I built a Locomotive and a large Train Station with goodies in them...

http://img709.imageshack.us/g/locomotiveblue.png/

Ive got a few other things Ive built but havent finished them yet...

Please, post what you have built...

Pretty impressive. Even moreso because I notice you have done it without the added universe parts.

the new LDD is great and i took the advantage of the parts and built

steven's redesign of arvo's seat 131 in LDD

the model is like the real thing except some parts were taken off becasue connection problems

and LDD has a LOT

here are some pics

lddscreenshot1.png

lddscreenshot1b.png

lddscreenshot2r.png

@ superkalle

Cool work man, exspecially the Disney collection... :)... The small trucks were cool because you had the piece upside down there used as a front fender... How did you do that ???

@ shimon

This was a really detailed car, thanks for sharing... It looks realistic great work !.

You guys inspire me to work harder on making awesome stuff...

Come on people, the LDD has all the bricks unlocked so please share :)...

the model is like the real thing except some parts were taken off becasue connection problems and LDD has a LOT

Excellent work shimon. :thumbup:

Can you please explain which connection problems you are refering too. The reason I'm asking is that LDD is very strict about allowing only Lego Legal Building techniques. However sometimes there are indeed brick geoemtry and connection errors, and they would be interesting to see so they can reported to the Lego. If you could post what you have discovered in this thrad, it would be much appreciated:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40785

Thanks.

thanks for the comments

@ superkalle

ive built the model from big parts: doors, hood, chassis..

and it was hard to combine them

1st problem: studs arent getting into pin holes

2nd various snot issues( 0.1 inch brick is up and the whole thing cant be placed )

3 brick connections: for example left door side fits well however right door side doesnt fit because the car base has tiles and the door must get on them

so 1 side did well and other did not

4 rotation bricks its hard to rotate it to the right place even if there is free space

5 hard to fit big parts ( have to hide the top and deal with the connection or move the piece around the place it should be for couple mins

6 VERY IMPORTANT axle holed bricks move unsymmetricaly which prevents putting right brick inside the axle

@ shimon

Well, to be honest, most of the time it's not LDDs fault. I'be been using if for years now, and mostly when I have these problems its because my own design faults. LDD is just following the rules of the bricks. May I recomend that you read this: http://bramlambrecht.com/tmp/jamieberard-b...stress-bf06.pdf

Also, if you want, I can perhaps help you if you can send me or upload the LXF file and indicate where the problem is. It's a bit difficult to understand from just your text.

wow this explains alot...

if you want i can send the lxf file but i think its way too complicated build

i want to rebuild it with different chassis and everything different because there are many wrong connections

according to the PDF alot of snots are disabled and one of the most important is : stud in a pin hole

however the model has symmetrical studs and isymmetrical : 19 or 17 and its hard tocombine them in such scale

i want to ask you something

Bojan released a mod to ldd that adds new pieces

if you have the mod or atleast know how to add pieces it would be great

because LDD universe has very little assortment of technic parts

Hi again

1) Don't use the technic 1x1 brick. Instead use this brick: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=87087

This brick has the stud correctly positioned to allow the snot techniques (i.e. 0.1 mm lower than the technic 1x1 brick)

2) No, sorry, don't have the Bojan mod, and I know it will not be distributed anymore. There are just a very few bricks missing, not enough to warrant fuzzing around with modded LDD files.

And between you and me, I think it's good that LDD is so strict with enforcing Lego Legal principles, because it forces you to desing the models correctly, like the designers at Lego are forced to.

OK, don't hesitate to come back if you want help with your LXF-files.

Two days ago, I created Lego Digital Designer (LDD) 3.1 .LXF models of two rockets (one of which REALLY FLIES): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=dluders . I built these using real bricks ~2 years ago, but with LDD's recent "Lego Universe Mode", the parts I needed became visible to complete the digital model. The downloadable .LXF files are available on http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=dluders . The smaller rocket (which really flies) uses 123 pieces and 35 steps; the medium-sized rocket uses 274 pieces and 80 steps. Read more about them at http://mocpages.com/moc.php/104238 .

screenshot2.png_thumb.jpg

screenshot3.png_thumb.jpg

screenshot2.png_thumb.jpg

screenshot3.png_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dragonator
Changed to thumbnails

All of my models so far have used the basic Factory/DesignByMe palette, although most of those are now outdated. There's a 5 inch by 5 inch by 5 inch version of the Nuva Cube artifact from the BIONICLE story of 2003, as well as two "Mini-Warriors" vaguely based on Miniland figures but using a lot more joints and suchforth. I'm linking here so you can download them and see them from whatever angles you want-- I know Brickshelf works, but until I have stuff to post using a non-DBM palette like the LEGO Universe palette, I'll continue using the gallery on LEGO.com.

