Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Rumours and Discussion

Please discuss Series 12 Rumours here. The thread will become the News thread once confirmation becomes available.

Please keep the discussion to the upcoming Series 12, and try to avoid idle speculation or wishlists.

Latest News

14124042498_8a6fa508aa_b.jpg

Thanks legojapan

Pictures from Minifigures MMO from CM4S

Edited by Rufus

Sorry, I guess there is a topic for this, I just can't find it. Can someone merge it to the proper topic?

On the facebook page of a Hungarian lego webshop, a list of the CMF series 12 (71007) arose:

Space Miner, Battle Goddess, Wizard, Dino Tracker, Swashbuckler, Jester, Piggy Guy, Hun Warrior, Fairytale Princess, Pizza Delivery Man, Video Game Guy, Spooky Girl, Prospector, Genie Girl, Rock Star and a Lifeguard

Sounds good to me, but I cannot give a confirmation. There is a placeholder photo of a gray/silver box.

Edited by Yooha

Space Miner, Dino Tracker, Piggy Guy, Fairytale Princess, Video Game Guy and Genie Girl all sound fun to me!

Is this just like series 11 not going to be available in The Netherlands? If it is available here, I love the sound of Battle Goddess and Hun Warrior, maybe the Wizard and Jester, depending on whether they are medieval or not. Jester sounds like it's medieval, Wizard could be also modern. Man, I hope this will be available in The Netherlands. Or Germany.

If legit, then I welcome this line-up. The names are generic enough, but from what I've seen of past releases, the figures speak for themselves in picture form, not word form.

I'll buy one of each, but by the names, probably lots of extras too!

A lot sound like redos, but I'm sure they'll turn out great.

'Pizza Delivery Guy'

'Fairytale Princess'

'Wizard'

'Piggy Guy'

'Jester'

YES.

-Sci

Isn't this series supposed to be linked to the MMO game?? Are these playable characters in that game, does anyone know?

Good find. If legit, I like this!

Exactly. I would skip the space miner and the piggy guy most likely but those history and fantasy minifigs some good. Since I started doing modulars, I can really use some more detailed City folks too.

Space Miner - Power Miners/Rock Raiders? - this doesn't really appeal to me. Are there many female space miners?

Battle Goddess (female) - no idea what a Battle Goddess is - it sounds mythological. Probably a tough female character to balance any criticism of the Fairytale Princess (traditionally a 'weak' character in stories).

Wizard - Hopefully the hat and main colour will be something different from previous wizards, maybe purple or something that isn't blue or grey.

Dino Tracker - not really sure if this is just an archaeologist/explorer or something more sci-fi. I was hoping for a jungle explorer with a toucan as a new piece or blue macaw using the parrot). Could be the 5th female.

Swashbuckler - Swashbuckler sounds like a more 'dandy' version of the pirate. Female pirate like Anne Bonney?

Jester - Same as the one we had before but possibly a change of colour - do you get female jesters?

Piggy Guy - I do like the animal costumes. I would have preferred a different animal (teddy bear, koala or a beaver)

Hun Warrior - I have been expecting something like this for some time. Will please the Historical/Castle fans

Fairytale Princess (female) - Classic damsel in distress - another one for the Castle fans.

Pizza Delivery Man - Hopefully a nice addition to Lego City - bring back 6350 Pizzeria!

Video Game Guy - I can imagine either thick glasses or 'square' eyes print. Hopefully a new teenage town citizen.

Spooky Girl (female) - hopefully not a monster but a Halloween costume kid (black torso and legs with skeleton pattern)

Prospector - I am thinking of Stinky Pete in Toy Story 2 - an ideal addition to the Wild West theme.

Genie Girl (female) - I would prefer an evil red male genie.

Rock Star - possibly the other female? Hopefully will have a guitar or even better a keytar!

Lifeguard - presumably a male counterpart to the Series 2 female lifeguard (hopefully with red shorts like Baywatch)

Presumably if this is true then there is a 5th female figure included but not obvious from the description, if this follows the boy/girl ratio in recent series. Personally not enough City figures for me and looks like I'll still have to wait for the bellhop, Elvis, barbershop quartet, orchestra and marching band figures. Also there aren't any sports figures - I would have thought a golfer would have been a dead cert for this series.

Edited by lifeinplastic

Interesting list, only the lifeguard, video game and pizza guys will be useful for me......but a few of the other odd-ball ones will be perfect for my son's MOC idea of a parade.

Now rock star.......hmm, someone with a microphone I guess, maybe with a boom attached to it.....a.k.a. Freddie Mercury.

Going based on information released by Funcom previously at Gamescon 2013, they said each world has a "hero" minifig, they have confirmed a Pirate, Space, Castle and Mythology world. Also, yes they are playable in game, each fig will come with a sort of DLC code to redeem.

My guesses:

Space Miner: Space World Hero

Battle Goddess: Mythology World Hero

Wizard: Castle World Hero

Dino Tracker: Very interesting, maybe an explorer?

Swashbuckler: Pirate World Hero

Jester: A new Jester is always useful

Piggy Guy: Animal suit continuation

Hun Warrior: Very cool

Fairytale Princess: Also useful

Pizza Delivery Man: This sounds great

Video Game Guy: In line with the programmer another fig like that is very welcomed

Spooky Girl: this is very vague

Prospector: Wild West?

Genie Girl: Another fig that would be in a standard CMF

Rock Star : Same as above

Lifeguard: Another one? Most likely a man, least interesting fig to me on this list

Space Miner - Power Miners/Rock Raiders? - this doesn't really appeal to me. Are there many female space miners?

Nothing like that at all if it is the hero fig. Funcom has shown a Space world that will be in the MMO. Screenshots here. Has Futuron/Classic Space elements.

This I like.

Space Miner could be interesting.

Pizza Delivery Guy sounds cool and we need a new and better looking pizza piece.

Video Game Guy sounds cool too. (accessory could be a video game controller)

Rock Star, depends on the torso and accessory.

Battle Goddess could be an Amazon type warrior girl (something vaguely similar to the TV show Xena), someone female but wearing lots of armor and stuff.

Wizard, we dont know if its a good wizard or a evil wizard (ala the evil wizard in the Castle Fantasy Era skeleton tower).

Dino Tracker sounds like a character from the recent "Dino" theme maybe or maybe more like adventurers...

Swashbuckler could be pirate like or they could be a bit more like the musketeer character.

Edited by jonwil

Assuming the usual bad translation through several languages, here are my takes on them.

Space Miner, - I think we are getting a new Mtrons minifig. space fans rejoice.

Battle Goddess, - gotta be a Valkyrie. Hopefully a winged helmet.

Wizard, - a lot of ways this can go. I'm kind of hoping less Gandalf floppy hat and More Merlin in skullcap ala Excaliber

Dino Tracker, - probably an unused design from Dino, much like the Alien Queen was to AC.

Swashbuckler, - Yay! A new Pirate fig maybe. An Erol Flynn type. Failing that maybe something along the lines of Zorro or the Scarlet Pimpernell?

Jester, - basic, obvious, classic. Overdue for an update.

Piggy Guy, - I have no idea? Pig suit guy? How exactly did that get past marketing legal and common sense?

Hun Warrior, - Woot! An Asian theme historic fig! I'm hoping for a new funny hat.

Fairytale Princess, - we've long needed a good Princess. Probably a pointy hat.

Pizza Delivery Man, - not exactly inspired, but why not. They obviously have the pieces for it. Besides Lego city needs a clear victim for all these crooks running around.

Video Game Guy, - some sort of nerd, but hopefully with a video game controller.

Spooky Girl, - I'm guessing Wednesday Addams type. A nice add on for the MF haunted house.

Prospector, - making good use of Lego Movie fig parts.

Genie Girl, - Barbara Eden in minifig form. Probably with a bottle. I could live with it.

Rock Star - another? Can we at least hope its Elvis?

