Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Mystery Ship: Part 1

Part 1: Introductions

You are aboard the Sea Ghost, a large cargo ship that has departed from a small rainy port along the Washington coast. Aboard the ship are ten crewmen and one passenger, most of whom were too busy to introduce themselves during departure. Now that things have slowed down a bit, you meet in the ship's galley for the first time.

All of you are aware that a mysterious fog has strangely followed the ship since it left port. You have also overheard whispers that the ship is carrying a mysterious cargo unknown to even the Captain. Most of you feel something unsettling about the Sea Ghost and this voyage.

The single passenger introduces himself as Pete Falklin, retired detective who paid a cheap fair to get to Europe aboard the Sea Ghost. "Why don't we introduce ourselves", he suggests.

Galley1.jpg Galley by TheBrickster

Hello, I'm your captain. Captain Maxwell MacLeod.

I have a lot of experience in these waters so don't let the fog scare you. I can navigate throught this just fine. Of course right now I'm standing in the galley instead of at the helm, but I'm sure we're fine. I wedged the steering thingy in place with a broom.

When we stop in any port, anywhere in the world I can hook any of you up with ladies. I know lots of ladies! Do you like ladies? I'll hook you up with ladies just so long as no one asks where I go when we stop, okay?

Now, in case there is an emergency, open the door, get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.

"Boom boom! Shaka-laka-laka-boom!

Boom boom! Shaka-laka-boom-boom!"

Ha ha! Just a little joke. I love 80's music, so I will often serenade you over the ship's...speaker talkie dealie with my favorite tunes.

This one's humurously appropriate:

"Last night I had the strangest dream,

I went away to China,

in a little old boat to find ya,

and you said you had to get your laundry clean.

Didn't want no one to hold you,

what does that mean? She said...

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride,

Ain'ts nothing gonna hold me down, oh no (oh no)

I've got to keep on movin'!"

Anyone got any booze?

Anyone got any booze?

I thought this was to be a dry ship this voyage? I did keep some on board just the same; it is good for cleaning engine parts. Irish whiskey I recall. I believe I left it in the forward bilge. I can go get some if you like.

I am called Manny Cortez. I am, how do you say it, carrier of the loads. I will drink that beer Senior Capitain has offered...

I thought this was to be a dry ship this voyage? I did keep some on board just the same; it is good for cleaning engine parts. Irish whiskey I recall. I believe I left it in the forward bilge. I can go get some if you like.

"And who might you be?", Pete asks "if you don't mind me asking".

I'm sorry. Where are my manners? For those that don't know me I am Jim Doohan, the Chief Engineer. And you may not call me Scotty.

Ahoy. My name is Stillman, and I'll be supplying the fish for you all on this voyage. I don't care if anyone thinks I stink... I personally like the smell of dead fish, and there ain't nothing you can do about it.

Hello, I am Mike Handy, and I'm responsible for this ship's cargo.

For eleven years I've been the load master of this ship. If you want to ask me something; feel free. If not; shut up and leave me alone, 'Cause I'm a busy man..

I detest load music and therefore I spend alot of time just wandering around where I can't hear the captain's outdated noise..

And Captain MacLeod: If you pass out this time too, you'll wake up in the machine room!

I also don't like fish.. I usually bring me own burgers *y*

Meh..

Edited by UniqueBuilder

I'm your personal Chef on board, my name is Chef Otto Von Beckenbauer.

You will address me with Chef or can find your own food!

And stay out of my kitchen or you will get to know the Luger my grandfather left me.

Back in the good old days he used it to shoot communists at the battle of Stalingrad.

If there would have been more Austrians at Stalingrad, things would have been very different....

Oh well, I'll go and listen to some Mozart. Better than listening to your crap stories. I don't even want to know all of you. Damn newcomers.

I also don't like fish.. I usually bring me own burgers

And you can eat those crappy burgers of yours with your cargo. Don't even think of bringing them near my excellent food. The smell alone... oh hell, I'm going !!

Edited by Bonaparte

How convenient! Irish whiskey is my favorite! Yes please get that for me. That's my old buddy Scotty. Did I tell you we were in the Navy together? Well, don't ask about it! >:-( We don't tell that story...

While you're at it, the ship seems to be slowing down. We need more power Scotty! Make the floating vessel dealy we're on go whoo-whoo choo-choo Zoom! Got it?

