badboytje88

Twisted Tales

Chapter 1

I should have known the old curse would rear it’s ugly head again.

Apparently one does not simply break the spell of true loves first kiss…

That witch warned me magic always comes at a price.

My fairy godmothers will go nuts when they find out what I did…

Too bad they are the only ones I know who can help me break this curse.

8015353848_a577076a7c_c.jpg

What story is this again? I'm confused. :wacko:

I think it's supposed to be Princess Fiona from Shrek, right?

Edit: Or maybe it's a different take on Sleeping Beauty? The vines creeping in the windows make it seem as though the Minifigures have been asleep for a while. I thought before that they had just been shocked. :wink:

Edited by Legomaster34

Well to answer your question, the main characters name is Aurora. :wink:

So it is Sleeping Beauty! Nice job! :thumbup: I really like the vines creeping in the windows; that's the thing that gave it away for me. :wink:

Edited by Legomaster34

What story is this again? I'm confused. :wacko:

It's not a classic story. The main character is Aurora also known as sleeping beauty. My story continues where the 'official' story stops, about a year after the curse has been lifted by true loves first kiss.

So it is Sleeping Beauty! Nice job! :thumbup: I really like the vines creeping in the windows; that's the thing that gave it away for me. :wink:

Thanks! Adding the vines was a last minute decision, but I'm glad I did it!

This scene looks great. The vines look nice and so does all the furniture. :wink:

:wub:

Very nice build, the angled section in the wall adds a lot and the table and candles are excellent :thumbup:

Initially I build the table completely SNOT. But all the stuff on the table kept falling off so I added just a few studs so I could connect some of the stuff to the table. I got some more candles coming up in one of the next chapters. :wink:

Chapter 2

On my way to my fairy godmothers home I noticed a familiar face between the bushes.

It’s my little sister Alice!

How come she isn’t infected by the curse?

Why isn’t she sleeping?

I bet my fairy godmother knows why!

Alice was stuck in a rabbits hole.

As I struggled to pull her out of the hole a little white rabbit pushed itself through the hole and ran off.

Cute little thing looked like it was in a hurry.

8019565913_8fce810e10_c.jpg

It is getting better and better.

Great hedge btw! :thumbup:

Glad you're enjoying it!

I :wub: that hedge! Nice trees too :thumbup:

Thanks! To bad I couldn't get them entirely in the frame. I'll work on that the next time I use them.

Every now and then I will post the characters and their names so you guys won't forget who they are. I designed 63 characters so far and I have integrated 52 characters in the story line so far. Here are the characters so far:

8019860312_771f182a38_c.jpg

The characters who are listed as 'No Name'actually do have a name, but I am not going to tell you what they are. You'll just have to be patient and you'll find out in time.

Edited by badboytje88

Very cool work, I like the twist on the fairy tails. The first build is great the food on the table and like the rest I like the use of the Sprues for vines a part you would normally throw away and you made a nice use for it! Great work!

Very cool work, I like the twist on the fairy tails. The first build is great the food on the table and like the rest I like the use of the Sprues for vines a part you would normally throw away and you made a nice use for it! Great work!

Glad you liked it. The first build will be seen again quite soon.

I love the way the food is positioned at the table, makes it seem so tasty, which plastic unfortunately is not :tongue:Personal experience Can't wait for the next Chapter :classic::thumbup:

I won't keep you waiting to long then. You can expect chapter 3 before the weekend is over. Maybe even before the weekend begins!

Chapter 3

I really gave my fairy godmothers a big scare when I told them what I had done.

Unfortunately they can’t help me break the curse.

They couldn’t do it back then and they can’t break it now.

They told me the one who helped me break the spell of true loves first kiss might also be able to help me with this curse.

Alice finally told us what had happened to her.

Apparently she fell into a rabbits hole and woke up in another world.

She thought that was the reason she wasn't affected by the curse.

She really needs to cut down on the sugar, poor kid must be hallucinating.

8043268564_8a4de940c2_c.jpg

Credit to Walter Benson for the Teapot

Edited by badboytje88

Excellent fairies :thumbup: The house looks nice too, looking forward to the next chapter :classic:

Glad to see you like it. On my flickr account you can also find a picture of the front of the house.

Fairy Godmothers Home

I won't keep you waiting, I had a productive day so I managed to finish two chapters in one day.

Edited by badboytje88

Chapter 4

We made a small stop at our castle to get some peasant clothes and the beaded bag aunt Hermione gave to Alice.

So we're back on the road again, on our way to the cottage of Scarlet Witch.

She's an expert at breaking the spell of true loves first kiss.

Suddenly Alice stops at a tree surrounded by beehives and points at the tree.

At first I didn't notice what was going on, but after taking a closer look I too noticed there's a man stuck in the tree.

His feet had grown towards the ground like the roots of a tree do.

And out of his hands grew branches, branches with lots of green leaves.

The birds even made a little nest in the tree.

'Help' muttered the tree.

Alice searched her bag and found a butchers knife.

So I started cutting until I freed the man from the tree.

A man made of wood...

8043977955_6321572e86_c.jpg

And a new update on the characters:

8043997239_7c2c855d96_c.jpg

Edited by badboytje88

Nice beehives and the tree looks very nice :thumbup: it will be interesting to see where the story goes from here!

This is actually pretty interesting. I thought at first this was going to be different scenes from different stories, but the fact that it's all connected and is all one big narrative is really cool. :thumbup: The castle is my favorite of them by far, I love the arrangement of the food and the vines in the windows. :sweet:

Nice beehives and the tree looks very nice :thumbup: it will be interesting to see where the story goes from here!

Thanks! The beehives were a last minute addition, it just seemed a bit empty without them.

This is actually pretty interesting. I thought at first this was going to be different scenes from different stories, but the fact that it's all connected and is all one big narrative is really cool. :thumbup: The castle is my favorite of them by far, I love the arrangement of the food and the vines in the windows. :sweet:

I got to say my favorites are the big builds. I finished most of the MOCs for the story already and some MOCs (like the sand road) will be altered every time I use them. So far I got 23 chapters written but there will most likely be around 30 chapters in total.

That castle is impressive. :thumbup: Your story is nice, and I can't wait to see where you're planning on going with this. You've inspired me to try writing a story with MOCs again. :classic:

Chapter 5

After we freed the wooden man from his imprisonment he thanked us and told us his name was P.Noccio.

He said he would travel with us to help us with our quest because he felt it was the least he could do for us after we saved his life.

After a good few hours of walking we arrived at the Scarlet Witches cottage.

She welcomed us in her home, which looked like a personal library.

In the corner stood a hooded figure, dressed in red.

Scarlet introduced her as the apprentice.

Next to the apprentice stood Scarlets bodyguard, a female ogre.

I’ve seen some ogre in my time, but never a female one…

Scarlet once turned a monster into a man with the power of true loves first kiss.

Unfortunately it didn't work out between them and she had to find a way to break the spell.

She helped me break my spell as well.

Scarlet told us we need to collect and unite the magic crystals.

She gave her apprentice her staff, containing the first crystal, and appointed her to help us finish this quest.

If she'd help us with our quest, she would no longer be an apprentice but a true witch.

Our first stop is the home of the map keeper.

8078008319_18d3b67faa_c.jpg

Edited by badboytje88