Looks... even more
chaotic! But seeing as this is probably going to be your final revision of this entry, with the contest ending in a day, I guess it would be more useful to try and remove some details instead of adding anything. I admit, I did suggest adding more elements, but I also noted that you should lose the ones that are useless... The way this one is arranged right now, I can hardly make out any of the new additions or understand what they're about - especially since you haven't provided any backstory to this. Perhaps it would be a good idea to write some sort of explanation for all of these weird contraptions
As to a comparison between V1 and V2, I obviously think that V2 has a bit too much going on for its own good. It is a move in the right direction, but it doesn't really arrive where I though you wanted it to be - in other words, instead of finding a use for all of the details in this MOC, you've still let quite a few of them just "feature" in there, without having an actual purpose.
All said, I still think V2 > V1. And the work you've done on some details is very nice, so kudos for that. Here is how I feel about some of the details in particular:
+ You've kept the propeller and turned it into a windmill-like structure. Perfect, but what then? It just sits on top here and doesn't really do
+ You've added white tiles to outline the area around the rocks - but the way you've placed those now makes the rocks look much too square.
+ I did understand your erosion concept quite well from the off, I just didn't feel that the way you'd represented it worked well. Now, however, it's much more believable - while being just as steampunkish
- nice modifications to those rocks.
+ I like it that you've kept the "observation spot" on top and made it a bit more useful, good work.
+ The addition of an extra ladder leading from the shelter to the "observation spot" is also a good idea.
- I still can't quite understand what that water pouring down from the rock is - or where it comes from. Rain water is good for drinking you know, so that should be stored instead of poured down.
- The two pieces of cloth are supposed to provide shelter, I guess... but they just look out of place. If you'd tied their loose end to something, perhaps they might look like a roof of sorts...
- Those yellow flippers-on-poles - what's their part? The redcoat hat is perfect, but I don't see any use for those flippers.
- You've kept the rope, but it's still pretty dysfunctional. Who would hang their treasure (or even the empty treasure chest) out like that? You could have hung fish down from the rope instead, as if they were drying...
Once again - that's what I
like and dislike about this MOC. That said, the details I've mentioned as "useless" might appeal to other viewers, so I guess you should have a final look at this MOC yourself and decide what you
like best about it and what you think you could get rid of -- that is, if you're planning on revising it again. Even if you don't edit it in any way, I'd strongly suggest adding a story, even if it's just a couple of lines - that should really help! In any case, this is a very original entry and I wish you luck in the contest with it :)