Nocturnian Brethren... you did not see this.

In the heart of Albion lies Norah's Noria, a place for those too far from clean water (or when the city is under siege) to get a barrel.

16369236655_0686069bd4_c.jpg

This noria is ox driven allowing more water to be pulled from the well than any hand cranked noria would allow. Norah's ox is named Draema. Draema is known to be the most powerful ox in all of Albion. Norah's elder son, Forman, guides Draema along the path to drive the noria's wheel.

16343268256_0781c10e50.jpg

After the water is pulled from its source, the barrels are stored or loaded onto carts for distribution around the city. Norah's husband, a carpenter by trade, helps load the barrels onto a cart for delivery.

16369237285_120ae6a804.jpg

For any citizen that misses the noria sitting out front of Norah's house, the structure can be identified by the water barrel sign hanging out front.

15749256973_663dfbe221.jpg

Norah's younger son, Frasen, keeps the barn and store house clean.

16181613358_72cb92d779.jpg

=====================================================================================

I designed this build to complement the Albion Forge that I did as a remix to the DC's classic "Ye Old Forge". The landscaping colors and contours are similar, but this time the design is all mine. There are parts of this build that I like better than the Forge, but overall I still think the Forge is a better show piece.

A bonus shot:

16183023349_775a511644_c.jpg

Yes.... ZC.... We see where your true alliance lies. Once an Avalonian, always an Avalonian... Don't try to hold it back.... Feel the flower power...

Anyways... Sweet build, there's so much great detail! I especially like the noria design, some clever parts usage there. And the pulley above the barn is quite a nice touch. :thumbup: Overall the build just feels quite inviting!

Huh. Well, I learned a new word (noria) today - thanks! The interconnected buildings are awesomely done. The angles of the half-timbering really add a lot and the little garden area adds a nice pop of color. :thumbup:

I have to wonder if you aren't missing the green peacefulness of Avalonia... :grin:

You can take the leader out of the guild, but you can't take the guild out of the leader!

I have to say, as much as I enjoy your Nocty builds, you Avalonia builds are so much more pleasing to the eye with all this pastorial lovelyness! So it was about time you did something like this again. Very great moc and your way to approach half timbered houses is definetely very original and inspiring!

Nice build my Avalonian friend :laugh: I really like the water barrel sign and the overall building design. Loooks great!

Nocturnian Brethren... you did not see this.

The Shadowmere Assassin and Intelligence Guild sees all!

All that aside, beautiful build, love the details. And I learnt a new word! Awesome!

Oh yes :wub: You're one of the best at half timber houses, in my opinion. Love the woodwork details, especially on the center section :thumbup:

The sign, doors, and windows throughout look perfect :thumbup:

Great idea for the build as well, I don't recall seeing a noria before :classic:

Great Avalonian build, ZC!

The half-timber walls are excellent, as are the stone walls on the lower portion! The water barrel sign is a great detail. The border on this MOC is wonderful. I like the use of the flex tubing and buckets on the noria!

Awesome build! I really like the many different angles on the roof. So much to look at here...

Great to see another build from you ZC! I'm really liking the stone technique and the well looks great! We actually have a noria well although we use electricity to pump it so needless to say it looks a good deal different (also, I didn't know noria was a word in English). I am wondering exactly how the water gets from the pails into the barrels though. Does it fall into the trough like thing on the left?

Great to see another build from you ZC! I'm really liking the stone technique and the well looks great! We actually have a noria well although we use electricity to pump it so needless to say it looks a good deal different (also, I didn't know noria was a word in English).

I also was not familiar with the word, but I say a picture of a big one and so I researched it. I believe they are used much more in the Middle East, though they were used in Europe at various times.

I am wondering exactly how the water gets from the pails into the barrels though. Does it fall into the trough like thing on the left?

Yes. Falls into the trough. I think in a more "realistic" version, the buckets would tip at the top, either through gravity or a post or stick that would tip the buckets.

Fantastic!

Envy, ENVY!!!

So beautiful, so well-designed... I must build this for myself (one does not do that, right?)

Congratulations to a fantastic MOC!

The orcs are watching...

I really like this. The build has just amount of busyness to be attractive but isn't all over the place. The buildings themselves have a classic feel to them that I enjoy.

Shape of the house is great, and I really love the technic stone walls!

So, we don't hear from you and then find out you're carousing around with the tight wearers? Saddened that you can't go flower picking in Nocturnus without getting poisoned?

Seriously though, lovely build as usual. The dark orange works well here, especially with all the great wood trimming everywhere. The water trough-wheel-ox area is a definite highlight here. Really nifty border here too!

Don't worry, I'll come back to Nocty soon enough- but it is hard to leave my tight-wearing, sissy roots completely!

This is unacceptable! A Nocty guild leader building such awesome stuff for tight-wearers! Nice build tho, just to nice and fluffy for us nocturnians. :tongue:

nice to see some classic Z back again! haha once your set in the avalonian ways its hard to leave them aye? ;) no worries, I know how ya feel Z! As nice as the build is something that bugs me - and has been bugging me for a few of your builds, no offense - is the trunks of your trees, I get that some trees are really straight but I think having some more organic shaping in there would be great, thats my only nitpick though :)