Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

[MOC] Battle of Endor

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Yep, I can do dioramas. The landscaping, I know, is not the best, but I wanted to showcase the vehicles.

Here's the initial view:

1262042651m_DISPLAY.jpg

And the bird's-eye view:

12620419961_DISPLAY.jpg

Unfortunately, the diorama precedes my custom 74-Z speederbikes, so the foreground doesn't contain my best work. My personal favorite was the Midi-scale AT-ST:

12620410991_DISPLAY.jpg

That's got a Version 2 coming, so I won't post it separately here (on EB) until that's done.

Other than that, the rest is essentially stock from the Endor set, and the mini AT-AT is Roguebantha's design redone with what pieces I could dig up. I wish I could do more flora, but, regrettably, I don't have a 50,000 piece collection. That's why I prefer the small vehicles of Star Wars.

Finished December 2009, see more on MOCpages.

C&C welcome.

That forced perspective looks really great, and I really like that midi-scale AT-ST :thumbup:

the Inventor

That forced perspective looks really great, and I really like that midi-scale AT-ST :thumbup:

the Inventor

Thanks. This was my first (and so far only) venture into forced-perspective.

Excellent designing there 'Brickdoctor' and great job intergrating MOC's with actual sets. :thumbup:

That mid-scale AT-ST is AWESOME (now if Lego release that as a mid-scale it would sell for sure !). :grin:

Great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That mid-scale AT-ST is AWESOME (now if Lego release that as a mid-scale it would sell for sure !). :grin:

They won't. It's got enough illegal connections to make a set designer sick. :laugh:

The cabin is essentially held together by a 1x1 vertical clip and a pistol.

I love the Midi-scale AT-ST.

That's what everyone says wherever I post this. :tongue:

That's a nice diorama Doc, not bad for your first forced-perpective dio. Of course the midi-AT-ATs are great, as well as the mini(?) AT-AT on the far background (is it a real build or just a photo?)

mini(?) AT-AT on the far background (is it a real build or just a photo?)

It's a mini at 1:200 scale, and it is a real build. (See the second pic)

It's a mini at 1:200 scale, and it is a real build. (See the second pic)

Jeez, I think I have to double-check my eyesight, I didn't noticed that. :wacko: Even at that mini-scale, the AT-AT really looks good, especially at the perspective you shot the first pic.

Jeez, I think I have to double-check my eyesight, I didn't noticed that. :wacko:

Blame the Internet. The pic might not have loaded by the time you scrolled down to read the rest of the post.