Sign in to follow this  
4xMore

MOC: 4-wide truck with trailer

indexed.gif V-LV-63D

First of all, a big hello to all members of Eurobricks!

I think I am considered an AFOL now, and I have been lurking around here for months but only got the courage to show off some of my MOCs by now. I build vehicles mostly in the classic Town scale. The majority of my bricks are far from new, nor are they in mint condition and sadly I don't own a proper camera, therefore I'll have to ask for your excuse in advance for the poor quality of the pictures and also for my English.

This time I would like to show you a lorry, with which I tried to mime the cabin of the Scania trucks.

The front of the truck (only the four cheese slopes are new pieces):

truck_front_0.jpg

Side view:

truck_side.jpg

The back of the lorry:

truck_rear_0.jpg

Oh, the proud driver appears! The third axle can be leveled when it's not needed:

truck_axle_up_1.jpg

We have a trailer for the longer hauling trips. I think this type is called a close-coupled or a tandem assembly:

truck_trailer_detached.jpg

The trailer from the rear:

truc_trailer_rear.jpg

The complete rig from the side. The truck has a 4x14 box, while the trailer is 4x16:

truck_trailer_side.jpg

I kind of like the red stripes on the sides. A final angle shot of the complete truck:

truck_trailer_angle_1.jpg

I already have ideas on how to improve this, but I am really curious about your opinion too.

Thank you for the attention!

Very early 1990's '4xMore' :classic: .....nice front end on the truck :thumbup: , needs to go though a truck wash eh.....don't worry I have tons of dirty can't get clean parts....that's where stickers can in handy ! :blush::laugh:

Welcome to EB too....hope this is the first of many of your creations we see.

Brick On Truck On '4xMore' ! :classic:

It's a clean 4 wide design. Very classic looking and I like the "dirty" white bricks. A clean freight truck isn't being used enough!

Welcome "4xMore" to EB and enjoy your stay here!

Really nice looking truck and of course the recognition value of this Scania truck is high. Not easy in 4wide. I like the details you've put the MOC, especially the different use of the axe as a mirror holder. What a clever idea. I like the typical european look of that trailer truck and the red stripes on the side.

Hope that we'll see more of your creations in the future. :excited:

Keep going!

Thank you for the replies!

Very early 1990's '4xMore' :classic: .....nice front end on the truck :thumbup: , needs to go though a truck wash eh.....don't worry I have tons of dirty can't get clean parts....that's where stickers can in handy ! :blush::laugh:

The oldest white bricks in this build are from a set I got in 1991. I like to think that I had tan coloured bricks before TLG came up with this colour. :)

I'm not a fan of stickers (especially not in the way TLG is using them instead of proper front grilles on newer City vehicles), so you won't see any on my future models. It is more fun to me to play with shapes and colours. Truck cabins are good for this, since there is room for many bricks. Only I am not that good at SNOT techniques.

It's a clean 4 wide design. Very classic looking and I like the "dirty" white bricks. A clean freight truck isn't being used enough!

Exactly. It is the end of winter, the roads are covered with dirt and mud and the surface is often wet - hard to keep it clean.

i like how you used the lego axe.:sweet:

I like the details you've put the MOC, especially the different use of the axe as a mirror holder. What a clever idea.

Unfortunately the upside down placed axe as a mirror bar is not my idea, I think I saw it on k100m's car transporter first. Also, I am not sure if 4-wide, classic Town-era vehicles should have rear view mirrors or not. In this build I let them stay because I liked the look of the gray pieces around the windshield.

Really nice looking truck and of course the recognition value of this Scania truck is high. Not easy in 4wide. [...] I like the typical european look of that trailer truck and the red stripes on the side.

You have no idea how much fun I had looking at and reading about your MOCs on your website. Lovely vehicles!

I have been tinkering with different recognizable truck models for a few months now and yes, they are not easy. The Scania front is the most straightforward and I have a Mercedes Actros semi tractor almost ready, but the other makes are way more difficult. I am planning on another Scania, the bonneted T-series is an interesting one.

Edited by 4xMore

Great work 4xMore. I love the looks of this truck. Don't worry about the mirror. It realy fits. Hope to see more of your buiding skills