Sign in to follow this  
Thrash

Prehistory

title.jpg

Theme: Prehistory

Character Made: Prehistoric Hunter

Parts Included: Lego Drumstick, Lego Brown Cape, Brickforge Tribal Spear, Custom Made Sculpy Dreadlocks (by me)

Decals used: prehistorictorsodecal.jpgprehistoriclegsdecal.jpg

Backstory: This theme takes place during a time when tribes roamed the land, hunting and gathering whatever they could just to stay alive. The men’s main jobs were to hunt wild animals and protect their women from other tribes and wild animals such as Saber Tooth Tigers. Meanwhile, the women took care of the children and spent some time gathering berries. The elders of the tribe claimed to be magical…

Possible Sets:

Prehistoric Hunter (Impulse) - $3.49 - Just a simple little impulse set with a hunter and some drumsticks and a small animal corpse.

Prehistoric Gatherer (Impulse) - $3.49 - An impulse set with a gatherer, some fruit, and a bush to pick the fruit from.

Hunter vs. Sabertooth Tiger - $9.99 - A small set with two hunters and a big sabertooth tiger to fight.

Shaman's Cave - $19.99 - A fairly small set with a Shaman's cave hideout and his personal guard.

Hunter Training Ground - $29.99 - A medium sized set with 2 children, 2 hunters, a few practice dummy's and a small training hut.

Hunters vs. Wooly Mammoth - $49.99 - A medium sized set with 4 hunters, a gigantic wooly mammoth, and some sort of net trap to help the hunters and add playability.

Prehistoric Village - $79.99 - A large set with the Chieftan, 3 hunters, 3 gatherers, and a child in a small prehistoric village including 2 normal huts, the Chieftans hut, and a spindly looking wooden wall. Also comes with a sabertooth tiger to attack.

Other Characters: Chieftan, Hunters, Gatherers, Children, Shaman, Shaman's Guard (see below)

Front:

entryfront.jpg

Back:

entryback.jpg

Left:

entryleft.jpg

Right:

entryright.jpg

Top:

entrytop.jpg

As a little extra, here is a shot of the other characters that would be in the prehistory theme:

prehistorylayout.jpg

chieftandecal.jpggathererdecal.jpghunter2decal.jpg

hunter3decal.jpgshamandecal.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments and ideas are much appreciated! :classic:

Prehistory Brickshelf

~Thrash

Edited by Thrash

Wow, this was fast! :laugh:

Very nice idea and neatly organized presentation, with the Backstory, Possible Sets and Other Characters points.

Good luck :thumbup:

LuxorV

Fast and good, just how I like my LEGO. You even made a suitable logo, cool. I like your figure, the decals are very good and prehistorical. As said on Flickr, the hair looks a bit weird to me, but I couldn't do it any better myself. Great job! :thumbup:

What a great entry! :thumbup:

The custom dreadlocks are very cool, the decals as well. I see some influences from your Aztec Sacrifice minifig decals, I really like them.

The artwork above the actual minifig adds a lot to it I think.

I think he could be more hairy, he has no beard for example and I don't think they used sharp mammoth bones to shave. :tongue:

Yes what a great idea for a new theme! I really like your minifig, now I imagine your others sets ideas as real sets : real lego sabertooth tiger and mamouth! Sounds great!

The torso you made is beautiful as the hair.

Good luck to you in the contest (the best entry so far ! :tongue::tongue: )

Wonderful entry! :thumbup: I really like the decal (specially the "sandals"? and the scrapes) That prehistoric theme of yours would be great. Good luck for the contest! :wink:

Very nice, fast and creative entry! I never expect someone to be so quick to design a customised minifig within a short period of time. By the way, your minifig sure look mighty fierce and strong. :thumbup:

Fast and good, just how I like my LEGO. You even made a suitable logo, cool. I like your figure, the decals are very good and prehistorical. As said on Flickr, the hair looks a bit weird to me, but I couldn't do it any better myself. Great job! :thumbup:
Thanks! The logo was pretty simple to make...I just had to take the hand from the torso, blow it up a little bit, and slap it in the middle of some text where the "o" would go!
What a great entry! :thumbup:

The custom dreadlocks are very cool, the decals as well. I see some influences from your Aztec Sacrifice minifig decals, I really like them.

The artwork above the actual minifig adds a lot to it I think.

I think he could be more hairy, he has no beard for example and I don't think they used sharp mammoth bones to shave. :tongue:

Haha, I suppose he could be more hairy, but I decided it would be more fun to make the skin visible so that I could show the handprint marks and stuff on the torso. There were probably some groups of cavemen that couldn't grow much body hair anyway!
Yes what a great idea for a new theme! I really like your minifig, now I imagine your others sets ideas as real sets : real lego sabertooth tiger and mamouth! Sounds great!

The torso you made is beautiful as the hair.

Good luck to you in the contest (the best entry so far ! :tongue::tongue: )

Thanks...hopefully it's still the best entry (although the Bishop is pretty sweet...)
Wonderful entry! :thumbup: I really like the decal (specially the "sandals"? and the scrapes) That prehistoric theme of yours would be great. Good luck for the contest! :wink:
I'm glad you like the sandals because they were such a pain to put on. Whenever I tried to move the fig the sandal decals would stick right to my fingers. It was so annoying.
Very nice, fast and creative entry! I never expect someone to be so quick to design a customised minifig within a short period of time. By the way, your minifig sure look mighty fierce and strong. :thumbup:
Thanks whitefang. I had nothing better to do the first day of the contest, so this was the result!

I figured I should beef up my entry since the competition keeps getting better and better, so I made the rest of the figs for the line. A shot of all of them can be found in the first post, but here are closeups of two of my favorites:

Chieftan:

chieftan.jpg

Gatherer:

gatherer1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

~Thrash

P.S. I don't know why I didn't quote and respond to LuxorV's comment, I must have missed it. Anyway, thanks LuxorV! It was fun trying to come up with ideas for sets and other characters.

Great new additions, Thrash!

I always love to see how much style and humor you can put in your customs :wub:

LuxorV