Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Orellana's Cradle (Light-Up Crystal Skull ~ Possible Spoilers)

theaterindex.gif

I'm particularly pleased with how this came out ~ no photoshopping here ~ lights by lifelites. I gave Indy gray stubble using Uncle Owen's head!

1-93.jpg

2-86.jpg

3-78.jpg

Thoughts? :classic:

Simply beautiful. That first pic in particular is wonderfully atmospheric.

AMAZING WORK SirNadroj!!!!! :wub:

It's a little vignette you present us here but full with incredible details :thumbup:

The lightly skull is a nice idea :wink: as changing Indy's face, and what can I say about the Conquistador? Perfect!

An amazing job you've done here, the build is great, fantastic use of those stickered pieces, but the lighting effect, wow. It's truly magnificent! :thumbup: :thumbup: You really are having fun with those lifelites aren't you? :grin:

~Peace

Did you buy an extra sticker sheet specially for this vig? :tongue:

I love it! :wub: It has a very spooky atmosphere, and shows off another great use of those amazing lifelites! I have got to get me some of those! Tell me, what type did you get, the basic, the advanced, of the PF compatible? If you got an advanced/PF, did you get type A, B, or C? I'm interested to know. :grin:

The conquistador looks really neat, just like in the movie. You know you really do have a great talent for building movie scenes. You probably here that a lot, but I really do love your work; you are an endless source of inspiration. :sweet:

The different head for Indy id nice too, a good change from the usually used TLC version.

Also, another question, how do you do your lighting? Do you have a set-up like Hickley with foamcore and three lamps etc? Or do you use natural light? Obviously for this one you didn't use natural light, but I am interested in this as well, as I would like to try setting up my own photography set-up, and you seem to be very successful at it.

Keep them coming Sir! :thumbup:

Truly amazing. I love it, however Indy doesn't look like Indy with that face. Really good otherwise

:oh:Ooooooooohh! Shiiinyyyy! :tongue:

Again: very nice job! :thumbup: You seem to have a lot of fun with them Lifelites! :wink: I might get some myself someday. Could you please answer dragonators questions for me too? :blush: Also, where do you always hide the battery box & cables, etc.? :look: I know, a magician never reveals his tricks :grin: , but still...

Don't look at these pics for too long, guys, or else you might get mad! :laugh:

Thanks very much for the feedback. :classic:

Did you buy an extra sticker sheet specially for this vig? :tongue:

I love it! :wub: It has a very spooky atmosphere, and shows off another great use of those amazing lifelites! I have got to get me some of those! Tell me, what type did you get, the basic, the advanced, of the PF compatible? If you got an advanced/PF, did you get type A, B, or C? I'm interested to know. :grin:

The conquistador looks really neat, just like in the movie. You know you really do have a great talent for building movie scenes. You probably here that a lot, but I really do love your work; you are an endless source of inspiration. :sweet:

The different head for Indy id nice too, a good change from the usually used TLC version.

Also, another question, how do you do your lighting? Do you have a set-up like Hickley with foamcore and three lamps etc? Or do you use natural light? Obviously for this one you didn't use natural light, but I am interested in this as well, as I would like to try setting up my own photography set-up, and you seem to be very successful at it.

Keep them coming Sir! :thumbup:

Not for the vig, for my JTTCOTE series, but those stickers are very useful! :thumbup:

I got the advanced one ($50) kit C.

My lighting is nothing special ~ just a few canvases against a wall on the ground of my dining room. I'm only now starting to work on lighting for the JTTCOTE MOCs. I do a lot of lighting changes on photoshop, too (contrast, levels etc.)

Thanks so much! :classic:

:oh:Ooooooooohh! Shiiinyyyy! :tongue:

Again: very nice job! :thumbup: You seem to have a lot of fun with them Lifelites! :wink: I might get some myself someday. Could you please answer dragonators questions for me too? :blush: Also, where do you always hide the battery box & cables, etc.? :look: I know, a magician never reveals his tricks :grin: , but still...

Don't look at these pics for too long, guys, or else you might get mad! :laugh:

I didn't incorporate the battery box in any MOCs yet since there is no need to. It's simply hiding behind the vig, but hiding it in other MOCs (trains or what have you) seems to be easy from pictures I've seen. :classic:

Thanks again! :cry_happy:

Man, SirNadroj, I bet if you worked for The Lego Company, there would be a lot more happier customers :thumbup:

Well said.

Once again, awesome Sir Nadroj! I like Indy's new, older, less arrogant face. I also like how you made both the backdrop and the dead guy (I forget his name). Fire_Mario, couldn't agree more.

Another good one :classic::thumbup: !

wow! amazing! very nice techniques, it looks just like the scene! but wheres Mutt? o well. it kind of looks underwater.

Mixed thoughts! :tongue:

Can somebody please tell me what lifelights are?

an online custom LEGO store that makes light-up LEGO pieces. I think. (yes?)

The stubble on the head looks right, but I think the eyes don't look very Harrison Ford. Anyways, I love how you did the lighting. :thumbup:

I LOVE IT!! :wub: :wub:

How dou you make those things?! :cry_happy:

Great Thougt Fire_Mario!

Undersigned MoWo