Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Rebel alliance fighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I wanted to build a rebel alliance fighter, with a look between a Z95 and a X-wing.

The design started with the engines and a try for the thinner wings with studs on both top and bottom.

Here is the lxf file

lddscreenshot81.png

lddscreenshot82.png

lddscreenshot80.png

lddscreenshot84.png

lddscreenshot83.png

lddscreenshot85.png

lddscreenshot86.png

There is a small space for cargo at the rear, and a full R2 unit, not just a cutted-off head.

And off course working landing gears.

Another fantastic LDD MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's a big starfighter but what weponry it has?? :devil:

Another fantastic LDD MOC :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's a big starfighter but what weponry it has?? :devil:

I'd say the same weaponry as a Z95: lasers and concusion missiles.

Very nice, the engines look a little to far out from the hull/fuselage, making the wings look a little stubby.

I wanted to build a rebel alliance fighter, with a look between a Z95 and a X-wing.

You definitely succeeded! I love the engines :wub:, and the transition from the cockpit to the nose looks great.

EDIT: Also, the cargo storage space is brilliant!

Edited by purpleparadox

Definitely love this model, that's something I'm going to try to build sooner or later, thanks again for sharing your works here, Bob'sensei:)

This is really cool! You definately achieved the look of a fighter that's a transition between Headhunter to X-Wing. :thumbup: Some tiled "striping" on the wings would look cool.

Thanks all

EDIT: Also, the cargo storage space is brilliant!

I sacrified a large part of the storage to get a full droid in there, but I think it was worth it.

Definitely love this model, that's something I'm going to try to build sooner or later, thanks again for sharing your works here, Bob'sensei:)

If you build it then show it to me !

And I'm not a sensei, I'm still learning :wink:

Now this, I like.

Another well done set, great sir.

Might I pester you as for a shot of the landing gear? I'm curious how you did it for a small craft, I've been trying to do one for the similar-sized Republic Striker to no fruition.

Now this, I like.

Another well done set, great sir.

Might I pester you as for a shot of the landing gear? I'm curious how you did it for a small craft, I've been trying to do one for the similar-sized Republic Striker to no fruition.

Here you go, you should take a look at the lxf file :wink:

lddscreenshot87.png

Hmm. By the look of things there's no friction on those joints - the whole thing would instantly flop down. In fact, even if you could use friction joints there, the weight of the ship would still be too much for them to handle.

I think ratchet joints would have to be the way to go.

Hmm. By the look of things there's no friction on those joints - the whole thing would instantly flop down. In fact, even if you could use friction joints there, the weight of the ship would still be too much for them to handle.

I think ratchet joints would have to be the way to go.

I thought the same thing as well, so I went and took a look at the .lxf file. If you look at the underside, the front landing gear is seated right behind two slope kind of pieces(Not sure of right terminology.), I assume that due to the angle the landing gear will be in, any weight from the ship will force the landing gear away from the core of the ship where the weight is, the slopes will prevent it from slipping, so it'll stay in place, the only thing I would have to worry about here is if the piece would come off from the bottom of the ship, the one that connects to the two holed bars, it doesn't look secured in.

I thought the same thing as well, so I went and took a look at the .lxf file. If you look at the underside, the front landing gear is seated right behind two slope kind of pieces(Not sure of right terminology.), I assume that due to the angle the landing gear will be in, any weight from the ship will force the landing gear away from the core of the ship where the weight is, the slopes will prevent it from slipping, so it'll stay in place, the only thing I would have to worry about here is if the piece would come off from the bottom of the ship, the one that connects to the two holed bars, it doesn't look secured in.

I see what you mean, and it's a good solution, however the opposite to what I said would remain a problem - when in flight, the landing gear wouldn't stay up, but would dangle underneath. There's probably a way of clipping or tucking it in though.

I see what you mean, and it's a good solution, however the opposite to what I said would remain a problem - when in flight, the landing gear wouldn't stay up, but would dangle underneath. There's probably a way of clipping or tucking it in though.

I forgot to reply to this discussion today... :hmpf:

So basically yes the landing gears in the model I provided lack 1x1 round plates on top of the 1x1 technic brick. This way they can be attached to the main body while in fllight position.