Sign in to follow this  
Jareth

Bullywugs on Patrol

While traveling from Scarbourough to their rendezvous with the rest of the Phantom Legion, the bullywugs and their skuttlenip trackers kept to the fetid marshways. At first the skuttlenips seemed excited by the journey. But soon Shaman Timrek noticed theat the beasts were staying closer to the warriors and quieter as well. The warriors kept bragging to each other, not noticing how bothered their trackers were, or how their shaman kept an eye on them. When the eyestalks of the skuttlenips suddenly pointed their eyestalks in a perfect star in all directions Temrek stopped in his tracks.

"Croak!"

The three warriors drew their swords, well kept and free of rust despite the damp environment.

phantom07.jpg

A pair of Muroni swooped down from the trees. The three pugilists started to surge forward.

phantom06.jpg

"Croak!"

At Timrek's command Nibor flipped backwards to guard the rear from the Mummified Necromancer that had enchanted the Muroni

phantom03.jpg

The havok quickly turned to the bullywugs favor. While Timrek couldn't effect the Mummy wtih his spells, he was more than capable of preventing the Necromacer from harming his champion, and the Muroni were simply not skilled enough to fight outnumbered without an ambush. The Skulltnip swarm kept clear of the dried flesh of the mummy, but had no problem taking tastes of the muroni legs whenever they had a chance. And each time they did, the two warriors slashed viciously with their swords.

It was only a matter of time before one of them landed a solid hit, and the crack of the hollow bones clashed with the screak of the bewitched monster. The other Swordstoad turned and together they rained blow after blow on the helpless doppelganger. His companion, freed by the distraction of the warlock and the horror of the situation, turned and adjusted his wings for flight. One, two powerfull beats lifted him into the air, only to suddenly feel the bite and pull of the skuttlenips on his legs. Rapidly he beat faster, gaining height, but loosing endurance. He slowly spiralled back to earth in time to see Nibor perfectly destroy the mummy's staff with a twin slash of his swords, then reverse and sweep the two swords through the withered body.

The shaman pointed and his soldiers threw the Muroni into a pool, skuttlenips and all, so that he could talk to his companions in quiet.

"Croak." Which to a batrachian ear meant. "Excellent! The purple pants make us invincible!"

The skulltnips started to emerge from the gamy pool. Nibor turned to look at them and then back to his allies. "Croak."

Which roughly meant. "They are done feeding, lets go meet the rest of the phantom legion!"

Hehe cute little fellas! But they look dangerous! Great idea with the LOTR rings on the arms!

Great idea with the LOTR rings on the arms!

Indeed a great idea, I'm going to use that someday! Also nice job coming up with the names of all the creatures!

I love this! Awesome minifig combos, story, and names. The bullywugs and their skuttlenip trackers are a welcome addition to the Phantom Legion! I'm impressed with the creativity behind thisl! :thumbup:

Although I'm not a huge fan of those heads, they sure do look terrifying, and you've got some very creative ideas there! :thumbup:

Indeed a great idea, I'm going to use that someday! Also nice job coming up with the names of all the creatures!

Thanks everyone!

Just so you know, Bullywugs are a Dungeons & Dragons Monster, Muroni are a type of shapechanging vampire (From Vampires A-Z) and Skuttlenips is my own name.

I just wanted to mention how much I like this scene. You really have a great eye for parts use and a strong storyline.

:classic: