Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

MEC Category A: Door of Durin

Door of During

Price: $69.99

Includes: Gandalf, Gimli, Frodo, and Pippin

Play Features: Help Pippin skip stones across the water with the Flick-fire missiles! Help Gandalf sit while he ponders the spell to open the Door of Durin! Crash the trees in front of the doors after the heroes enter the Mines of Moria!

Notes: Sticker sheet not shown, Watcher monster sold separately.

15664129992_665d73b11f_c.jpg

15639575676_95cde7a943_z_d.jpg

15477153318_e4a826b763_z_d.jpg

15660616931_8b0acc3459_z_d.jpg

15660615371_0cac3a2c06_z_d.jpg

Please know that I am entering this more as a sarcastic jab at Lego's tendency towards certain infuriating trends than as a real set. I did not have enough time to work on a realistic set, but I couldn't pass up the chance to point out some Lego flaws in a fun way :grin: Like, managing to fit flick-fire missiles in sets where they don't make sense (Attack on Weathertop), sometimes having lame play features when all the people really want are the minifigs (Attack of the Wargs), and always including the same characters over and over again when we would rather have different ones (Gandalf, Frodo, and Gimli... seriously, how many times have they been put in sets?).

Haha those flick fires are hilarious. Nice crashing trees too, but perhaps you omitted the exploding wall play feature? :laugh:

Haha those flick fires are hilarious. Nice crashing trees too, but perhaps you omitted the exploding wall play feature? :laugh:

Nice vignette but the best part is the sarcastic point of view! You missed the catapult though :>

Of course! How could I have forgotten those ever-present play features! :laugh: