Lasse

MOC: LEGO Mascot Home 1958

This is my best MOC. :classic:

Maybe some of you have seen this MOC before. In August 2011 it was blogged by The Brothers Bricks: http://www.brothers-...go-mascot-home/

But it has not been showed at this forum.

I'm a collector of old LEGO toys. In January 2011 I got the original LEGO doll clothes from the 1950s. Unfortunately the original doll was missing. So I decided to build a doll out of LEGO bricks.

Later my mother and I decided also to build a whole house for him with television, telephone, typewriter, etc. in 1958 style. It took us ½ year to build this MOC. It was finished in August 2011.

The dollhouse has been exhibited four times in Denmark. Next week it will be exhibited in Oslo in Norway and a few weeks later it will be exhibited at LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne in Germany. November is going to be a very busy month. :sceptic:

x_lego_mascot_100.jpg

x_lego_mascot_120.jpg

x_lego_mascot_140.jpg

x_lego_mascot_160.jpg

x_lego_mascot_180.jpg

x_lego_mascot_200.jpg

x_lego_mascot_220.jpg

x_lego_mascot_240.jpg

x_lego_mascot_260.jpg

x_lego_mascot_280.jpg

x_lego_mascot_300.jpg

x_lego_mascot_320.jpg

x_lego_mascot_340.jpg

x_lego_mascot_360.jpg

x_lego_mascot_380.jpg

x_lego_mascot_400.jpg

x_lego_mascot_420.jpg

x_lego_mascot_440.jpg

x_lego_mascot_460.jpg

x_lego_mascot_480.jpg

x_lego_mascot_500.jpg

More pictures can be found here:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=480995

The toys at the floor are old LEGO toys from the 1950s:

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5143965

Here you can read about the LEGO mascot:

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5143964

The original LEGO Mascot doll can be seen here:

http://www.miniland....oppetje eng.htm

Really amazing, thanks. Those mascot dolls and clothes are new to me, I'd like to know the story behind them.

Wow, this is huge! Awesome details (especailly the typewriter) and I love the kichen and bathroom! :thumbup: :thumbup: Fantastic job!

This is an incredible scale! Once I figured it out, I was even more shocked. It's incredibly detailed doll house and the scale is fantastic-enabling you to include fantastic details as glass cup, breakfast on the table, toys, radio and many details in the bathroom and kitchen. :thumbup: Simply impressive!

*oh2*:wub: Beautiful work! The whole thing is wonderfully detailed and the numerous appliances, toys, and pieces of furniture are all superbly realistic :thumbup:

Quite deserving of the front page treatment here and being blogged by TBB :classic:

I saw this a year ago, and I have to say, this might be the best LEGO MOC I've ever seen. The level of detail and the sheer size of this are incredible. Love it.

Well done - and thanks for sharing it!

That is one really cool design. I just love how you re-created some of LEGO's classic toys, like the duck and the tractors. The little mascot is just plain adorable :wub: . The television and typewriter, along with the box of soap near the sink make it look just to perfect! I'm a conformist!.

Out of the world amazing. Great scale. Very clever build techniques. I would never imagine something like this. It doesn't even look like LEGO, which is a very exceptional MOC.

I've never heard/seen anything about LEGO doll clothes??

Keep up the amazing work!

Great Job, I'm really impressed! Also curious about the toy box of legos next to other toys... these blocks seems to be in a smaller scale than regular lego bricks... what are these? Never seen it before!

Really impressive, fantastic work :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All in this MOC is fantastic: the figure, the forniture and the object :classic: :classic: :classic:

I rarely venture out of the Star Wars forum, but i couldn't resist adding my praise to this creation. The amount of attention to detail is just incredible, and the whole scale of the entire build awe inspiring. Kudos to the builder!

Love your building techniques, especially on the furniture and appliances. Lots of attention to detail here, without being too cuttered. This is just fantastic!

Your creation is amazing. My favourite rooms are the kitchen and bathroom, where the details are just exquisite. I also love the patterned flooring and the toys, especially the wooden duck and the horse-stick thingy (sorry, I have no idea what those are called).

The first time I came across this, I didn't realise it was LEGO until I took a closer look.

Edited by Kristel

This is simply astonishing! Parts used in ways, and building techniques, I've never seen before, at least not on this scale!

Just fantastic! Great job! Wish I could see it in Oslo, but unfortunately I am on the wrong side of the country :thumbdown: