well, playing it soft instead of hard, and scum won. I don't feel particularly bad about it. I have doubts many others could have turned that around.

And yes, it would be ridiculous to bus two. You know that I went after Stickfig, and that I suggested Scaevola to be investigated. It was REALLY improbable. REALLY, REALLY improbable. Like, less than 1%. Not that I'd vote for scum, but that I'd push for their lynch before anyone else. I was already after Stickfig when he got caught lying. He couldn't have been caught without me forcing his hand. I'm sorry, but that was the most frustrating part of all that thing with Bob. If you guys all want to play mafia where the person leading two scum lynches is the best choice to be lynched... I don't want to play like that. It's absolutely counter-intuitive.

It's not so much that bob had 1 true nugget in a sea of crazy - it was (to me, watching from the deadboard and therefore having the advantage of knowing what had really happened) that he was questioning the simple explanation that was seeming less possible. No vig kills for 5 nights in a row?

And yes, the scum got amazingly, stupendously lucky in this game. They redirected the night 1 vig kill onto the vig himself, AND I was watching the vig so I saw that he was visited by TRPU so I therefore "knew" that TPRU was either the vig or the scum's killer. That "fact" drove a LOT of the confusion since the town block "cleared" TPRU as being the vig partially based on my night 1 watching.

Given all that, I'm amazed the town held on as long as we did... but it was a painful couple days in the deadboard (as evidenced by the people commenting in the C&D thread and getting it locked) since we knew the crazy that had happened and the people left in the game didn't seem to be considering any weird roles. I mean, it's a non-school Tammo game, there's gotta be SOMETHING more than vig/doc/investigator happening.

It's not so much that bob had 1 true nugget in a sea of crazy - it was (to me, watching from the deadboard and therefore having the advantage of knowing what had really happened) that he was questioning the simple explanation that was seeming less possible. No vig kills for 5 nights in a row?

And yes, the scum got amazingly, stupendously lucky in this game. They redirected the night 1 vig kill onto the vig himself, AND I was watching the vig so I saw that he was visited by TRPU so I therefore "knew" that TPRU was either the vig or the scum's killer. That "fact" drove a LOT of the confusion since the town block "cleared" TPRU as being the vig partially based on my night 1 watching.

Given all that, I'm amazed the town held on as long as we did... but it was a painful couple days in the deadboard (as evidenced by the people commenting in the C&D thread and getting it locked) since we knew the crazy that had happened and the people left in the game didn't seem to be considering any weird roles. I mean, it's a non-school Tammo game, there's gotta be SOMETHING more than vig/doc/investigator happening.

To our mind, it was three nights the vig didn't kill, and Pies claimed to be unsuccessful one night (plausible through block or protect), so that was two nights we thought he didn't kill, which looked more like prudence. On the last day, the town (Adam and Badboy) were worried I was scum, and didn't even PM with me (thanks Bob!), so I was in no position to dictate what the 'vig' did. I was about to say to Bob that the vig was blocked one night, but I was worried that scum might see that they had successfully blocked one night, and figure Pies as the vig and kill him, so I kept that 'fact' to myself.

Tammo's games that I've played have been pretty by the book, to his credit. I started with wacko games, and have reeled them in to gimmicky games with sane fundamentals, while Hinckley games fluctuate into lottery territory with the weird roles. I generally enjoy simple games these days over random games. I wasn't expecting anything too crazy in this game. That said, I don't think the roles were too out there either. A redirector is a lesser used role, but not unheard of. Maybe it is unheard of on EB (that I remember), but I used it once on a game on another site. All the same, there is about a zero % chance that I was going to predict that the vig was redirected into killing himself night one. Maybe you on the deadboard saw it clear as day, but if you ran the game 100 times, I still would have got duped. You'll have to show me how to do it better next time :wink:

First of all, good job to the Town, you played a very strong game :classic: I must say, I thoroughly relished playing as scum. My early vote on Calanon was obviously a big mistake but overall I was fairly satisfied with my game play. I guess I had supposed the votes for Speedy would be regarded with no less suspicion, but as a veteran player I suppose people trusted him to be an effective speaker (and as I said before, chances are the speaker would be Town).

Congratulations as well to my fellow Octan, the efficiency and collaboration of the team, with the guidance of TPRU really culminated into an effective group. I very much enjoyed working with you guys :thumbup:

To Adam: The conversion PM was not a hoax, you were our conversion target until TPRU came forth that you had been forwarding the messages to the Town bloc. The message was made to be controversial if quoted (it was copied and pasted from the scumboard :tongue: ), but it was mostly a fish for information if you'd be interested, and as a utility to generate controversy and confusion if you spurned it.

All the same, there is about a zero % chance that I was going to predict that the vig was redirected into killing himself night one. Maybe you on the deadboard saw it clear as day, but if you ran the game 100 times, I still would have got duped. You'll have to show me how to do it better next time :wink:

Certainly, that's a crazy instance that no one would have called. But with adam sharing his conversion request, we were hoping people would discuss that more since it was legit (we knew on the deadboard the scum had a conversion ability, but since it was brought up and the nights were weird, we were hoping it'd be taken a little more seriously in game).

We also had the advantage of knowing that since the block was infiltrated by Tiny and they had the redirect ability, ALL the PRs were basically useless. So bob was sorta right in thinking they were gone ;) If the investigator was targeting a scum, it could be redirected onto a town and come up town. Ditto for anything - block, protect, etc. So with the block infiltrated and the scum having that ability, it was doomed for town. The only chance the town had (and you didn't know this) was to not just leave speedy out of the planning, but don't discuss night targets at all wtih anyone.

And I was looking for a weird ability a little more since there was a night when I tried to watch someone (goliath maybe? Forget the details now) and was unsuccessful, but THEY were also unsuccessful in their night ability. So we had two blocked abilities in one night, which made no sense, but I couldn't seem to get any traction in getting the town block to figure it out. Turns out it was due to the redirect again, but we didn't know that then. But that was when I started expecting something out of the norm and was a little frustrated that no one else thought it was weird enough to dig into more.

That's the reason I don't care for zany games. If you don't know the rules of the game you're playing, how can you be expected to play well?

I take into account standard rules, and I did note there was something irregular going on, but to purge the people you had solid evidence to trust? Then you're just starting from square one, not once, but basically everyday.

And Adam's request WAS taken into account, it was why I had to be investigated a second time. I had a role, but who is to say if it was an unrecruitable one? Only the host knew. It put town at a disadvantage knowing what Adam was told.

Anyway, I'll say it again: There is no chance I would change my play style (as town) since it works more often than it fails, whether I survive or not. There is no way to play a game of mafia making account for the scum having a redirection on the vig against himself that will be misread by the watcher on night one. I give credit to the scum for winning, but I won't be changing my play style over it.

And yeah, Adventurer, the "poor wittle me," gambit is finished as of this game :wink:

Sign in to follow this