1. 1. Thoughts about the blue blade?

• Keep it trans light blue.
    • Make it trans (regular) blue.
    • I'd like to see both used.
  2. 2. Thoughts about the green blade?

• Keep it trans neon green.
    • Make it trans (regular) green.
    • I'd like to see both used.
  3. 3. Thoughts about double lightsaber handle?

• No, regular handle can be used for both blades.
    • Yes, would look great on my Maul figure!
  4. 4. Thoughts about new parts? (you can select multiples)

• New blade colours (trans orange, trans yellow,...)
    • 3L blades in new colours (Yoda lightsaber/cane)
    • standard handle in new colours
    • new lightsaber designs

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hello everyone,

I have been thinking about LEGO's choice of lightsaber colours. Red is perfect but blue and 'green' bother me.

If we look at the lightsabers from the movies, blue usually appears to be a darker blue instead of a lighter blue:

Luke_Skywalker_blue_lightsaber.jpg

This is clearly seen in the Mustafar duel:

revengelightsaberlnf0.jpg

While games like TFU(II) have shown that different shades of blue are possible, the darker one appears to be the most common.

LEGO uses trans light blue for the blue lightsabers, so could a regular trans blue 4L bar also be considered to be used in sets?

Although I can accept the choice of blue, I've been bothered about the 'green' ones ever since I saw them.

Yes, neon effect makes them look like they 'glow' but it's a simple fact that this colour isn't green.

This colour is callled trans neon green but it has more in common with yellow than green. (and besides the lightsaber issue, it's a really ugly colour. :laugh: )

If we look at every single green lightsaber shot, they look... green. Therefore I'd like to see LEGO make a trans green 4L bar in order to replace the trans neon version.

examples:

196101-luke-green_180.jpg

Qui-Gon_Green_Lightsaber.jpg

YodaWithGreenLightsaber.jpg

comparison (notice the yellowness of the lightsaber):

bg-lightsaber-duel.jpg

On an interesting note though, LEGO did use a correct colour for the green lightsabers in the LEGO Star Wars games...

lego-star-wars-yoda.jpg

Finally, I'd like to add that with all the new molds being created, I'd like to see a double length lightsaber handle like the kind Darth Maul or Savage Oppress use.

1136536505_sDarthMaul.jpg

You can't really replicate the look of the special handle with only one blade by using the regular handle.

200px-Darth_Maul.jpg

Comments, suggestions? I've added a poll aswell.

TT

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

For some reason, I don't mind the green, but I think the blue is a big issue. Now that they have produced trans dark blue 4L bars in the new Hero Factory sets, I think they should use those. As for the Maul handle, I think it's fine as it is, or else it will be humongous.

Edited by prateek

Now that they have produced trans dark blue 4L bars in the new Hero Factory sets...

They do? :sweet: I'm gonna have to get some of those then. Nevertheless I'd like to see them appearing in regular SW sets aswell.

TT

Yeah. Luxor_V posted this in his review of Surge 2.0

2141_034.jpg

That looks EXCELLENT! :classic: Always loved that blue lightsaber orange rebel pilot suit combo.

TT

The Blue DEFINITELY needs help. The new Hero Factory ones don't look half bad.

But I agree. The Green is nice as it is. But a new handle for Darth Maul and Savage Opress would be nice!

Thoughts about the blue blade?

I'd like to see both used - at least I like the current one fine enough, but an alternate blue blade would be great.

Thoughts about the green blade?

Make it trans (regular) green - I agree with what you'e saying tanotrooper - it's just not green and I like it least of the colours available at the moment. I'd be happy if LEGO changed the colour of this in Star Wars sets.

Thoughts about double lightsaber handle?

Yes! Would look great on my Maul figure - Not only this, I'd like to see a variety of different lightsabres. LEGO could go the whole hog with new characters and accessories and give us specific Jedi's lighsabers... or even just a couple of variations to spice things up?

Incidentally, I've used that 'windswept' hairpiece on my Tatooine Luke... looks great!

Edited by pedro

Blue should definitely be darker. I'd like to see both greens being used and absolutely must have a double ended handle!!

Interesting topic! :thumbup:

For the green blade I like the current one. Its a vibrant green and isnt washed out like the blue blade. It captures all the different shades of green and just feels lego-y. I dont think they need to change this blade.

The blue blade could do with a change. I think the current one is based of the original release of EP IV where Luke's lightsabre blade is quite washed out. The colour definitely isnt as strong as the purple and red. I do love that dark blue bar but I wonder what would happen if they changed it? Would there be an uproar over changing it so late in the theme's history?

I think the Maul blade is fine as it is, but I wouldnt mind a new one. Though I think it should still stay the same length but have the same detailing on each end.

I hope with the release of a 3L bar in the collectable minifigs I hope we see it used with Yoda in the future because in the films his blade is smaller. And the 4L bar looks oversized on his minifig. When Lego creates a new Ahsoka I do hope they use yellow/orange for her new second blade. It would really bring some good variation to our colours. It would could be the 3L bar because it is shorter in the episodes which is a nice touch.

I voted for changes in all three categories.

