Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

EB 2011 Windsor Event (2-5 June) - Hotel reservations

How to book accomodation for the EB 2011 Event at Windsor

Hotel booking set-up is now finalized. You can now go ahead and book your room for the EB 2011 Windsor Event

Please read all of this carefully.

Rooms have now been allocated for us at Sunningdale Park (a very nice hotel and conference centre in a green environment about 10 minutes drive south from Legoland). However, we will not make the booking directly towards the hotel, but instead a booking agency will do that for us. To book a room, you need a credit card and then you need to either call or email the booking agency. Contact info:

Phone: 0044 1753 743900

E-mail: windsor.accommodation@rbwm.gov.uk

Very important When booking, be sure to mention the following booking code that is for our group: LG0611

Please note carefully

1) Each room is to be booked separately. You need to yourself call or e-mail the above agency to make your booking.

2) For each room, a room-booking-person needs to be appointed. For single rooms, this is obviously the person staying there, For twins, you have to agree amongst yourselfs (see list below).

3) The prices are £65 for a twin and £55 for single. Breakfast is included.

4) A credit card is needed to make the booking

5) As mentioned earlier, children are not allowed during weekdays - only weekends.

6) After you have booked, there is a 10% non-refundable cancellation fee, i.e. if you cancel the room you loose that money. Rooms can be canceled up until 24 hours before arrival.

These are the rooms, who stays in them, arrival date and depart date

Single1

LegoStein 01-jun 05-jun

Single2 --> BOOKED

Sir Norman Ray 01-jun 05-jun

Single3

Ras74 01-jun 05-jun

Twin1 --> BOOKED

CopMike 01-jun 05-jun

Etzel 02-jun 05-jun

Twin2 --> BOOKED

Christian 01-jun 05-jun

Quarryman 01-jun 05-jun

Twin3 --> BOOKED

Boney 31-maj 05-jun

Captain GH 31-maj 05-jun

Twin4 --> BOOKED

Pally 31-maj 05-jun

Pally Extra 31-maj 05-jun

Twin 5 --> BOOKED

Aredhel 01-jun 05-jun

PepperMint M 01-jun 05-jun

Twin 6 --> BOOKED

Holodoc 01-jun 05-jun

Snefroe 01-jun 05-jun

Twin 7+8

Superkalle 01-jun 05-jun

??Superkalle Extra 03-jun 05-jun

(I'm marked with ?? since I need to work out some alternative accomodation during the weekdays with my family).

Please let us know in this thread once you have booked your room. Thanks!

Twin3

Boney 31-maj 05-jun

Captain GH 31-maj 05-jun

Twin4

Pally 31-maj 05-jun

Pally Extra 31-maj 05-jun

We will move ahead with booking our rooms in a few days. We're just in the process of sending the cash for our 2 rooms to one person and next to make the booking and payment.

What are the other eventees doing? Booked already? Going to book soon?

I hope you are all still as excited about the event as I am. It's going to be fantastic!!!

Well, I am excited!

I attempted to book on Thursday, prefering to ring up. Sadly, all I got was queuing music, and after about 10 minutes, gave up. Since Holo has asked me if I'd be willing to share, I'm waiting for a response from him or the other two if they would prefer I did that.

I really can't wait though :) I know a good chunk of the route anyway (driven to Heathrow before for BrickCon in October) and just need to mooch a satnav/memorise directions for the rest of the way! I haven't been to LEGOland since, hmm, shortly after it opened! I'm only sad that now, when I finally return, I can't get a driving licence. Just have to stick to my real one :(

-Sir Norman "Yes, I am drunk. Why do you ask?" Ray.

Voila, I've send following email to windsor.accommodation@rbwm.gov.uk

Dear,

I'd like to book 2 twin rooms (under booking code LG0611) at Sunningdale Park (Windsor).

Twin room 1 is for Tom Jacobs (BE) and Rick Bewier (NL)

Twin room 2 is for <name3> (NL) and <name4> (NL).

We'll check-in on Tuesday 31st of May and check-out on Sunday 5th of June.

If my info is correct the total price should be £650 (£65 per night incl. breakfast for a twinroom).

Please confirm and provide instructions for payment.

Best regards,

Tom

Now let's wait and see :-)

Since Holo has asked me if I'd be willing to share, I'm waiting for a response from him or the other two if they would prefer I did that.

Well, it's time for either Etzel or Sne to lift their voices I think.

I will book tomorrow, so my sleepingplace is saved. :grin:

I will copy and paste your mail, Boney.:tongue:

Yeah - excitement ON!

I will copy and paste your mail, Boney.:tongue:

Please do, that's why I posted it here :wink:

I just got following email back:

Dear Tom

Thank you for your email regarding rooms at Sunningdale Park.

We will need to take a deposit of 10% (which will be £65) for the whole booking. You then pay the balance to Sunningdale Park on check out.

This can be paid by either visa or mastercard and you may wish to contact us by telephone to give us this information.

We are open today until 5pm – please call 01753 743934.

Kind Regards

Anne Hall

I've called them to give my creditcard info. This is an official government tourist agency, so fully safe.

Our 2 rooms are now booked :thumbup:

Dear Tom

Thank you for your booking.

I have attached your booking information to this email and have taken the deposit of £65.

Your booking reference is: xxxxx

We hope you enjoy your stay at Sunningdale Park and please contact us if we can be of any further help.

Kind regards

Anne

I have asked for room #6, but left open who will accompany me (either Etzel or Sne).

The reply was similar to yours, Boney.