I am called Manny Cortez. I am, how do you say it, carrier of the loads. I will drink that beer Senior Capitain has offered...

*sing* HELLO MANNY! IT'S WHISKEY, NOT BEER! LO SIENTO, NO CERVEZA...WHISKEY! COMO SE DICE "WHISKEY" EN ESPNAOLO...er...ESPENALA...ESPANOLE...COMO SE DICE "SPANISH?" *sing*

Hello, I am Mike Handy, and I'm responsible for this ship's cargo.

For eleven years I've been the load master of this ship. If you want to ask me something; feel free.

Right! What is our load? I hear it's mysterious.

*Does Thriller dance*

:-D :-D I've been taking dance classes. What do you think?

I detest load music and therefore I spend alot of time just wandering around where I can't hear the captain's outdated noise..

Hey now, I can dance if I want to!

"(I) can leave (my) friends behind...

'cause (my) friends don't dance,

and if they don't dance, then they're-

no friends of mine!

You can dance...

doot doo doot doo, doot doot-do doot do do!"

Safety Dance, that's one of my favorites. X-D

oh hell, I'm going !!

Bye Otto! Man, he's a good cooker guy...

Hey now, I can dance if I want to!

"(I) can leave (my) friends behind...

'cause (my) friends don't dance,

and if they don't dance, then they're-

no friends of mine!

You can dance...

doot doo doot doo, doot doot-do doot do do!"

Safety Dance, that's one of my favorites. X-D

Bye Otto! Man, he's a good cooker guy...

Damned Maxwell, shut the megablock up. I'm trying to listen to Mozart here.

And stop dancing. It makes an irritating noise in my cabin.

You are the worst dancer I've ever seen. Find another hobby !!

That is confidential..

"It's been a mystery

Still they try to see

Why something good

Can hurt so bad

Caught on a one-way street

The taste of bittersweet

Love will survive somehow, someway"

Damned Maxwell, shut the megablock up. I'm trying to listen to Mozart here.

And stop dancing. It makes an irritating noise in my cabin.

You are the worst dancer I've ever seen. Find another hobby !!

*sing* YES OTTO! YOU'RE A GOOD OVEN WORKER GUY. THANK YOU! *sing*

Love that guy, makes the best stuffed clams, YUM! Can't understand a word he says though. Thick thick accent...

"And who might you be?", Pete asks "if you don't mind me asking".

Oh, where are my manners? We haven't given our passenger a chance to introduce himself. Go ahead, sir.

Oh, where are my manners? We haven't given our passenger a chance to introduce himself. Go ahead, sir.

Oh, I thought I had done so. My name is Pete Falklin, I am a retired detective. I'm on way way to Germany for the Octoberfest. I recently lost my job in Heceta and really appreciate you allowing me to share a ride on the Sea Ghost.

Peculiar; however... The engine seems to be making a strange sound. Can you hear is Scotty?

I use to work on a fishing ship years ago and got quite accustomed to the various engine sounds on board the ship. CLANK! That doesn't sound to good... :'-(

The Sea Ghost begins to slow down...

"Feel your innocence slipping away...

Don't believe it's coming back soon.

But you really don't remember,

was it something that they said?

All the voices in your head,

calling 'Gloria!'"

That song has nothing to do with the situation. It's just something I sing when I'm scared. Where is Scotty? And I have another engine worky guy, Jim Tupe or something like that. Where is he?

Oh, the ship is sinking and we haven't even met everyone yet...

Where's my captain's manual? I have no idea what to do in case of a boat sinking. And I am not going down with my ship! I love her, but not that much!

Someone hold me... :'-(

Oh, the ship is sinking and we haven't even met everyone yet...

Someone hold me... :'-(

Who said anything about sinking? |-/

Scotty, get your lazy @ss over here this instant!!!

* Chef Otto returns to the galley and starts cleaning his Luger at a table in a corner of the room *

nuqneH Hoch, wIj pong 'oH Gene Wagonberry

For those of you that don't speak Klingon, though I don't know why you wouldn't, I said "Hello all, my name is Gene Wagonberry". I've been assigned by corporate to maintain the peace and security of this lovely ship during our passage into the last frontier. Anyone who would threaten the order of things will have to answer to my deadly phaser, I call her 'Picard'. I picked her up at the '05 TrekTrak con and have been assured in it's ability to take down even a Borg.