If they go on sale (and judging by the recent S@H sale, they will) I'll pick up an HF set to get the blue blade. It's that much better.

Green doesn't bother me that much, but if they change it I'll welcome the change. Not going to go out of my way to buy a set just to get it, though.

I made an LSW1 style Maul saber by cutting up two normal ones, so I've already got a rough prototype of what it'd probably look like, and it looks great.

Some great ideas up here. I agree that LEGO could add at least one more lightsaber design. The standard handle seems to be mostly based on Obi-Wan's lightsaber from episode I and II. (the bottom has that bulb with dots on it.)

MasterReplica_Saber_ObiWanTPM-EE.jpg

But I think having two more designs would be great:

standard Anakin/Luke/Darth Vader design (2 most left on this picture) Notice the curved top and the box sticking out.

fx.jpg

And the more 'standard' tube design like Obi-Wan's (Episode III-IV), Luke's (episode VI-...),Mace Windu's, ...

Sort of like the real standard lightsaber design.

I think adding more colours to both the blades and handles would be great. (I'll add that to the poll)

I've also thought about that swooshy hair for Luke. Dang it, thought I was the first one to figure that out :laugh:

TT

What Hero Factory set does that trans blue 4L bar? I'm might just need to get it for that piece. It's just too awesome! :thumbup::laugh:

What Hero Factory set does that trans blue 4L bar? I'm might just need to get it for that piece. It's just too awesome! :thumbup::laugh:

Surge 2.0

Surge 2.0

And Furno 2.0 and Nex 2.0

Hmm I would like both kinds of blue used as they are both used. Anakin had a darker blue lightsaber if I remember correctly.

Interesting topic indeed. :thumbup:

I really don't mind the current trans-neon green and trans-neon blue lightsabers, though the introduction of the trans-blue and trans-green variants are certainly most welcome for variety of lightsaber colors. I'm for additional lightsaber colors more than replacing them.

With regards to the Maul's double lightsaber hilt, it would be great to see it modified, but what I'm more interested to see is the introduction of the 3L bars for the trans-red and trans-green. The 3L will be great for Maul's double LS, as the current double 4L set-up is a bit too long for Maul IMO. 3L will also be perfect for Yoda.

Sometimes the blue lightsaber is so light it almost looks white.

post-13725-129418993076.jpg

post-13725-129418994518.jpg

Fact is, it all depends on which scene you're talking about for the lightsaber colors. Only in the prequels did the colors stay relatively consistent. I personally don't want new colors, it would make the many lightsabers I already have obsolete.

Edited by StoutFiles

I'd really like as much variations in lightsabers as possible. I think it's been too long with too little variation. :hmpf_bad:

I'd love to see some more variation, but I do have something to add. Lego has 'seemingly accidentaly' created a new lightsaber handle. If you look in the NinjaGo sets (namely, 2258, Ninja Ambush) and look at the golden scythe, you'll see the piece connecting the blade and the rod is gripable by a minifigure, has one of th eknobs from the normal lightsaber handle, but on the other side, the knob is horizontal, instead of vertical. This actually exists in the Star Wars universe. (go to Wookieepedia, type in Lightsabers, look for the variants section) Of course, being it gold, it won't fit in well, but it's relative progress.

With regards to the Maul's double lightsaber hilt, it would be great to see it modified, but what I'm more interested to see is the introduction of the 3L bars for the trans-red and trans-green. The 3L will be great for Maul's double LS, as the current double 4L set-up is a bit too long for Maul IMO. 3L will also be perfect for Yoda.

I'm not sure. I don't think the 3Ls would look right with an extended hilt. Maul's blades are suppised to be full sized; using 3Ls would suggest that they are shorter, akin to the dual-bladed saber used by Darth Zannah.

Put me down in the Trans Blue and Trans Green camps. I've always hated Trans Neon Green as a color, even moreso as a green lightsaber blade. For the record, I hate Trans Neon Orange even more, but that really doesn't enter into this topic.

As for Maul's hilt. While it would be nice to have a new mold, I don't see any real reason for TLG to do so. I'd certainly want one though.

i'd really love to see blades in regular trans-Green, because the neon green looks like the shade of a tennisball, it might have been good for M-tron, but it is not good enough for Luke's lightsaber.

LEGO should really use normal trans-blue lightsaver, this trans-light looks stupid.

I think that in 2 HF sets you get two of trans-blue lightsaber blades, so I'm thinking about buying one

or ate least getting them from BL.

About green lightsabers: I like Neon-Green lightsaber because it looks like it's glowing, but because of

my curiosity I would like to see how normal trans-green looks like.

Double-bladed lightsaber handle would be great, but even with this handle length od DM-s

lightsaber is 10 studs. :wacko:

I would definetly like more variations in colors of the blades.

Maybe LEGO should make a new design for handle but then some of them would be more expensive. :sceptic:

More different shade/tone/tint of blades would be interesting, though I change I would like to see is the handles, Yoda's is shorter and each one is just different plus they are not all one colour or tone but a combination of like black and silver trim.

May the brick be with you ! :yoda: