xenologer

Inappropriate ads

Every once in a while I'll see a Evony / Civony banner ad at the bottom of the forum.

Considering the ... marketing tactics they use. Are those really appropriate for a Lego forum?

Doesn't bother me personally... but there's kids around.

Its much more of a problem with brickshelf, seems like every single ad I see there is for Evony.

Anyhow, I dunno how the banner ad sponsorship works or if mods have any control over them, but its something to think about...

Edited by Fugazi
title

On my Russian MOCs the ad at the bottom of the page talks about "Finding your Russian Beauty today" :grin::laugh:

Running a site takes a lot of money, so you need ads to raise it.

~A.S.

Anyhow, I dunno how the banner ad sponsorship works or if mods have any control over them, but its something to think about...

Not really. For the most part we just put the code in the skins. However, if you have a problem with them complain to Google. Seriously. I don't even know or care about who "Evony / Civony" is. Google just post here what they think is appropriate based on the site content.

On my Russian MOCs the ad at the bottom of the page talks about "Finding your Russian Beauty today" :grin::laugh:

Running a site takes a lot of money, so you need ads to raise it.

~A.S.

Mine doesn't on your Russian Camp Prosperity MOC; It says things like "Buy LEGO in Australia" or "Australia's Largest LEGO" :laugh:

:tongue: Yeah, the staff forum gets a lot of dating ads; go figure!

I suspect Evony targets a primarily male audience who might appreciate the displayed assets of their featured banner character. :laugh:

You naughty walrus, you :tongue::grin:

I just tend to ignore the ads. Just scroll up and forget :wink:

~A.S.

I must be more focused than I thought. I am so interested in reading the posts, I didn't even know there were ads here.

I always end up getting "Ozzy Osbourne Ringtones" or Iron Maiden Ringtones" at the bottom the the Star Wars thread and the Licensed thread.

It's like they know... :tongue:

Oh, and everywhere else is Evony.

I, too have a problem with the ads. My female family members give me a wierd look whenever they look over to see what I'm doing and see the woman in the Evony ads in a suggestive pose. I also think those ads may detract potential FFOL's to the site which we are always in need of.

I find it hilarious. Is there marketing strategy supposed to say "Play this castle strategy game and get a free girl?" :laugh:

I mosty see those Evony ads. There was tons of different ones. I see those Evony ads everywhere! But it doesn't show as much as most tv commercials do. I have been on Brickshelf and didn't see any. Are you sure it's not Mocpages? There is so much sexual stuff in advertising these days.

Edited by JCC1004

Whenever I browse a proboards forum I see ads telling me about "100 entries for <random word that was in one of the posts>"

So I once ended up with a "100 entries for Super Saiyan". And there was this other time I got ads for something called "Toot n' Tinkle"- Google must think that I have not been potty-trained yet.

EDIT:

I have seen the Evony advertisements... I think the person who made this thread is phobic of women or just a puritan, because I don't find them that inappropriate.

Edited by GRUMBLECAKES

Every damn website i go to has those evony ads. I wonder what it is about anyways because in some of the ads it says play secretly or somthing along those lines :wacko:

Every damn website i go to has those evony ads. I wonder what it is about anyways because in some of the ads it says play secretly or somthing along those lines :wacko:

Probably some Browser MMORPG that consists of pictures of castles and message boxes that say "ART THOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO GET YE FLASK"

I think it's entertaining because it's just an ad! I see stupid commercials everyday, and I don't buy those products; if you don't like it, then don't go there!

The forum has adverts?

*looks*

Hmm, who knew?

Evony is all over Tv Tropes, its rather funny.

It's the internet, every click runs the risk of inappropriate adverts. Parents are supposed to supervise kids on the PC for a reason yah know...

On this thread, I see an advertisement for this thing called "Ad Ready". :laugh:

I think the ads on Eurobricks are fine. However, the ones on Brickshelf are sometimes really weird. I keep seeing this advertisement that says the website's name (I won't post it) and "a resource & social networking site for lesbian moms, gay dads,& kids". :sick: :sick: :sick:

Edited by ILikePi

I think the ads on Eurobricks are fine. However, the ones on Brickshelf are sometimes really weird. I keep seeing this advertisement that says the website's name (I won't post it) and "a resource & social networking site for lesbian moms, gay dads,& kids". :sick: :sick: :sick:

Um that's disturbing. (Twitches) I am getting very annoid of seeing adds for Evony and urban rivals every where that I go. Heck even Nitrome the friendliest least violent most kid safe game site I know has Evony ads! :cry_sad:

The funny thing about these Evony ads, is that despite the amount of digital boobage on display, the game promises to be 'unnoticeable' so you can play discreetly from your web browser :tongue:

I, too have a problem with the ads. My female family members give me a wierd look whenever they look over to see what I'm doing and see the woman in the Evony ads in a suggestive pose.

Same with mine. :hmpf_bad:

I find it hilarious. Is there marketing strategy supposed to say "Play this castle strategy game and get a free girl?" :laugh:

LOL. My friend told me in the actual game there is no girl, but theyre just on the ads. I guess "Sex Sells" :tongue:

I usually just scroll up or whatever, But whenever a topic loads it goes to the bottom of the last page with the ad.

On this thread, I see an advertisement for this thing called "Ad Ready". :laugh:

I used to get that when I was look and folders. :sick: and kids! :sick: :sick: