Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

Empires. A new faction of pirates based on the napoleonic wars

grenadier_of_middle_guard_1815.jpg

My idea is for a new faction linked to the current pirate theme. I have called it Empires and it is introducing more of the european armies such as the French, Austrian, Russian, American etc soldiers who were more involved in the Napoleonic Wars. The example i am showing here is of members of the French Imperial Guard Grenadiers(the Old Guard). The way their story links to the pirates theme is that the Emperor Napoleon is tired of the bungling by the Governor and Admirals in the way they are dealing with the pirates so he is sending in his elite troops to deal with them. So here he sends his Old Guard to fight the pirates. The theme can quite easily expand to include armies from other nations as the conflict will grow. Also more troop types can be made rather than just the traditional soldiers and marines. This could now include cavalry, light infantry and elite regiments.

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

Sets for the theme would include- Impulse set Soldier on the march which would be a Grenadier with campfire cooking pot musket and sword.

- The guard post as seen below

001.jpg

- The cavalry attack with 2 cavalry soldiers fighting 2 pirates(or other soldiers) and a cannon.

- Battle pack with 3 Grenadiers an officer and flagbearer or drummer

007.jpg

- Fortress siege which is a fortress wall section with cannon emplacement and soldiers defending it against enemy troops.

- The Campaign army which includes tents a flagpole and cookpots and soldiers and cavalry troops and a cannon with horse team.

007.jpg

Cavalry Hussars and Chasseurs

The bearskin hats come courtesy of shapeways and were designed by woody. I modified them to include the plume and cord decorations.

Very nicely done, michaelozzie.

I changed the title to match the other entries (theme/entry name in the title and 'MCW Contest Entry' in the sub-title :wink: ) and updated the Entries Index.

Good luck for the voting!

LuxorV

Very nicely done, michaelozzie.

I changed the title to match the other entries (theme/entry name in the title and 'MCW Contest Entry' in the sub-title :wink: ) and updated the Entries Index.

Good luck for the voting!

LuxorV

Thanks for that Luxor

You should start selling these, these are fantastic, every minifigure is decorated with excellent detail!

I think it's obvious to mention that I will vote for this ...

(but also without my items Michael has done a lot of great work)

Woody and Michael are the top customizers among our ranks, It's a pleasure to see their projects.

BTW: Woody I love the new Bearskin Hat Version, like the plum inclusion.