Sign in to follow this  
Norrington

Awesome Davey Jones custom mini-figure

Errr Norrington thats actually my custom and it is posted in our moc section :-D

Im glad you like it i worked quite abit on the first one in the link above several months ago when i first saw shot of the figures that were being released (thats why the 2 are different slightly).

Then around a month or so ago i actually got around to watching the film so went back and changed a few bits before posting, since then though ive noticed some superb versions on BS and even here.

There is a third version of this fig but ive yet to post it....and knowing how slow i am at picture taking it wont be for awhile X-D .

That's a nice Davy Jones you have there, but a bit too colourful, Davy Jones is a bit more green... Like seaweed... And his skin's colour is like like coffee stains on paper...

Here's where Vader posted about this MOC on EB.

This is my first thumbnail link, so hopefully it works:

dscf1225.jpg_thumb.jpg

That's a nice Davy Jones you have there, but a bit too colourful, Davy Jones is a bit more green... Like seaweed... And his skin's colour is like like coffee stains on paper...

Your right it is too colourful, the claw hand and stump leg really need shading down. But im not sure about the green though as most pics seem to very, but its something i will probably get round to changing.

As for Maccus hes a fig that needs alot of work, i threw him together really quickly at boy does it show.

Oh and Phes you know i thought the very same thing when i posted in here :-D

Be careful Vader or you may be consumed by the Pirate side!

Anyway... I would say this is the best Davey Jones custom mini-figure I've seen to date, so it's something the other custom-Pirate-mini-figure-creators can aspire to, not that what they've made is bad.

The only thing about the above Davey Jones is the colours are a bit bright, as Mr Tiber has already mentioned.

Here's a Davey Jones figure for reference.

Pirates-talking-Davey-l.jpg

You know pirates hold a very special place in my heart as it was first line i ever collected as a teenager, i had always had lego sets but the pirates were special and i made sure to buy all of the first line.

Anyway thanks for the pic and as i said i do agree regarding the colour but not sure when ill change it, however i have changed the hat, claw and tentical hand so ill post pics later if i have time.

Actually I had no idea that pirates hold a very special place in your heart. You never posted in the Pirate forum so all I could assume was they didn't interest you that much.

Do you still have the sets you collected as a teenager?

Well SW took over and got me back from a dark age, unfortunatley during that dark age i sold all my ships etc. I still have the odd fig and a few bits of pirate stuff but nothing whole, saying that i recently bought a very large box of lego at a car boot sell which does have some pirate stuff in it like a boat base, bits of walls etc.

Ill have to see what else the box holds, you never know their might be enough to build a whole ship.

Or you could build a fort or island or something depending upon what you have.

Would you ever consider doing anymore pirate custom mini-figures? Perhaps something entirely of your own design?

Yes i could i guess, im currently working on a large moc that could be used for pirates also so i may have something to show soon.

As for customs i would happily do some custom work, ive just about done all the SW figs i can so pirates would be a welcome change.

If anyone has any designs that they would like to see in fig form then let me know and ill see what i can come up with.

This could be quite exciting - get your requested in Vader folks!

However, back to the MOC in question: are you using a custom design for the mini-figure's eyes or is that a head from a set?

Its a custom face, i made it for an evil SW character but it didnt work so i changed the colours and found that it worked really well.

When i made the head piece i made it alittle to big so buy adding the decal face it makes it a far better fit.

I'm wondering what the other users who've been attempting to make a custom Davey Jones mini-figure think of Vader's work?

Umm... Mr. Dark Lord , could you please, maybe, Create a Cap'n Jack Sparrow for me? Or Even Will Turner?

You should have wrote "I accept that challenge!" because that was Davey Jones's response when Will challenged him for the key to the Dead Man's Cest. :-D

You should have wrote "I accept that challenge!" because that was Davey Jones's response when Will challenged him for the key to the Dead Man's Cest. :-D

No! Davy Jones said: I accept! Nothing more...

Capn Kirk, you really need to check what you write before you post it. I'm sure asemome is not a proper word...