Today I uploaded my latest creation, a spacecraft based on the Blacktron theme using the current DesignByMe palette with its plentiful Transparent Bright Green (I respect the trans. yellow and trans. neon green color schemes, but this color scheme strikes me as the best for "Neo-Blacktron" given the epic torso design of Rench from Space Police III).

Edited by Aanchir

I stumbled across this forum while looking for ways to expand the available bricks in LDD, and lo and behold, this forum released some info about the Universal mod just as I was looking for it. =P

So yeah, first post. I have some of my own LDD models that I've put together, and might as well show them to people who'd be interested in seeing them. So here we are, click the links under each image for more info (re-directs to DeviantArt):

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/082...arkhoodness.jpg

Click here for Lego House 01 info

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/084...arkhoodness.jpg

Click here for Lego Train 01 info

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/109...arkhoodness.jpg

Click here for Lego Train 02 info

BTW, that's an awesome car model by Shimon. Brillant work. The rest of the models aren't so bad either. :)

Edited by Dragonator
Changed to deeplink

@ Darkhoodness

Nice models :)

Welcome to the Forum as well... :)...

If you create anything more please share... Like your little TV in the house...

Reminds me of "Little computer people" that weird game many years ago...he he...

@ Darkhoodness

Nice models :)

Welcome to the Forum as well... :)...

If you create anything more please share... Like your little TV in the house...

Reminds me of "Little computer people" that weird game many years ago...he he...

Thanks. :) Yeah I used to play The Sims once too, it was fun - Building the house reminded me of that game.

Anyway I'm attaching to this post an LXF model (for LDD) of most of the custom-created furniture I made for my house. Bear in mind I made these before the Lego Universe mod (and access to more bricks and colours) was made available. As a bonus I also included my train seat and pickup arm that I built and used for my trains. Here's a screenshot:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/113...arkhoodness.jpg

They're supposed to be (left to right): Wardrobe, TV, writing desk + chair, shower unit, small bookcase, fridge, computer with monitor + keyboard, bathtub, toilet, sink, beside table with alarm clock, single bed, chair, armchair, table, train pickup arm (thing ontop of electric trains to conduct electricity from overhead cables) and train bench.

Anyone is free to use these in thier models and/or make improvements, or even re-create them in real lego (good luck!) (you'll need to have WinZip or WinRar or something to access the .zip that the .lfx is contained in - The forum wouldn't let me upload the .lfx file by itself). :) Enjoy.

House_Furniture_by_Darkhoodness.zip

Edited by Dragonator
Changed to deeplink

I just finished a library I designed a while ago, inspired by an actual old library from my town. :classic: More pics and stuff over in this thread.

library.jpg

library.jpg

They're supposed to be (left to right): Wardrobe, TV, writing desk + chair, shower unit, small bookcase, fridge, computer with monitor + keyboard, bathtub, toilet, sink, beside table with alarm clock, single bed, chair, armchair, table, train pickup arm (thing ontop of electric trains to conduct electricity from overhead cables) and train bench.

dang, nice detail work.

my whole flickr account so far is LDD models. some LOST, a LEGO Universe inspired "darkling" sculpture, the rest is from my brainchild "The Maniac Device". which is... a hypothetical video game. :tongue:

4547594982_609457b8a3.jpg

4546958373_eeec6da0e0.jpg

4546958311_45ffc2238a.jpg

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Here is a garage I did for LEGO Beach House Set (4996)

In the attached zip, you can find lxf file for the garage, lxf file for beach house + garage and a (awful) photo of the real realization of it!

Donwload HERE garage.zip

Edited by Calabar

I really like that you re-created the Beach House in LDD. And even fixed so the mail was in the mailbox :thumbup:

Is it re-created exactly like the original 4996, or was some pieces missing in LU mode?

Is it re-created exactly like the original 4996, or was some pieces missing in LU mode?

The only missing piece is the 2x1 white tile with classic letter paint. So I used a different letter paint!

To say the true, I had a bit difficulties to find wheels of the barbecue, but at the end... these are there! ;)

In the attached zip, you can find lxf file for the garage, lxf file for beach house + garage and a (awful) photo of the real realization of it!

Donwload HERE garage.zip

he he... :)

I liked the Grill outside on the patio...:)... Makes me hungry...

At the moment Im working on something huge :)...