Lifeguard - probably a dude this time. Hopefully no Speedo involved. I'm gonna stick him in my Arctic display.

I guess I'm honest enough to say that I have mixed feelings about this rumor list, and I won't say this is a perfect combination of a series even though we've been waiting for a long time.

> Pizza Delivery Man

Well, the highlight might be new uniform and pizza prints. No new parts I guess.

> Fairytale Princess

The only difference is how TLG highlight the idea of "fairytale" in order to diifferentiate from normal Castle princess's. It's a shame for TLG that there have been many Belville figures and Disney miniolls featuring fairytale heroines, and they should have made this kind of characters in regular minifigure sets, not in CMF now.

> Swashbuckler

We don't lack sword users, but Swashbuckler the word often describe ladies, so it might be a welcome female power addition to Castle or Pirates.

> Wizard, Jester, Lifeguard

Sound like another rehashing nightmare after the Pirate Captain. Just hope that TLG will give us a new design.

> Dino Tracker

A redemption for Jurassic? Hope that a Dino baby is coming along.

> Spooky Girl

Sounds like a counterpart to Hippie? Hope that this would be a good addition to City.

> Rock Star

I know FOLs would say that the more band members the better. My expectation is to see an unused hairstyle from Rock Band and a new type of instruments like Keytar.

> Video Game Guy

Really depends on phisycal designs. It has a very big chance to be another Skydiver.

Edited by Dorayaki

This list sounds fantastic! Oh how I have missed regular CMFs. Movie and Simpsons series were fine, but I'll be glad to get back to normal with the regular line, with or without video game tie-in.

Many of these are evocative of those concepts that the French (I think) artist put together, many of which have since come to pass.

If these are real, I'll be getting all of the historical/fantasy figs. My only hope is that the wizard is actually a sorceress.

> Hun Warrior

So TLG finally enter the realm of China? Let's wish for more Chinese inspired characters, oh ,and don't forget Mulan. :angry:

No, the Hun Warrior is eastern European and central Asian more so than chinese, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huns

Edited by jonwil

This list sounds fantastic! Oh how I have missed regular CMFs. Movie and Simpsons series were fine, but I'll be glad to get back to normal with the regular line, with or without video game tie-in.

If these are real, I'll be getting all of the historical/fantasy figs. My only hope is that the wizard is actually a sorceress.

Fine or not, it's more about periodical schedules in order to ensure both the return of regular and special series for us .

As the series going on we don't really have to worry about gender counterparts. Rehashing is more like the true worrisome. I guess Witch was already like the counterpart to Wizard, unless you hope to see a sorceress with a very different identity (maybe the Witch is kindheart, the Sorceress is evil).

No, the Hun Warrior is eastern European and central Asian more so than chinese, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huns

Thanx, I confused it with Xiongnu. Edited by Dorayaki

Fine or not, it's more about periodical schedules in order to ensure both the return of regular and special series for us.

Maybe this is a language barrier issue, but I have no idea what you mean.

As the series going on we don't really have to worry about gender counterparts. Rehashing is more like the true worrisome. I guess Witch was already like the counterpart to Wizard, unless you hope to see a sorceress with a very different identity (maybe the Witch is kindheart, the Sorceress is evil).

I'm not all that concerned with gender counterparts. We've just seen lots of pointy-hat wizards. I'd love to see a fantasy sorceress, good or evil, just for variety.

For the wizard, I would like to see hair attached to the regular pointy hat. I saw some LEGO Lord of the Rings designs for Gandalf like that and think this would be a perfect opportunity to get that style of hat. Of course, I understand the sentiment that we have enough gray wizards to last for a long time.

I hope the battle goddess is Athena or strongly based on her. My profile pic is my attempt to do a purist custom of her. I image LEGO could do a shield with Medusa's head printed on it and still keep it generic enough. TLG likes to give the figures a generic name even though it is obvious who it is.

The historical figs sound promising, and the town figs sound fun. I wonder if the Hun will wear Bofur's hat, or a recolor of it.