DLuders

RoscoPC's Lego Technic Racecar Stable

5620443148_646fae3904_z.jpg

On his Flickr photostream, RoscoPC posted images of his Lego Technic racecar collection. Here are some of his finest creations:

LEGO Lotus 43 BRM:

5619853319_5ab4131a8f_z.jpg

LEGO Lotus 79:

5620441654_994e88f9f7_z.jpg

LEGO Brabham BT46B:

5619852207_6f8c8f0833_z.jpg

LEGO Ferrari 312T:

5619851779_c031654bfe_z.jpg

LEGO Tyrrell P34:

5619851355_f5322f88a2_z.jpg

LEGO Lotus 49B:

5619851031_804a438d2d_z.jpg

LEGO Brabham BT46B 2010:

5518621696_874fd965cb_z.jpg

LEGO McLaren MP4-4 Work in Progress (WIP) -- "The McLaren MP4/4 was a highly successful Formula 1 car that competed in the 1988 Formula One season. It was designed by Gordon Murray, who based the design on his lowline Brabham BT55 car of 1986, and American engineer Steve Nichols. It is one of the most dominant Formula One cars ever built, winning all but one race in the 1988 season."

5518563622_5aa094e88c_z.jpg

What are those wheels he uses for frontwheels for Lotus cars, the ones that are equal to the official lego formula wheels only narrower.

Rims i'm guessing are the same as those on the 8297? Right, but the tyre i'm not sure about.

Edited by Ultimario

What are those wheels he uses for frontwheels for Lotus cars, the ones that are equal to the official lego formula wheels only narrower.

It's the ones from 8041, isn't it?

Rims i'm guessing are the same as those on the 8297? Right, but the tyre i'm not sure about.

Those appear to be x1825 tires from 8146 Nitro Muscle on custom chromed 44772 rims.

I love them, especially the Tyrell P34 one. When I was a kid I built a paper model of it.

Lovely collection of racecars, i always love how those old racing cars look.

I really like the lotus.

Edited by P4trickvH

WOW , WOW

WOW! that lotus looks so good, you can hardly seen any open studs and stuff, especially on the body, these models are uncanny, i'm astounded for words

and these models are a giant metaphor to lego , i really dont know why pepole think or say bad things about it

Edited by SNIPE

He is the ITlug Ambassador,my Ambassador and he love the F1,but the Historic Car,because now:hmpf_bad: is not the same,to much rules,and no more mechanical experiment.

Now i call,and i want to see what he say!!

On his Flickr photostream, RoscoPC posted images of his Lego Technic racecar collection. Here are some of his finest creations:

Here I am!

Glad to hear that you like them: I should find some time to present them here in details, but in the latest months it's really hard to find time also to build :hmpf_bad:

Btw, there is an old article on LDraw about my design process, here: http://www.ldraw.org/Article535.html

I'm preparing an updated version includind the latest cars and additional details, but let's say the basis are always the same.

The upcoming McLaren is almost ready: enjoy the turbine on the exhaust pipes, the rear suspension and the rear diffuser fron this image :grin:

5653928043_9c3075f691_z.jpg

PS: and yes, the front rims are always 44772

Has this one a working gearbox :tongue: ?

Come membro di ItLUG sono un fallimento, vero?

No way!

In order to have a diffuser under the rear suspension arms I had to squeeze and shrink everything in that area...

:tongue:

Did you color the front rims of the Lotus 43 and Lotus 79 yourself? If yes, what kind of paint did you use?

Did you color the front rims of the Lotus 43 and Lotus 79 yourself? If yes, what kind of paint did you use?

A simple acrylic spray you can find in a do-it-yourself store. :blush: