Sign in to follow this  
Matn

Mountain Ride

indexed.gif B-V-7D

This diorama I have built yesterday is for Fatherday (which is today). I'm happy with the result, but in my thoughts it would be much more impressive. I'm not thinking to break it off, because later I'm going to add trees and perhaps mountains on one side. My father was very pleased with it, it is going to stand in our living room for a few weeks.

(Good) critism and tips are welcome.

Oh, yes: the man with the hammer is a sentence which is said a lot in the cyclingsports: when you meet the man with the hammer you get exhausted in a short time.

img_0116.jpg

img_0106.jpg

img_0117.jpg

img_0114.jpg

Folder when public: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=322948

You know what? I had to do a double-take on that road of yours, because at first it registered in my mind as a regular road plate, until I noticed the incline. That is a very nice road!

The rest is very nice as well. I suspect your father does this sort of thing, marathon-cycling and such, no?

Thanks. Like I said, I'm going to order pieces to make nice trees + some greenery so it looks nicer. Maybe I'll also order some helmets and cyclists to add it on the diorama.

And yes, my dad's hobby is cycling and he also watches it on tv.

That's really cool, Matn! A :thumbup::thumbup: from me! I like how you got the road to slope, that really is great. Good job!

A very nice and lively scenery and a big hammer indeed! :grin::thumbup:

Thanks! :classic:

Is there anybody interested how the street is made? I can take pictures of it also. :tongue:

Very nice work!

I for one would love to see how the street was made. It looks amazing! :thumbup:

Great job! :classic:

I had to recheck to see that wasn't a normal road too, great job there. It looks like it's connected by one of those 1X2 with a hole and 1X2 with the small pipe bit to interconnect, am I right? Looks fantastic though, one of those MOC's that could be underrated if you don't show attention to detail. Would love to see it with more riders and the mountain scene you mentioned

Really nice road you made there!

Those helmets (from skateboarders originally I believe) certainly do the trick as cycle helmets.

When I look at that pink Team Telecom bicycle I still worship the days in my life when I decided to buy 24 of those on clearance... :devil:

:thumbup:

That's great! You might want to use an Agents suit for an aditional cyclist, and for a couple helmets you could use the SW rebel one, it looks similar to a streamlined helmet if you know what I mean. Great road, I want to make SNOT surfaces but have a small amount of regular bricks. :sad:

I really enjoy the construction of that road, in particular... that was pretty cool (and snotty!!!)

:tongue:

nice job!

medib.

This is very cool, Matn. So, how'd you do the road then? :grin: This is a very cool Father's Day gift indeed.

~Peace