Sign in to follow this  
Ruse901

LOTR/Hobbit Custom

Hey Guys -

Here is my first shot a making a couple of customs. I used the waterslide decal technique. I think these came out ok, but I am planning on doing a second draft to perfect them. Any feedback would be great so I can improve the second time around.

Huge thanks to floed (Alfrid) and DarkKnight7 (Faramir) for the amazing decal patterns!!

ALFRID

16796636732_b9a13474c3_z.jpg

FARAMIR

16610372260_dbd5373d14_z.jpg

Fantastic work!

Faramir and Alfrid turned out great - I love the way you made them :classic:

How does the waterslide decal technique work (just curious) - I haven't heard of it before? Thanks :classic:

They look great! I especially like Faramir's top, well done. I'm not sure if I'd change anything.

How does the waterslide decal technique work (just curious) - I haven't heard of it before? Thanks :classic:

There are a lot of great guides and YouTube videos on how to do custom waterslide decals. It basically involves printing your own minifig outfits or faces onto a special decal paper that, when dipped in water and applied properly, becomes a sticker to put on your own minifigs. It was originally used by people who make model trains and such, but it works great for LEGO too.

If you poke around you can find plenty of guides. The best way to figure it out is trial and error! Good luck!