Hi!

I've started some time ago a project with my kids. I promised to build a tractor (a big one) that has 4 wheel steering as well as crab steering...

Here it is afte 4 XL motors, 2 servos, a pneumatic pump and I don't know how many times I have assembled and disassembled tyres, cabin, hodd, fenders and so on and so on.

Still some work to do (hitch, red rims ...):

Hi JB,

nice Xerion... Followed the progress over in the german forum...

I really like your Xerion. I hope you'll provide us with building instructions...

I believe it is same model? I know nothing about tractors, though. Check the 1st post of 2016 discussion :)

Edited by LegoCube

That would mean that Lego has to come up with bigger tyers.....or come up with a smaller tractor.

The transfer gear used on the Arocs could also be used in the Xerion to lift and turn the cabin AS well to run the compressor. I decided to use 2 XL motors. If you want to shift the gear on the Arocs automaticallly you have to use another motor anyway.

However, if it will be the Xerion as one of the next models I do hope it will be a big version.

Here a prototype showing the steering:

Edited by JBTechnic

Was quite a challenge since space was very and I mean vvvveeeeerrrryyyy limited.

I decided to go with two XL motors for the drive because I am planning to hook up some trailers (big ones).

Here a picture showing battery and pump:

https://flic.kr/p/xVEyqu

Edited by JBTechnic

Hi JB, like your Xerion. Hope the 2016 one is the same. That would mean bigger tyres and red wheels.

Regarding the rims it is planned to either paint them red or get some red wheel covers.

The Roms werden taken from the power Piller, tyers a GMade Bighorns.

Hi JB,

nice Xerion... Followed the progress over in the german forum...

I really like your Xerion. I hope you'll provide us with building instructions...

Hi, do you have a link to the german forum?

Thank you,

Robert

Omg. Next to the Arocs it is even bigger then i have thought. Really impressiv. I allready said it before but i like it.

I definetly like it the way it is...the intention was it to create something big. I doubt that TLG will come up with a Xerion that size. I think they will scale it similar to the available tractor. However, sOme AFOLs already showed that it is possible to include RC functions in smaller size models....but it will be tough since the battery box is not that small....and there are receivers.....and cables.....and....and...;-)

The size is great! Nice work!

It's just the type of project that I would see a set of these tires on:

http://store.rc4wd.com/Mud-Basher-Single-22-Scale-Tractor-Tire_p_4319.html

Red covers (or red 6x6 dishes) would also give it a nice realistic touch if you decide to go there.

Hope the kids liked what you built!

Edited by SevenStuds

@SevenStuds

I think I fell in love...nice tyres indeed and with the right profile I was looking for.

Red rims are planned. Not sure whether will get custom made covers or whether I will paint the power-puller rims red....

I am working on some optimizations...pictures to follow...

Very nice! I've thought the Xerion would be a nice LEGO build, but never found the time to do it myself. What tires are those? I've been building agricultural tractors and other equipment for a while now and am not completely satisfied with the power puller/off-roader wheels & tires, they just don't have the right size and shape. The ones you're using seem much more realistic. The wheels look like power puller/off-roader wheels. The tires are definitely not LEGO, but they look like they work well. Do you have any problems with them staying in place on the wheels?

John