How much do you want elves?

Elves?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you want them?

• I have to have them
    • I'd buy them, but...
    • I'm not interested in any more fantasy stuff
    • Depends on the sets

I thought I'd throw this out there. I've read some predictions about elves appearing in LEGO form, possibly on this site. Normally, I'm a Star Wars guy, but that's becoming less and less since the last few sets I've gotten are Castle. I've got a bunch of dwarves, I've got a bunch of orcs, as well as some skeletons, humans and a troll. I love these sets, and since I had a castle 20 years ago, these sets make me feel young. I also loved Lord of the Rings and Dungeons & Dragons 20 years ago, so the fantasy elements feel like a natural progression to me.

So, I'd love to see some elves. And you?

I would like to see them, but whether or not I buy depends on the sets, and my 40k budget.

jifel

I'd buy them, but...

...only if they actually were elves. You know what I mean, they lived in the forest, had tree houses and forts, maybe even a lake (with a woman in it that gives you help when you need it. :tongue: ) I for one actually like BURPs, and hope they incorporate them into an Elven line. The elves would have to have some armor, but not like the knights. More trees and vines would be nice. Maybe Lego could even make a new monster race to fight the elves, but I doubt it. :hmpf_bad:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of fantasy. For at least one year, can we have normal castle? No dragons, no elves, no monsters, just classic bad guy vs. good guy. I don't want them, unless it comes with all sorts of cool parts.

We had normal Castle stuff for like 30 friggin' Years. I think it was about time for something different, and i personally thing the fantasy theme is the best in castle since the early 90's. It would be odd if they'd start yet again a new castle era, this one only been running for not even 3 years. This theme has a LOT of potential, and i would love to see elves, though i agree on that it mostly depends on sets, there can be awesome stuff with other factions too.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sick of fantasy. For at least one year, can we have normal castle? No dragons, no elves, no monsters, just classic bad guy vs. good guy. I don't want them, unless it comes with all sorts of cool parts.

You got your Medieval Market Village, so stop whining! :tongue:

It wouldn't make any sense to me to just stop producing Fantasy Era for a year just to release a few sets without any fantasy elements , and then continue with it after that.

In my opinion the Fantasy Era won't be complete without elves, and I still have high hopes that we'll see them next year. There's only so many forts, wagons and warmachines you can make with the four existing factions, and I think they're all pretty much done already. It's time to move on to more factions or just end Castle theme for good (which I wish will never happen).

I wouldn't mind another human faction, but I'd rather see elves. Luckily they're not mutually exclusive. :wink:

Why would we need elves?

We've got skeletons, trolls and orcs.

And on the other side we've got: dwarves and a lot of human fractions.

I don't need no fairy elves with pointy ears to aid the resistance - they always skip when the stuff hits the fan :laugh::wink:

I'm Guessing 30 odd years of Normal Castle doesnt count?

Even in the older castle lines, we still had Ghosts, Dragons, magic, etc. There's always been an element of Fantasy to the Lego Castle Series.

Elves would be a great theme, Im thinking more Female Figures with the Elves, new helmets, new buildings and archetecture.

Why would we need elves?

I don't need no fairy elves with pointy ears to aid the resistance - they always skip when the stuff hits the fan :laugh::wink:

Simple. They could be a thinly disguised reincarnation of the Forestmen. Who wouldn't want these in dark green and reddish brown?

x106.jpg

Then we could hope for some production tests in red or white, too! :wub:

That's a great and very interesting topic, def! :thumbup:

I voted for

I'm not interested in any more fantasy stuff :sick:

since I really do not like the current "Castle" theme. I really would like to see TLG releasing more classic styled Castle sets :wub: without fantasy creatures and fantasy stuff or even better make a break with the "Castle" theme for some years and release some Western sets :wub: .

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I would buy Elves, but they are not a theme I would be over excited about to see. I hope they do release them because I think the more veriety we get in MiniFig's the better, and they will include good accersories and parts in green and brown.

Difficult question. I'm not sure. I don't like Lego's new castle line. A new LotR-Line would be MUCH better. But it's only a dream I think. Star Wars is the biggest lego license line and as long as this line exists there won't be another big line. :hmpf_bad:

Lego can produce things that belongs to TLC. But that's not more than a LOTR fake. :angry: (orcs, trolls, dwarfs) Ahhh...the good old times...

I wouldn't buy them. Maybe in a few years, my LotR dream becomes true. :wub::tongue:

Although this is really improbable.

Edited by Darth Lion

I really want elves but would happily settle with a new range of forestmen.

I think visually they could be awesome if they were tree related sets.

Fantasy or no i love castle and will buy whatever ( not that awful kings carriage though).

Edited by alex12

Don't worry your not the only one, I just want another human fraction as the bad guys.

Simple. They could be a thinly disguised reincarnation of the Forestmen. Who wouldn't want these in dark green and reddish brown?

x106.jpg

Then we could hope for some production tests in red or white, too! :wub:

I would like the theme if they used these hats but I heard some ware that for some reason TLC couldn't produce these hats anymore. Not sure why though.

I'd love some Elves, if LEGO made the sets like castle intertwined with trees, if you know what I mean.

And I don't see how the fantasy elements have stopped LEGO from making some regular type building. Take the new drawbridge for example. That's just a beautifully normal Medieval piece of architecture, but it happens to come with skeletons as the bad guys. And then there was the King's Castle, the tower in Tower Raid, the coastal outpost with the Skeleton Ship, and many more. If it takes fantasy creatures to make LEGO make beautiful non-fantasy buildings, why not continue? When LEGO did make men against men just three years ago, the buildings they came up with pretty much stunk.

I'm not particularly interested in another year of fantasy, so the sets would really have to provide alot of useful non-fantasy fare to hold my interest. I know that this particular point of view seems to offend the majority here but I find fantasy themes somewhat dull. I would rather see a new generation of theives, bandits or forestmen thrown in the castle mix (which I'm sure the majority don't want either). That being said, I don't think we'll ever see another non-fantasy castle line so if your big into fantasy I wouldn't really worry about it.

That being said, I don't think we'll ever see another non-fantasy castle line so if your big into fantasy I wouldn't really worry about it.

Never is a long time. I'm sure at some point LEGO will end the fantasy line, wait a year or two, and then put out some new Castle sets with a different theme. That's what they've always done.

I'm curious, what faction would be elves's enemy? because this theme needs conflict to stay alive..

and I have to have them...

Edited by SiRoa

I'm curious, what fraction would be elves's enemy? because this theme needs conflict to stay alive..

and I have to have them...

What about ... DARK ELVES ... They should look similarly with a few small differences - red eyes and dark skin (somewhere between navy blue and dark bley). Facial prints should be the same only more sinister. Hair pieces and accessories should also be the same, only a different color.