Sign in to follow this  
M_longer

Power Miners Mining Loader

05.jpg

When the first pics of the PM sets appeared on the net, I was sure that I will never buy a PM set, because I dislike a lime colour. A bit later Misterzumbi showed his Power Miners themed models. He also wrote something about AFOL's and Power miners in his letter. Then I've started to like lime colour... Few days ago I've bought a 8959 Claw Digger. And I must say that it's very funny :) Some AFOL's who I know said that Power Miners isn't succesfull theme. Too unrealistic. Too childish. Well, It's a good thing that PM vehicles are unrealistic, because real mining machines are... boring. As you can see above, I've built an underground mining loader in Power Miners colours, which shape is based on the real machines. And... it's booooring, because it doesn't have claws, or saws. It even doesn't have oversized drill ;)

06.jpg_thumb.jpg 07.jpg_thumb.jpg 08.jpg_thumb.jpg 09.jpg_thumb.jpg 10.jpg_thumb.jpg

11.jpg_thumb.jpg 12.jpg_thumb.jpg 13.jpg_thumb.jpg 14.jpg_thumb.jpg 15.jpg_thumb.jpg

16.jpg_thumb.jpg 17.jpg_thumb.jpg 18.jpg_thumb.jpg

Brickshelf

Flickr

MOCPages

And that's all. Now go and build something that is less boring ;)

Boring or not, i think you made a cool model! :thumbup:

The lime green is an ok color for these type of machines, the grey colors match with it very well too.

People will always build what they like, the PM theme definitly has potential for futuristic builders and can be incorporated into the space theme as well i think.

I remember seeing a real truck in lime and i immediatly thought of the PM sets, here's another examplë:

45068836.JPG

So they can be made into the city theme as well.

Looks good and it could be an actual set.

Thanks also for showing us so many pictures!