Now that we have these "pleasantries" aside *snort* I need to get about my job :-|

Mr. Handy, why don't you like fish? That seems rather suspicious to me, especially working on a boat.

Chef...why do you want to keep people out of your kitchen, what are you hiding there? And for that why do you wear that color hat? You'd think it would get dirty and stained fast, but yet you keep wearing it! Why? And what do you have against communists? I'll have you know the concepts of communism follow to a large degree the concepts of the Federation!

And now you, captain, stop your shenanigans, you're a disgrace to all the Captains that came before you! Captain Picard would be ashamed to see you...hell, you even bring shame to the likes of Captain Kirk! :-X You and your silly fetish for that Earth music is peculiar to say the least, why do you like it so?

And Manny, so you're the ship's construction drone? What planet do you hail from, your accent is unfamiliar even to me...

And Scottie, what do you have against the name scottie? It's a fantastic name bearing a great deal of respect. It's a name that anyone should be proud to wear with them, it's logical. >:-( >:-( >:-(

Stilman, why don't you care about your smell? Is it covering up the smell of some crime that you can't wash away, or does it just give you more time to watch your blasphemous Star Wars movies rather than showering? Disgusting habit, I'll be keeping several eyes on you.

Lastly it seems we have a detective, interesting that you want us to introduce ourselves without you attempting to introduce yourself first! Do you have something to hide? Where do you hail from? Why did you retire? Why did you buy fare on this voyage, and most importantly, who is your favorite Captain? And don't be a smart-Alcyones you know what kind of Captain I mean.

Who said anything about sinking? |-/

When the ship slows down, it means it's sinking right?

Gene, pleasure to meet you. What's a corporote?

I don't know why I like it, I just do. I was bornsed this way! This one guys out to you Geno!

*dances*

"Private eyes

Theyre watching you

They see your every move

Private eyes

Theyre watching you

Private eyes

Theyre watching you watching you watching you watching you"

Stilman, why don't you care about your smell? Is it covering up the smell of some crime that you can't wash away, or does it just give you more time to watch your blasphemous Star Wars movies rather than showering? Disgusting habit, I'll be keeping several eyes on you.

No, you've got me figured wrong. I don't pay much heed to those types of silly fiction movies. I'd rather be spending my time out on the sea, with the wind and waves. :'-)

That the engine has slowed down this early in the voyage is very fishy... the first mate is not here with us... why? It would not surprise me one bit if he were toyin' with something...

When the ship slows down, it means it's sinking right?

Gene, pleasure to meet you. What's a corporote?

I don't know why I like it, I just do. I was bornsed this way! This one guys out to you Geno!

*dances*

"Private eyes

Theyre watching you

They see your every move

Private eyes

Theyre watching you

Private eyes

Theyre watching you watching you watching you watching you"

Well first of all I said "corporate", they're the fine people financing this vessel. I can't reveal any more about them. And secondly my name is Gene *snort* I find it hard to believe that a CAPTAIN doesn't know what corporate is, or how to speak. Are you sure that you're not really a redshirt? *snortlaugh snort snort snort*

No, you've got me figured wrong. I don't pay much heed to those types of silly fiction movies. I'd rather be spending my time out on the sea, with the wind and waves. cry_happy.gif

What?! DID YOU JUST CALL IT A SILLY MOVIE? Maybe you don't realize the implications of that masterpiece. What do you do out there with the wind and the waves anyway? Plot how to take over the Enterprise? Er, take over the ship? I think so!

Edited by Starwars4J

Well first of all I said "corporate", they're the fine people financing this vessel. I can't reveal any more about them. And secondly my name is Gene *snort* I find it hard to believe that a CAPTAIN doesn't know what corporate is, or how to speak. Are you sure that you're not really a redshirt? *snortlaugh snort snort snort*

All this here snortin' seems a tad suspicious... are you really a pig in disguise?

Herrr Wagonberry... you are a curious one... talking continuously... asking everyone questions.

Du remind me of a girl I once knew. Always talking, asking where I have been, what I was doing...

You seem like one of those Star Trek nerds. Stop watch TV and do something useful.

Let me aswers some of your question...

Chef...why do you want to keep people out of your kitchen, what are you hiding there?

None of your business !!

And for that why do you wear that color hat?

None of your business !!

You'd think it would get dirty and stained fast, but yet you keep wearing it! Why?

None of your business !!

And what do you have against communists?

None of your business !!

* Stands up from his chair with his Luger in his hand *