Bonaparte

Request HERE to recover a lost topic (from the 5 day window)

As a professional DBA I can only applaud your dedication to this site in opening yourself up for this bombardment of requests :) I know how painful it can be to recover and merge databases, so a big thank you!

I lost one user and a post that was previously indexed in the LDD official Sets topic.

The user was "DenJansen"

The postID was "1407923"

The topicID was "41226"

As the user don't exists anymore, can I have the content of the post inside a private message?

Thanks.

I lost one user and a post that was previously indexed in the LDD official Sets topic.

The user was "DenJansen"

The postID was "1407923"

The topicID was "41226"

As the user don't exists anymore, can I have the content of the post inside a private message?

Thanks.

I think I found it. Check your PM inbox.

Can you find my 858 review titled Pictorial Review: 858 Auto Engines from the Technic, Mindstorms... forum?

Check your PM.

I lost a lot of my heroica quest, Quest 42... would that be possible? Thanks :sweet:

Hi, I lost a thread about, I think it was titled something like 'two mosaics, loose brick and light brick'. It was in the special themes forum.

Cheers

Anita

Hi,

It seems that my entry presenting a mosaic dedicated to Leia and R2-D2 has been lost :sad: .

If this can help, the link to the topic was "showtopic=74813#entry1407047".

Please, could you try to recover it because I have no copy of what I have writen :look: .

Thanks.

Hi,

It seems that my entry presenting a mosaic dedicated to Leia and R2-D2 has been lost :sad: .

If this can help, the link to the topic was "showtopic=74813#entry1407047".

Please, could you try to recover it because I have no copy of what I have writen :look: .

Thanks.

Hi, I lost a thread about, I think it was titled something like 'two mosaics, loose brick and light brick'. It was in the special themes forum.

Cheers

Anita

I lost a lot of my heroica quest, Quest 42... would that be possible? Thanks :sweet:

All requested posts are in your PM inboxes.

I lost a thread the day before the server went down. I think it was called "building a rollercoaster" and was located in the technic forum. I was so mad when I found out that it was gone, but apparantly I can probably get it back :D

I lost a thread the day before the server went down. I think it was called "building a rollercoaster" and was located in the technic forum. I was so mad when I found out that it was gone, but apparantly I can probably get it back :D

Check your PM's. :classic:

Sorry again for this inconvenience. Very soon (1-2 weeks) we'll move to a regime of daily backups. We are talking all measures to make sure this will never happen again.

I think, offering to recover lost topics from the damaged database is a great compensation :classic: We won't forget that we are guests here and that no staff member gets paid for this. Thanks again for your efforts!

It was in the Technic forum, started by Meatman, titled "Can someone explain How This guy got the New 2013 Grand Prix Racer already?"

Yes please :classic: We had a very good discussion going on about that model. I would also like to know if anyone had any information about whatever happened to the model that was being sold.

Hi,

Was wondering if I could perhaps have my topic "Lord of the Rings Custom Designs" - I think it was entitled - back up in the Minifigure Customization Network area...it contained my design of Saruman from the Lego video game. I plan on putting different designs from the video game, so it would be nice to have for my later designs.

Thanks a lot for all you work on restoring this amazing site!! Appreciated!

Hi,

Was wondering if I could perhaps have my topic "Lord of the Rings Custom Designs" - I think it was entitled - back up in the Minifigure Customization Network area...it contained my design of Saruman from the Lego video game. I plan on putting different designs from the video game, so it would be nice to have for my later designs.

Thanks a lot for all you work on restoring this amazing site!! Appreciated!

It's in your PM inbox. Thanks to re-post it.

May I have my Edited RA review of Brick Calendar please? Thanks :classic:

I have sent it to you in a PM.

I think by now most topics are recovered and so I'll close this topic tomorrow.

Underlying reason is a planned server move (on Thursday), and we won't be moving along the other forum from which we have been recovering these posts.

If I could please get these two, I would really appreciate it!

Uh, could we get the thread discussing leaked photos of the 42000 F1 car? sadly, I don't remember exactly what it was called, or who started it.

It was in the Technic forum, started by Meatman, titled "Can someone explain How This guy got the New 2013 Grand Prix Racer already?"

Yes please :classic: We had a very good discussion going on about that model. I would also like to know if anyone had any information about whatever happened to the model that was being sold.

If I can get the latest "Cost and Size of a Lego Minifigure Scale Earth" in the General Discussion and News forum from the five day window, that would be great.

The one on this board seems pretty complete when I compare it.

It's complete, to the best of my knowledge, except for the original post. It originally had errors, so I spent about an hour fixing those.

Here's the first post of the cost and size topic:

A Lego minifigure is 1.5 inches tall. Let's say the average human height is 5'-6". That means, considering height only, not size, a Lego minifig is 1:44 scale.

The mean radius of earth 6,371 km, or about 3,959 miles, so that's a diameter of about 7,918 miles with a surface area of about 196,939,900 square miles. That means a minifig scale earth at a scale of 1:44 would be about 180 miles wide, which is roughly the driving distance between New York City and Baltimore.

The surface area is (4)pi90^2, which equals about 101,788 square miles. That's about the size of the state of Colorado.

According to this calculator, it would take approximately 142 billion Lego bricks to cover a square mile, at a cost of 14.1 billion dollars (USD). So, for an entire Lego minifig scale earth, completely hollow, that would be about 14,453,896,000,000,000 Lego bricks.

That's nearly 14.5 quadrillion. Which, at the current rate of production of about 19 billion Lego elements per year, would take about a million years to produce. It is also about 30,000 times the total number of bricks produced since the company was started.

14.5 quadrillion Lego bricks has an approximate retail value of nearly 1.5 quadrillion dollars. That's roughly 700 times the USD monetary base, or over 20 times the entire world's GDP.

The other one is a really long topic. Not sure what I can do.

Here's the first post of the cost and size topic:

Fantastic, thanks!

The other one is a really long topic. Not sure what I can do.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't realize you were simply copy/pasting individual posts and sending them on. For some reason I thought you could update the current database with parts of the old one, meaning you could resurrect an entire thread. I see now that is not the case. No worries. Thanks much for all the hard work!