Hi guys!

I'd start saying this thread is more to ask you some suggestions than to show you the model itself :P

I think i already told you that the shop wich is sponsoring me http://www.mangiobricks.com asked me to build something that they can sell as a custom model right?

At first, they wanted the fiat panda i made last year but i wasn't satisfied by it due to its untidyness...

so i made something that i think it's better and wich performs better than every expectations i had

As it's made to be sold (hopefully) i couldn't call it with the real counterpart name....but i think it should be quite clear where i took inspiration from :P

it's really simple and it's made trying to use the less amount of pieces possible to keep everything clean and tidy

performances are really good, even if the most of the weight is in the back of it, it crawls really good having some nice ground clearance and good speed as well!

i don't know how many of you could be interested in buying something like this as many of you are great reverse engineers :P

but let's say you have the chance to buy a custom model, how would you prefer it? i mean, do you think i should make it with motors or just ready to be motorized?

what else could i change to make it more attractive?

should i add more functions or just stay on "less is more" concept?

ill wait for your suggestions guys!

in the meanwhile have a look at some pictures of it! hope you'll like it :)

6sdw1s.jpg

70zv2g.jpg

oat0ux.jpg

2whmc03.jpg

Looks totally sweet! :grin::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Considering the lineup of small scale models available this year I'm interested in this one! :laugh:

I think making a moc like this available is a great idea.

I'm also looking at the fact that most of us have the basic building blocks for mocs of our own, but starting the hobby one might find lacking in the PF department.

A small moc that offers full PF setup is awesome!

Great job man.

I'm also looking at the fact that most of us have the basic building blocks for mocs of our own, but starting the hobby one might find lacking in the PF department.

I have a decent (~4000 piece) collection with no official models built, all parts for MOCSs. I would absolutely consider buying a model like this as I hate having parts that I may only have a few of tied up in something long term. I can never resist pulling whatever model I have displayed apart for the next project.

For a fair price, it would be great to have a truck to drive around when frustrated with mocs on the go. Another upside is, at least the way I interpret it, no multiple BL orders - one stop moc shopping! I think we're onto something!

Awesome model Piterx! Clean and nice:)

I am sure this was inspiration

0585355-Suzuki-Vitara-Cabriolet-JLX-1993.jpg

Could you make upgrade set for offroad: lights, bullbar, rear roof and, may be, lifted axles for 56's ballon wheels? I will be glad to see such "pimped" version by you:) please, this is small model;)

38550360001_original.jpg?v=0

I cant forget such "pimp my ride" by Teo Zikic and his Unimog 406 (http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/48438)

And after You should try to make instruction of it (free or 5€) i am sure, that there are many fans with small amount of parts (I mean small to build comparing to Crowkillers's or Sheepo's MOCs) who dont know how to start and how to build.Such small models can be a good start for them. And this model is easy upgradable duo to its size:). Think about it;)

Just notice how many fans created Madoca's SUV. Be sure, there are many people who would like to build one of you models if you provide them with instruction:)

Edited by rm8

Fantastic work Peiterx. :classic:

Could you make upgrade set for offroad: lights, bullbar, rear roof and, may be, lifted axles for 56's ballon wheels? I will be glad to see such "pimped" version by you:)

That would be a awesome idea.

thank you guys :)

yeah i started from vitara so Egor won lol

actually there's enough space to fit the balloon wheels but yeah, if i lift everything up it would be nicer...

i think i will make something like that then in the next hours :)

the only thing im worried about is the price of a model like this.. without electrical parts it wouldnt probably cost more than 30euros

but 2 L motors, a servo, an IRv2, battery box (for economy it won't be the lipo one) and IR controller cost a lot :\

i really don't know what to do lol

on the other hand i could just make it without power functions for the shop so it's affordable and do like lego used to do back in the days: give instructions to motorize it

the only problem is that it would be a vehicle to push around so it would need fake cylindrs that i dont know where to place ahah...need to figure it out...

You can try fake engine like at 9393 B model. It is a very nice model for shelf and even to play via HoG. Good example: There is a very nice toy (that my son own) - it is in similar scale, have HOG and working live axles. It is scale is almost the same as your Vitara, cause wheels are also 50 mm

But analog in LEGO can be upgradable in millions variations

And selling instruction is more profitable than selling set;) I am ready to buy it for 5-7€ and even make review of this unofficial set:)))

Edited by rm8

oh yeah that's a great idea man! i'll see what i can do :)

yeah man there's really a lot of space to upgrade it...im thinking about adding bullbar and rollbar for the lifted version (actually im not lifting it just because im lazy...i will only add the balloon tires xD)...

i know the instruction thing...that's why i think im gonna probably make a deal with the shop so i can sell the instructions for not more than 5€ and they can sell the parts with instructions all together :)

if you make a review for this one i would be really happy :D

but i need to present it in the best way i can first to make it attractive :P...the next week im gonna shoot the video for it and it needs to be different....probably im gonna make it just like it's a car commercial lol

give me a couple of hours to see what i can do for the pimpin xD

That's a sweet looking baby 4WD! I'm looking forward to seeing this for sale...

turned it into a Dakar race vehicle without modifying any part...i just added what i needed to add :P

sometimes front wheels can touch the door's attachment but it only happens when steering...if i modified consistently the chassis to lift it it wouldn't happen.

hope you'll like it :)

2zqc7b8.jpg

this is about the maximum angle of climb before it rolls on the back lol

eja34k.jpg

Edited by piterx

Do you think a front winch may be cool for the front?

May be it will be not cool for the front, but I am sure it will be cool from the point of weight distribution. Piterx said that now it is distributed closer to back - that's bad for climbing obstacles

And, it also can be cool for the front:)))

Edited by rm8

May be it will be not cool for the front, but I am sure it will be cool from the point of weight distribution. Piterx said that now it is distributed closer to back - that's bad for climbing obstacles

And, it also can be cool for the front:)))

That does not make much sense.... :blush:

It looks great! I will prefer motorized ready because of price of the model (almost everyone here has their motors already).

For me, i prefer the building instructions especially for chassis.

Good job!

Looks great and reminds me of something in my pile of stuff. Mine was inspired by the layout in the Panda. I used nylon washers on the 20t bevel in the axle to prevent the ring gear from deflecting away from the 12t pinion. Without the washers the axles would pop with the 62.4x20 tires and wheels mounted.

Again the body work looks great.

v/r

Andy

Little cars are much more fun to drive around the house and garden and such a challenge to conceive. :thumbup:

Wow looks pretty cool, I would love to see a video.

tim

tomorrow i'll shoot a rough video just to show it off :P but i'll shoot it at the dakar version...then, when instructions and all the rest will be done i'll shoot the promo video :P