I will pay the full 10% deposit tomorrow, as it's too late to call them today, but that's not a single problem, I will claim it from whoever stays with me. :classic:

So who's going to be the lucky dog? :grin:

Yeah, I'm still not sure how this will work out.

Quarryman was kind enough to ask the hotel if it was possible to include an extra bed in a twin room, waiting for answer there. But if that isn't possible I would really want to share a twin room with Holodoc. But then snefroe wanted that too so I don't know which one of us that gets it?

@Sir Norman Ray: I think you can go ahead and book your room if you want a single room. Don't feel forced to share one just because I'm a cheapskate :tongue:

@ Etzel: I have rearanged a bit in the rooms, so you are now staying with CopMike.

I will call you guys tomorrow and sort out why and so on.

@ Holodoc and Snefroe: You too are now in one twin room.

@Sir Norman Ray: I think you can go ahead and book your room if you want a single room. Don't feel forced to share one just because I'm a cheapskate :tongue:

Well, with that, I sent my request off for my single room! You snooze ya loose! Well, I spent about 5 minutes getting confused over the maths of it all. (seriously, I work for a bank!)

Now just to await paying the deposit.

-Sir Norman "Hmmm, bring me a fresh piece of gold for this payment." Ray.

@ Etzel: I have rearanged a bit in the rooms, so you are now staying with CopMike.

Well, with that, I sent my request off for my single room! You snooze ya loose! Well, I spent about 5 minutes getting confused over the maths of it all. (seriously, I work for a bank!)

Now just to await paying the deposit.

-Sir Norman "Hmmm, bring me a fresh piece of gold for this payment." Ray.

Great to see this is all sorted out!

@Holodoc: I've put your room in 'booked status' in the first post.

Good, then the extra bed plan won't be necessary, I'll tell them that when they reply to my email. Unfortunately I have to wait until Monday to do the actual booking (need to get paid first, but I guess a few days won't be a problem :wink:)

Ohhh, pooooor Etzel!!!

you will have sleepless nights ;-) I survived CopMikes snorring one night though, but 4 nights? Good luck ;-)

you will have sleepless nights ;-) I survived CopMikes snorring one night though, but 4 nights? Good luck ;-)

Hmmm, I slept in the same room as Copmike for a whole week in Chicago back in June, no problems at all with his snoring. I think you greatly exaggerate how big this problem is. :tongue:

Good to know this worked out ... somehow.

I had bad feelings in stirring this all up. :cry_sad: Etzel, you will always be welcome in our room! :blush:

Thanks for sorting this out, Ras - hopefully all is fine with you...

Concerning the telephone call, today I had my first attempt.

The lady at the other side was quite short with me and led me to her colleague that send me the e-mail.

She will be back in the office tomorrow...

I don't know why she wasn't able to take care of my request though.:hmpf:

Ohhh, pooooor Etzel!!!

And no extras for you young girl :devil:!
Hmmm, I slept in the same room as Copmike for a whole week in Chicago back in June, no problems at all with his snoring. I think you greatly exaggerate how big this problem is. :tongue:

Yeah, that´s the spirit :thumbup:!

Booking ON!!!

Ohhh, pooooor Etzel!!!

I will probably just imagine it as the rattling of LEGO bricks so I'll be fine :wink:

I had bad feelings in stirring this all up. :cry_sad: Etzel, you will always be welcome in our room! :blush:

hm.... is that so? ok, he can have your bed then! :tongue:

at what time is everybody going to arrive? I'm thinking i'm gonna head into town, meaning London first, - do some shopping - and go to Windsor in the afternoon of the 1st of June.

at what time is everybody going to arrive? I'm thinking i'm gonna head into town, meaning London first, - do some shopping - and go to Windsor in the afternoon of the 1st of June.

My flight's supposed to arrive at 22:10 local time the 1st of June, so I guess I'll be there at around 23:00 maybe? Didn't look like it's a long distance from Heathrow, and I'm travelling light. Anyone else arriving at Heathrow Wednesday evening?

I will arrive in London Gatwick at around 9:25 a.m. on wednesday morning and Ray is going to pick me up (:thumbup:).

I don't know what to do next. Windsor? London City?

I guess it depends on where the majority is and what they do. :wink:

I will arrive in London Gatwick at around 9:25 a.m. on wednesday morning and Ray is going to pick me up (:thumbup:).

I don't know what to do next. Windsor? London City?

I guess it depends on where the majority is and what they do. :wink:

I hope you can fit in the boot of my car *plays Italian Mobster tune on the kazoo*

Personally, I dread going into London. But thats just me.

-Sir Norman "It's too big..." Ray.

The 'BeNe four' will also come a bit early and be going to London City on the 1st for visiting a number of places (We'll brainstorm soon on where we plan to go so more details on that I can share later - should anyone want to join us). From the 2nd onwards (=official event start) we'll of course follow the event program.

The 'BeNe four' will also come a bit early and be going to London City on the 1st for visiting a number of places (We'll brainstorm soon on where we plan to go so more details on that I can share later - should anyone want to join us). From the 2nd onwards (=official event start) we'll of course follow the event program.

There's an event programme? Did I miss something?

-Sir Norman "I'm sober for a change, so confused" Ray.

There's an event programme?

Of course, there always is :thumbup:

Details will come.

So, many booked, some didn't yet book. The ones that to my knowlegde still need to book are:

Single1

LegoStein 01-jun 05-jun

Twin2

Christian 01-jun 05-jun

Quarryman 01-jun 05-jun

Twin 5

Aredhel 01-jun 05-jun

PepperMint M 01-jun 05-jun

Are you guys and girls taking care of this?