sam89

2008 Mars Mission sets

I haven't even heard about new MM sets. Kind of disappointing considering how poor the aliens were. I just hope they introduce a new, more articulated alien.

Thanks Sam!

They sound kinda a lame :-/

As was the entire line,with the exception of the cool astronauts and small fighter

I had hoped they were finished with the line but it appears not..........

Piranha

The price points on everything Sam has found today seem very reasonable. Seems like another great year for AFOL's wallets! X-D

Thank you again Sam.

An alien with a jet pack... I'm tempted to make a vignette out of this. X-D

*sweet* Space lives on! I'd rather any space than no space. The aliens don't bother me as while they sure are lame, they are only a small part of the set.

I for one am not happy, MM I find to be a repeated line with poor contruction. The fact that the jellies have returned don't make this better, but I guess this means atleast I have a couple of sets I don't have to buy! :-)

Batbrick Away! >:-)

i was told a new wave would be coming in 2008, but i'm not looking forward to it. I still only have the Rhino and, in hindsight, bought it for waaaaay too much money. Paid 100euro, now, it's 69 euro... :'-) X-O

Hope these new ones are better than the current sets...

I am so not going to buy those X-D I would love to see pics of them though !! Its cool that TLC decided to expand the Rhino concept with multi vehicles sets: that ads to playability and coolness ;-)

But IF they sell and make TLC money then I'm happy !! I would sincerely love to see a new space exploration theme instead of those humans vs crappy aliens |-/

*yoda* awaiting Sne's upcoming reviews *sweet* :-P

*yoda*

But IF they sell and make TLC money then I'm happy !! I would sincerely love to see a new space exploration theme instead of those humans vs crappy aliens |-/

Me too! :'-) But for some reason Lego like the bad guy vs good guy sets. I wish they would just pick one...

Me too! :'-) But for some reason Lego like the bad guy vs good guy sets. I wish they would just pick one...

And that per se is not necessarilly a bad thing ;-)

For instance, take a space explo theme like the quest for moon settlements and you could have 2 teams of humans race for the precious "space eldorado" or something like that and that could be cool !!

But alien mass killing is not really exciting |-/

*yoda*

For instance, take a space explo theme like the quest for moon settlements and you could have 2 teams of humans race for the precious "space eldorado" or something like that and that could be cool !!

*yoda*

Stop that! You're making me drool! :-P

ok, so they'll give us two more sets, then what? Is it like the viking theme? two more sets and gone, or is this just the first two of something more?

I don't mind aliens... there are cool aliens in the sw sets too, I just don't like these space aliens. However, i don't think Lego will change the mf vs alien theme only because I want them to. after all, it takes a looooong while before Lego has figured out their product is not always exactly the way the community wants it... so maybe... in a few years time... there is hope....

I can definitely see this do a Viking (that should be the new term! *y* ) and disappear. Unlike with the vikings however I will be happy. The coolest thing in the theme were the astronauts, and I can pick those up in those impulse sets! ;-)

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Nice find Sam!! These sets sound interesting, especially the switch fighter!! 6 wheeler ay, and it transforms? *sweet*

*yoda*

I'm with you, but instead of 2 teams, how about a wacky racers approach with multiple teams. That way you get the current pieces in a multitude of colors instead of just 2.

I mean how many lime green diamond shaped hinged wing does one need?

It becomes a little more hit and miss in terms of design. I mean, instead of having one alien design with some variations like the current set, you're asking the team to come up with 5 - 7 new ideas every year. And I'm sure some of them will be stinkers but the different styles might appeal to different people. Like the current set of MM has pros of a some decent pieces but the cons of skeletal design and really bad cockpits (in my not so humble opinion and thats not bringing up the aliens) a more diverse selection might include sets with less useful pieces but maybe a better cockpit or great pieces and horrible colors.

I mean if you're worried about a rehash of the jelly bean knights, we have how many years of color combinations to pull from.

Year 1:

Small set: Classic space, light grey and yellow trans cockpit - Space Guide. Small shuttle that acts as a guide to other factions

Slightly Larger: Spryius, black and red with trans blue cockpit - Cosmic Runner. High-Speed recon craft

Medium: Insectoids - dark grey with trans grean cockpit - Defense Post. Mobile surveying team that 'transforms' from bulky looking ship to little fort area

Large: - New Faction - Some sort of space pirate to cheat and steal from the other groups and be held in check by

X-tra large: Space police 1 - black with trans-blue, Police HQ...maybe if we do one in space they won't need one in town for a couple of years.

Large store exclusive: Blacktron 1 ;-)

The realities of manufacturing probably precludes doing something like this but I can dream, right?

-Tohst....oh, and those two sets excite me not at all. I'll be okay if MM 'pulls a viking' as people here are calling it. Of course, Vikings didn't leave, they just got shorter and moved to Castle proper. And where are the Aqua Raiders last two sets?

I like the MM line only for the minifigs... *wub*

( I mean minifigs, not these.. these... "things" ! )

and because I never give up hope... I hope the switch fighter will seat 2 figs... hopefully...

I don't like it that all MM vehicles can sit ONLY 1 minifig! Even the shuttle! >:-(

How did they come to mars???

... emm yep... I just love shuttles... I want my people to travel together! :-D

so... as others here stated, perhaps I will get the impulse things and BL some funny heads for my astronauts..

wrong topic here, but does anyone know with what head the impulse astronaut comes with?

:-)

Hold on a sec. 'MX-41 Switch Fighter', it has MX-##, then the set name, which means it's human (as the alien ones have ETX in front), which means a human fighter that's not small, like the Astro Fighter! This one I expect to be quite cool, I can imagine a neat white and orange attack-ship. Hooray!

~Peace

Product Features

* Transform the MX-41 Switch Fighter from 6-wheeled rolling ground vehicle to high-speed rocket jet! Features multi-mode conversion and alien attack vehicle. Transport aliens in the MX-41 Switch Fighter or store energy crystals!

* Converts from a high-speed rocket jet to a rolling ground vehicle! Open cockpit to put the astronaut at the controls!

* MX-41 Switch Fighter is 13